1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Oh matron.

Artorias likes this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I was surprised Hatate had the legs to play for as long as he did.

3. john2061

He may have been on the pitch but Ang should have subbed him with Turnbull when O'Reilly came on as we were woeful from middle to front and biton and big GG were the two players that could have made a difference today .

George Theodorou likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Subs in this game at first I thought was slightly baffling. However its a message to all. A clear one to the board. Get the business done in the summer and we won't be in cup semis putting Welsh on as a RB. We will be to busy lifting cups. Clearly need a good 3-4 more top qaulity signings to add to everyone we have. Message is clear. The board better * act. Especially with the big bucks rolling in.

Btw I do think ange got things wrong this week on a whole. An air of the season is over. Players swanning off mid week UK wide. It's been a hard run and they need a break yes, but the timing imo was all wrong. A long breaks good because your excited to get back to it. A couple days away makes you want your long break more imo. Hopefully the loss gives everyone a shake. I think we peaked 1 game too early. Always randomly hard to score when your last game you scored a massive amount. Dont know why but its always been the same.

We move on. Win the next 2. Win the league.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Righto, I’ve cleaned the house to get the energy and anger out of my system, so I’ve essentially dusted myself off and the house. It’s time to put a line under it and move on. Got to get the energy and focus back on the league and the next game. That’s all that matters now.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Cany beat a bit of angry dusting to get over a bad result :56:

TIART, Twisty, Skelleto and 3 others like this.
  7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :56:The vacuum cleaner copped it!

honda likes this.
  8. joemc

One of the biggest things to infuriate me in the game was the way most of the commentators trying to gloss over the obvious cheating from that c#nt of a ref , i think sutton said a few words about it ,there is no chance that was remotely fair or even ,I do feel they fought really hard for that win today and got all the help needed to stop us .

scuzzy likes this.
  9. Crilly

Harsh one to take yday, but the league is still well and truly in our hands and already have a trophy. Been a great season for him n the team so far.

Skelleto likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not recruiting anyone else at left back was major blow yesterday juranovic getting injured then taylor destroyed balance of team having to squeeze ralston over to left back and putting a centre back to right back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Glad he didn't use the bizarre decisions by Madden as an excuse. I like that about this team - they don't look for excuses. Ross County next week is massive now. Win that and the title is in our sights.

Dublin Celt, Valhalla and lazyregula like this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Big man isn’t exempt from criticism. He hasn’t got much wrong in his tenure so far but some of his mistakes were fatal yesterday.

Keeping Hatate on for as long as he did allowed our midfield to be overran. McGregor the only midfielder willing to go the battle and having to take on their midfield trio single handedly. Turnbull should have been introduced much earlier and one of McCarthy/Ideguchi would have helped to shore up our midfield / add grit. Not having Bitton as an option was tough.

Appreciate it was more circumstantial than anything else but playing Maeda through the middle when clearly he is much more effective from the left was another mistake that cost us IMO. Our best player of late made redundant and allowed Tavernier to bomb up the park the full day.

Really hope the players who picked up knocks yesterday are back in time for next week. It was laid bare yesterday that our squad really is really weak in certain areas.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Artorias like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still a lot of work to do.

The squad isn't there yet in terms of personnel which showed bringing on Ralston and Welsh and having to play them out of position. I think yesterday was a wake up call for many our fans who perhaps think we are something we aren't.

We still aren't hitting the press consistently enough either, still too many occasions where the whole team isn't going. If one man isn't doing their job then you can forget it.

He is talking about this team being hungry etc so I expect to see a reaction. 5 massive games ahead which can still make this season a * fantastic one.

Hes done an insanely good job so I won't let one defeat take that away and tbh I'm over it already. But he has to learn from mistakes. Bodo and that game yesterday the two most recent, we need to take forward.

14. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    It is worth reflecting on the point made repeatedly by those who were already familiar with Ange when he came to Celtic - he needs a year to set in his ideas. It's his second season where trusting the process comes to fruition, etc...

And in many ways this season has given credence to that, especially since the turn of the year. We come into blistering-hot form beating Rangers 3-0, we come off the pace at Easter Road a couple weeks later. This yo-yo style, up and down form proves two things - that the Angeball philosophy can bear fruit and hopefully in a couple fixtures will deliver the title. The yo-yoing also proves that this is still a work in progress. Major players for us have only been here since the start of this season, if not January. There is still much work to do to optimise the squad depth, and realistically Ange will have had to learn new lessons in Scottish football. There is no doubt in my mind he is reflecting on Bobby Madden's assassination of our morale yesterday and I'm sure he can conjure up answers.

There is the question of Ange's tactical nous. We set out our stall exactly as the last time we played Rangers. Gio was always going to come to this game with some kind of answer to that midfield setup. Could Ange have pre-empted this?

You can't account for a lot of the poor decision making that our attacking players showed, it looked like the occasion got to their heads a little. In all it was a rich opportunity to learn lessons for the future. And it should be all the motivation we need to GET THIS LEAGUE WON

Couscous likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    End of the day if the league is secured it really will be an astonishing job.

Can't forget that as much as those * will lap up yesterday they thought this title would be another stroll. They could very easily still end the season trophy less.

That is testament to the job he's done, also. It's been a phenomenal turnaround and if we can get it done I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Dublin Celt and eire4 like this.
  16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Bit of a reality check yesterday. Terrible game of football to be honest, and we massively contributed to that.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    His efforts this season are a proper 9/10 job, imo. He’s done tremendously and plenty will be said about that in the coming weeks.

The slight concern/question mark I have is that his strict approach to the way he believes the game should be played will make it more difficult against decent sides who can beat our press (like Bodo) or press themselves (like Sevco). I’ve always been on that mindset though, and he’s done more to make me reconsider it than to reinforce it.

Confident he’ll find a solution, and still firmly 100% on board the Ange-train, but that step up will be the big challenge for him personally next year, imo.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Apparently Ange stayed out after the game ended just glaring at the rangers players/fans celebrating.

19. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Well he should have been back in the changing room immediately, reading his players the riot act.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If we win the league this season IMHO it will be the most remarkable title win since Wim the tim in 1998 and yesterday would be a mere footnote on the season. Work to do clearly to get over the line and it starts next weekend with a big performance and reaction at Dingwall.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Mr Shelby likes this.