1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Mar 14, 2022.

Discuss Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Clear as day, Bitton and Giakoumakis would have made the difference. That added physicality is what we lacked after the goal.

robbiek likes this.
  2. Al Bootyerbaws

I was at the game and enthralled isn’t a word I would use it was pish poor. Atmosphere was good aye but we played absolute *. Gutless I would say.

villa82 likes this.
  3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We lost the midfield and couldn't really do anything to change it as none of our midfield subs were the aggressive hard-working type that we needed. We weren't helped by the ref but in hindsight we should have had Bitton as a sub (probably in place of Forrest) - he could have made a difference - that's assuming he wasn't injured. Ange could have been a bit more imaginative too - before the injuries he could have put Ralston on and moved Juranovic to DM. A bit more left field could have been putting Welsh on and moving CCV to DM - might not have worked but at least would have been trying to fix the actual problem.

4. DonnyCelt

Played * yesterday or the better team won doesn't wash with me.

We may well have played *, but fact is if the ref had have done his job, they * would've been down to 10 if not 9 by half time. His decisions decided the outcome of the game not matter if we were off it or not imo.

You can play bad and still win if the ref does his job properly. Huns could and should've finished that game yesterday with 8 men on the pitch.

That would most certainly have ended with a different outcome.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think this falls under that "alot done but still alot to do" saying

It just looked liked they wanted it more, they looked hungrier, fresher, first to the ball; winning 50/50s and more dangerous going forward.

Hard to explain a performance like that because it kinda came from nowhere, we weren't expecting it..

End of the day it's just the cup... The big prize is still 100% in our control.. The league is all that matters this season.

OziBeerMan, Sydneysider and robbiek like this.
  6. Onefootwonder

I don't remember a game with so many unacceptable tackles. They were too dirty yesterday.

Madden lost control of that game and allowed it to carry on.

7. truedub1916

Absolutely love our Japanese players but they are in danger of being too nice
    I didn’t like seeing Kyogo desperately trying to help Goldson when he went down. Even goldson was looking at him like what are you doing? Kyogo was trying to lift his leg up to help him like he had cramp then patting him on his back etc
    Absolutely lovely fellas but for 90 minutes they need to channel their inner *

It’s a shame we didn’t have bitton to come on when we went 1-0 up

8. joemc

We all took it for granted they would struggle with the game after Europe, it lead to a false sense of security regarding the outcome, especially as it headed for extra time .
    The real reason we failed in this game is,they stopped us in midfield, by "any means" and we got sucked into thier game style and didn't play our natural game ,we didn't pass the ball as much , we went long many times ,they pressed us a lot more aggressively, we didn't match their fight and lost all the 50 50s ,meaning they won all the battles where it counted , ended up fine margins though ,ccv scores its over , we allowed them to draw strength from that moment instead of using it to lift us to greater heights.

9. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Perfectly put...they need to learn this quickly.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yep absolutely mate.. something I noticed yesterday too.. I know its in their culture but most of us wouldn't * on a hun if they were on fire.. they need to learn this side of life in Glasgow

11. ddub11

Hope that puts to bed this myth about midweek extra time leaving teams knackered,its bollocks.

Anyway we were * and got what we deserved (nothing).Again our corners are a * disgrace a complete waste of a good opportunity to test their defence/keper and we dont use it.

As for this passing the ball round the back,ye do it when its safe but we do it to often and it usually ends up with a hurried kick up the pitch from one of our guys in a panic,again a waste of possession.

As mentioned before Kyogo needs to cop on,stop this smiley nice guy stuff,we need focused aggression against this lot not pats on the back and giving players a hand up.

Yesterday we were beaten by a team who wanted it more and were up for the battle more and thats unacceptable.On paper we have better squad and should be beating them but we didnt and the players and management need to take a look at themselves.

Johniebhoy. likes this.
  12. murphy88

For us not to look the fitter team is inexcusable. When Maeda plays up top himself, he presses the game brilliantly, but he isn’t getting backed up. This has been evident a few times. We should have been hounding them from the first minute yesterday, but we made it easy for them to play out. Our midfield was completely non existent. Rogic and Hatate couldn’t get into the game at all. Then when we tried to play out, they pressed us and we weren’t good enough to play through them. Then when we were forced to go long, we had nobody to hit and we just gave them the ball back.

We created virtually nothing in the game either. The only part of the game where we dominated was the first half of extra time. The huns did look tired at that point, but the goal just gave them a second wind.

It was a shocking performance from start to finish. Our players just didn’t turn up. Jota has now faced Bassey and Tavernier in the space of a few weeks and I don’t think he has went past either of them. He was woeful yesterday.

