1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye mate his English wasn't good and the polis didn't believe/care about it..

Disgrace..

neilly1987 and Keano88 like this.
  2. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Approximately 2am one night I'd no long gone to bed and just lying there in silence when I heard a funny noise, sat up listening and realised it was coming from my 11 Yr old daughters bedroom. As I listened the noise didn't stop so I jumped out of bed and raced in there to find her lying on her back in bed making what sounded like choking noises.i went over to her and seen that her eyes where wide open and she indeed sounded like she was choking on something. She had no panicked look on her face, indeed was straight faced ad just blankly staring up at me. Called her name and tried to wake her, star age thinking about it now as her eyes where wide open, but got no response. Started to panic a little then noticed her lips turning purple and her face turning blue. Was shouting her name and giving her a little shake to see if I could snap her out of whatever it was that was happening. Then she stopped breathing. Was sat there holding her head in my hands looking at her turning this terrible colour and the panic hit me. Thought I was going to watch my daughter die right in front of me. Thankfully something kicked in and I started thinking g a bit more logically and told the Mrs to ring an ambulance and then preceded to check her mouth/throat for any blockage. That's when I noticed her teeth where clamped tightly shut and I realised it was a seizure of some kind. She still wasn't breathing so I had to do some mouth to mouth(rightly or wrongly it just seemed like I should try get some oxygen into her system) and by this time the 999 call handler was telling me what to do and thankfully within 3 minutes I had paramedics banging * out my door. Was scariest thing I have ever faced and even now thinking about and writing this I get a wee bit emotional. I can still see how her we face was and how I feared the worst a parent could face.
    Thankfully it turned out OK in the end and was a common thing a lot of kids face when they hit certain age. Consultant said most parents and kids don't even know its happened it was just luck we heard and witnessed it. She is all good now and has no memory of it whatsoever but * me I can't forget it

3. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

That's a horrendous thing to go through and I think your actions saved your daughter's life
    :notworthy

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    So there i was up the Savoy on a Thusrday night, this big fat burd gave me the eye ....

Zanderama and bagforlife like this.
  5. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't know about saving her life but thanks.
    Yes it was pretty bad thankfully she is ok and no long term effects. Got me so scared that for a year afterwards she had to have a camera baby monitor in her room so we could keep an eye on her. She hated that with a passion but for my nerves and sanity it had to happen.

bagforlife likes this.
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Ah the Savoy on a Thursday....brings back such sweet memories. So did the big fat bird just want you to hold on to her her eye while she did some moves on the dance floor:56:

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  7. Bonobhoy

Glad this was bumped recently.

11 years ago on this friday the Boston Bombing guy posted that Story...then 2 years later the bombs went off.

Still to this day one of the best things i read on the Internet in terms of creepiness.

Great 20 mins read there :50:

Love seeing all the old posters as well

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

Holy *! Doesn't bare thinking thst! Awful experience to go through. Mad thst she's no memory from it. Good to hear she ok now after it. Could have been a while different outcome if you hadn't have heard the noises.

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  9. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Yea was lucky indeed, the consultant did say its common and that its harmless to the child but didn't feel or look harmless at the time.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  10. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Road trip with college buddies from LA to Vegas, decided last minute to go around 2am (3-4 hrs drive time) in a pretty beat up car. Somewhere near the Nevada/California border (desert basically) with no one else on the road, someone in a much faster car tried to rob us at gunpoint (flashing it at us out the window) by forcing us off the road. I was driving, 4 others in car were asleep and I saw the events unfolding in slow motion and anticipated we were going to get held up. I woke them up and said 'I think we've got a problem'

Imagine trying to perform evasive driving all alone on a freeway in the middle of the desert/night and in a clunker of a car that couldn't exceed 80 mph without overheating vs a sports sedan. Proud to say I figured out going in reverse reduced the speed gap between our cars, so I stopped in the middle of the freeway and did just that. Did a lot of that back & forth until car lights started appearing behind us - car finally gave up.

30 min later we saw them pulled over by police, must've been doing this to others too. Pretty stressful experience, killed the vibe for Vegas that weekend nevertheless

But scariest where imminent death seemed looming was actually living through a Category 4 Hurricane in the Caribbean when it made landfall on the island I was - all I could see out of our flat was a wall of water to the sky. Thought it was all over

Smithy and The_Bhoy like this.
  11. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    When i was younger i lived in Pollockshields, was about 7 years old and was walking down Victoria road with my big brother heading to the laundrette as our washing machine had packed in. As we approached a bus stop we noticed a fight had started to break out between two guys, one of them got knocked to the ground and as he tried to get back up, the other guy jumped on his head. I’ll never forget the noise of his skull hitting the pavement. Always wondered what happened after that as we left after the police arrived.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not sure if it’s the same thing but my oldest bhoy used to have febrile convulsions when he was a toddler. Basically a seizure when unwell and the seizure would bring down their temperature. Absolutely * terrifying.

13. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

That sounds so scary mate, would hate to have to watch my kid going through that every time they were ill. Must have worried you shitless.
    They said it was a Rolandic seizure my daughter had, done loads of tests to confirm no epilepsy thank *.

14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    The Spring Of 1998!!!

15. PaddyJamieson

* me mate that is terrifying. Honestly can't even imagine how scary that must have been. Sounds like you saved your daughter's life.

ticketyboo0 and bagforlife like this.
  16. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Yea isn't something I'd like to go through again lol.

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The thing about the Boston bombings is so * disturbing.

Not one for supernatural * but some things are just too strange to be coincidental.

18. Bonobhoy

Another bump...

This thread came into my mind the other day again.

Still Scary as * with the Boston Bombing Dream.

19. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Take it you never sent him the number then.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sent who whit?