1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Madden is a self-confessed Rangers fan. You wouldn’t see the likes anywhere else on this earth. Baffling. There were many many instances I could point to but the fact Lundstram left the pitch without being carded was nothing but corruption.

scuzzy, Guchi Gucci, McKagan and 4 others like this.
  2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Funnily enough, the two other recent derbies I felt were quite fairly officiated from memory. So in a way I’m glad they decided this was the one to cheat in.

craigtheceltic and Hammy89 like this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I was thinking after the game that Lundstram had two yellow cards to add to his first and then looking through the match stats I was shocked to see that if made up he had received a yellow.

He deserved three yellow cards in that match easily.

Kevin Thompson had said in commentary that McGregor bringing down one of their players was inexcusable but then tried to make excuses when Lundstram did a carbon copy. *..

Genuinely one of the worst refereeing displays I've seen in a long time.

There were over ten incidents where Madden got it wrong. He's either incompetent or a cheat.

Bassey wrapping his arms round Rogic and it's a foul for Bassey.

How can anyone think his performance was acceptable. I don't want to hear 'well you know who he supports' or 'because he's a hun'. He's supposed to be impartial and he's supposed to be held accountable. It's embarrassing for Scottish football that the refereeing is that bad for the rest of the world to see.

That's the sort of performance you'll see when var gets brought in. Nothing var can do to stop refereeing decisions like Lundstram getting away with yellow card incidents.

Noskeil, adios and borvebhoy like this.
  4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

What happened when when we took a quick Fk and he brought it back…then all of sudden he had given it to Rangers?

DonnyCelt and Hammy89 like this.
  5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He signaled a hun free kick when he blew the whistle, everyone else in the stadium thought it was a foul against us, and it was. But we had pinched the ball and he wanted to give the ball back to the huns.

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * outrageous stuff. Jota was free and heading towards goal. Couldn't believe it.

7. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    The one where kent knocked it out of play near our corner flag but was allowed to play on…until we got it and were on a promising attack and bizzarely got pulled back for a throw.

honda likes this.
  8. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Worst refereeing performance that I can remember, absolutely * shocking !!

9. Al Bootyerbaws

* was absolutely dreadful. An orange *.

Twisty, Hammy89, adios and 1 other person like this.
  10. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Walking over to help up aribo/allowing Juranovic (I think it was) to roll about the floor in agony for ages before treatment was pretty outrageous... before you even get into the cards ... aribo & lundstram should've been sent off

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Nobodies that incompetent.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Mr Hoopy

Cannot believe he was allowed to officiate that game yesterday knowing where is loyalties lie. Shambolic from the SFA - their gift to him and the Huns.

Bottom line is we were dreadful and deserved to lose the match. However it's a match we still should have won despite our pishness and the biased ref.

We are 6 clear in the league and winning that is a bigger win than the Scottish Cup all day long. Just hope Leipzig put them out too and it will be a great season. HH

Easter Rd Davie and honda like this.
  13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Bassey made enough bookable offences to get sent of two times, but he didn't get booked for any of them.

craigtheceltic and Hammy89 like this.
  14. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Tbh - and this is NOT racist - its hard to tell aribo and bassey apart at the ground - same height, Hairdo etc - both hacking *

15. Bonobhoy

I honestly dont know what it will take for someone to call this out.

Just watched the game again.....Its a * disgrace what he did yesterday.

We were bad not taking that away at all....but he wouldn't let it flow at all for us.
    Constant whistle when we attacking,the cards alone were shocking.

I dont understand why officials outside this country cannot be paid to officiate this game and take all this away from both sets of fans. Ironically they think they are hard done by as well.......So bring in refs outside and it finishes it.

Even if we had to loose the next 10 games but its an honest ref then it wouldnt bother me....as long as its a fair game.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Club don’t have the backbone to complain about the baldy *.

Even have huns at work saying that Madden was outrageous and they should of had a man sent off

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

This all day long. If we'd have lost yesterday but the ref had have had an honest game, then you can hold your hands up and tbh it probably would hurt as much as it does today.

But when your getting cheated out of something, playing badly or not, by a ref who's made it clear in the past which team he follows, then it makes it 10 times worse.

It needs calling out.

Noskeil and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Fixed

seanm likes this.
  19. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I remember about 20 years ago we were playing the original rangers at snake mountain and Andrei Kanchelskis I think it was took out Stephane Mahe inside the hun box. Absolutely wiped him out whilst getting nowhere near the ball. A clearer penalty you will never see. Kanchelskis turns to the ref, fear in his eyes, knowing what he has done and awaiting the inevitable. The ref shakes his head and play goes on. Up until yesterday that incident stuck in my mind as the biggest crime I have witnessed from a ref towards us, yet yesterday Madden gave at least 3 or 4 decisions equally as scandalous and that's not counting various other lesser but still incorrect calls. Every time Bassey went near a Celt he had them in a bear-hug(no pun intended), dragging them all over the place, yet apart from one time early on it was HIM getting the fouls. Lundstram, already on a yellow, commits a deliberate hack from behind on Calmac who has got away from him, a yellow, if not red, all day every day. Nothing. Possibly the worst of all though was in extra time when one of our guys was clearly fouled, the sevconians back away taking up defensive positions, we take it quickly only for Madden to blow. Everyone assumes it's for taking it too quickly or something but he'd actually gave the FK to THEM!!!! I actually laughed out loud it was so ludicrous and even the hun players looked mystified. I don't normally like criticizing refs after results like that because it can seem like sour grapes but he unquestionably was at it yesterday. Hopefully Karma pays them a visit soon.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    Easter Rd Davie, joemc and Mr Hoopy like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    You could actually call the ones where he knew how blatant he was any call he was cheating on he was going bright red with embarrassment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.