This needs to act as a wake up call for us though. We have been sensational domestically out with yesterday. We need to go and finish the job off in the league now. Which is far more important than yesterday.

13. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Any news on the players that went off injured? Taylor, Juranovic and Abada. Last thing we need going into a key run of games to win the league is having no full backs.

Bonus is we have big Jacky back next weekend but we really need a good healthy squad to get us over the line.

Hopefully this game serves as a reminder that they may be playing away in Germany before playing us again on the 1st May but that does not mean they will be ‘tired’ or leggy. Let’s cut out this nonsense that we are going to pump them because of the extra games they are playing, it’s actually galvanising them and giving them more energy.

Focus on our own game and go get the three wins that wins us the league.

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointed but not devastated after yesterday. The fact remains that we've got one trophy in the bag and are in a great position to take the League title back - and if you'd offered me that at the start of the season I'd have bitten your hand off. Yesterday felt a wee bit like the Bodo/Glimt tie. A decent side got their tactics right against us and we struggled to come up with an answer. We've come a long way in a short space of time, but these games show we've got a long way to go as well.

Felt bringing on Ralston and Welsh and being forced to play both out of position (I don't recall ever seeing Ralston at LB or Welsh at RB for us before?) highlighted that there are still a few areas that need strengthening. They both looked a bit awkward and it weakened us at a key point in the game.

We didn't really play out from the back, and I felt we continually made rushed, rash decisions in the final third. There were a number of incidents where we looked to play the ball too early and it resulted in an overhit pass, a wild shot from distance or a wayward cross. Our pace on the break worries teams, but we needed a little extra composure yesterday at times.

Madden turned in the kind of refereeing performance to make you paranoid :56:. Lundstram got away with a good few bookable offences, Aribo could arguably have gone for the foul on Juranovic, and Bassey could also have been booked for a number of fouls on Rogic. He's not the reason we lost the game, but on another day these decisions could go another way and it's a different game.

Having said all that, if big CCV takes his chance it's hard to see them coming back from 2-0 down. Not at our best, and lost a game of fine margins in extra time. The bigger picture is pretty rosy.

15. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Most important trophy is the league full stop,if anyone said at start of season we would be in this position you would have have thought they were space cadets,match was lost yesterday from the back/midfield in my opinion, back 4 kept passing the ball across the back and resulted in them getting hemmed in and clearing the ball away and a Hun player picking it up,midfield support going back to recieve a pass was non existant, also they were popping balls over midfield inbetween them and back 4 a sitter like Biton would have helped and big Jackie up front was deffo a miss holding the ball up for runners,hopefully lessons learnt,crack on and give us the title and watch them explode:ynwacelti

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Couldn't agree more and actually perked me up a bit.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Genuinely think we'll win at home by two or three. You say they won't get leggy but yesterday would've taken it's toll mentally. I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle against Motherwell now.

I didn't expect two win the last two derbies. Always felt like we'd lose one.

I'm sure we'll be in their faces with a full Celtic Park.

18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    A lot has been made about them having better stamina as well, but that's mostly down to the ref as well.

Being bear hugged by a * is absolutely draining, there's a reason why MMA fights are only 15mins long.

Allowing those * to basically wrestle our players absolutely knackered them. It's the only way they could compete with us, and it had to be with the co-operation of the referee.

Several times when one of our players took the ball into feet and tried to turn, Bassey grabbed them with both arms from behind and bear hugged him to stop him playing.

I think the entire Celtic support looked on with disbelief as each time we all had to stop and watch a player basically cheating for a few seconds while the referee looked on, allowing it.

All those bear hugs add up as well as all the shoves and kicks, so it's no wonder our players were dying on their * by the end of it.

We really need the club to call it out. Referees are * scared of the huns because of the pressure they put them under for correctly sending their players off. We need to point out this blatant cheating or it'll be done again.

19. john2061

Totally agree the zombie players were allowed to kick lumps out of our players with no repercussions for it and totally raging at maddens performance and the board should have the balls to say something about it .
    Very similar to the Alloa game were the official turned a blind eye to the tackling on our players that day also and when your allowed to tackle like that knowing you won't get a card is a big advantage and at least two zombie players should have seen red with consistent fouling if we had a neutral referee .

bobs1974 likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

The performance of the ref was without doubt below par even for standard in Scotland.

However from start to finish we never showed up or showed any signs that we should have been the team best prepared.

Complain about the ref all you want, its a legitimate gripe but our players didn't show up and that was unacceptable.