1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Mar 14, 2022.

Discuss Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Im the same! I remember at the time not happy about it but when you see it back sober, he's just one dirty *. Knows exactly what he's at and I don't go by all this they would have won anyway since we were poor *. A different ref, we win that!

2. DonnyCelt

Spot on, you can play poorly and still win. Fact is if the ref had done his job at least 3 huns are off the pitch. We get a pen for Barasic handball which was inside the box. The game probably does end differently.

The huns are quick to call a ref out who they feel has had a shocker, and the SPFL/SFA are quick to demote them.

Even without us calling that hun * Madden out, the SFA must surely have seen what he was upto.

Yet we get radio silence.

leeso-ardoyne and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Referee aside, i dont think we were good enough.

Even in the last game vs them, it wasnt a good footballing performance but it was a huge collective effort where they wernt at their best either. But we are not always going to be able to win games that way. In possession we have been poor vs them two games in a row.

And whats worrying is that the games vs Bodo have highlighted that we are capable of that kind of performance.
    Yes we are miles better than where we were and still a work in progress but we are not devoid of criticism and maybe not as good as some think we are. Yet.

you can blame whatever but the bottom line is we will have to pick it up at, especially at Celtic park.

4. Dip 'n' Swerve

the team got cocky.
    at 1-0 we should have brought on bitton (he wasnt on the bench, was he injured?) or mc carthy / guchi etc to close the shop.

When JJ went off we lost our way, but the midfield and forwards were off all game, so many crosses and chances with no real bite.

Jullien on the bench, could we have went a 5-4-1 and played compact

The midfield did not track and the team looked like something from last year

If ccv scored it was game over - funny how it goes but we never really looked like we got out of second gear.

we cant play any worse we have just left the door open which the next game we need to win and begin to turn the screw again.

we miss a scott brown type - we are allowed to be bullied by a more physical team.

George Theodorou likes this.
  5. Dip 'n' Swerve

it shows there is lots of cracks - in terms of chances... so many corners with nothing to show, free kicks , shots outside the box - we lacked any thought into how to unpick them. jota always wanting to come inside, shots over the bar, no aerial threat. powder punch performance. hatate looked goosed from 40 mins, rogic got doubled up. we got bullied and did not track runners. we need a proper strong holding midfield to allow mc gregor up the pitch. CCV scores it is done but wasnt to be. it was the effort and lack of chances that hurt - let it be a lesson for ross county

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Any word from our board re Madhun's performance yet? Any word from the Scottish Government or the SFA re the huns sectarian/racist song sheet. No - not surprised. Just sit back and do * all like we always do and move on to the next game.

7. Dip 'n' Swerve

we should win the games by creating our own chances, the handball incident was harsh, at our end we would not be happy if a pen was given... jota has been keek since he got injured. playing high balls into players 5'7. our subs did not impact the game like theirs.

we need a proper holding midfield who can play box to box and not allow us to get bullied.

it was a typical game we play away from home in europe.

worst game i have seen us play all season - the players got cocky.

ross county is now a 6 pointer. and the following game we cannot afford to get beat at home to them.

Once JJ went of we lost our way - 2-0 would have flattered us but the lack of chances or chances to create opportunities. 10 corners and never troubled them bar CCV clipping the bar.
    w

8. StevieBhoooy!

Taken me 3 days to reach a balance between anger and disappointment that would cancel out any OTT post match reaction or comment on my part….

I am still deeply disappointed in the outcome….

…. but I am now far more angry at the complete lack of comment or action from Celtic plc on the referee performance..

They might have plenty cash … but still happy to have to sit at the back of the bus.

We all know that if the benefits of that refereeing performance were reversed… the SFA would be looking at a 20 point dossier of complaint … and would probably act on it as well.

We may not have deserved the win anyway… but how can you know when the decisions are stacked up so much against you in the first place.

I’ve never felt so disappointed in our clubs lack of spine and blatant contentment and ongoing acceptance of ‘different rule books’.

9. DonnyCelt

I agree we were not upto usual standards. We didn't create much when we got up the other end of the pitch, but I still cannot stress enough that the huns were being aloud to deliberately man handle and hack down our players in order to stop us creating. We were never aloud to grow into the game, and that's all on the ref, it's cheating. If he'd done his job properly then that Lundstrum * wouldn't be getting all the plaudits for being a midfield genius who stopped Celtic. He and at least two others shouldn't have seen half time let alone 120 minutes.

But I do agree that our game wasn't up to scratch when we did manage to get up the park.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  10. Dip 'n' Swerve

yes a void that needs filled, maybe that is why this bayern young player is being looked at - i think ange needs to take the hit partly, when we went 1-0 up it was time to take hatate off and bring on our holding midfielder (albeit was mc carthy) i would prefer bitton and try to shut the game out like we did a few weeks ago.

but yes we never get any help from the refs, so it is always against 12 men, but on sunday it was shocking - even blocking hart's kick out - instant yellow. very strange madden needs to be reviews and dropped for games (which happened to clancy) we all know this will not happen!! the board always take the moral high ground.

also - soro and scales never seen - not saying they are starters etc but a natural left back in for taylor as opposed to playing welsh and ralston etc. the game was won on the impact of subs. sell ajeti and buy another GG type striker.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  11. Dip 'n' Swerve

a game of moments - if their players got those early cards and CCV just got his body over the ball we would be on for the treble. Within the first 10 mins we didnt look like we wanted it - very strange game I think they team thought they would tire and we would win when kyogo came on.

Sunday is a 6 pointer, we need a convincing win for players and fans, I know I couldn't take a 96th min winner this time.

a week is a long time in football at times, a good win on sunday, redbull beat them 2/3-0 at home on thursday then at home to us and then red bull dump them in the second leg will take their down from their so called perch.