1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Mar 14, 2022.

Discuss Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Maeda has an engine but is sometimes like a headless chicken at times , I think he's good but his final ball and finishing leave alot to be desired.

Sonic Reducer and FairDinkumMate like this.
  2. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    It's done. Let's all move on to the most important thing the league. Get it finished they will be sick as * . Hail hail

3. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Just woke up from s steemin nap.

Would have bit yer * off for a treble at the start of the season but * it.

This is a rebuild.

Double is still a great achievement.

Reinforcements in the summer and we Bury these * next year.

GreenLeanMean, Hammy89 and Slater67 like this.
  4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Up the mother *, titty sucking hun scalping IRA provisional and life giving volunteers, countdown playing, dragon slaying, auld tart laying, guitar strumming, baw humming rebels.

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. FairDinkumMate

Thought Bitten out was a factor. Had to be injured or covid, no way you would pick some others ahead of him on the bench. Would have come on straight after first goal maybe but maybe even earlier. Played McGregor more forward replacing Hatate especially also as he was on a yellow.

GG was a big loss as well especially as Kyogo looked very rusty. Ref was ridiculously biased as has been some of the match reporting afterwards. As an outsider it’s quite eye opening

6. Al Bootyerbaws

The hun team of absolute losers wanted that game more. We shat the bed. Aw the wee daft 50/50's that baldy masonic * gave them but we should be handing them there *. Pish.

7. wulliebad

They played like it mattered and fought for every ball and every tackle. We played like we done 120 midweek and lost. Maybe despite all the talk the team thought just turn up we got this. What ever it was they better clear their heads and get some fingers out. But games like these is also showing the manager that some of the team should not be first choice next season and signings are needed because we are not as good as we think we are.

8. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe show’s we are not the finished article and still a work in progress tbh.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  9. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    You must be the dugs nuts if you're still receiving oral after 10 years of incarceration .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  10. JABA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Disappointing performance and result. My 2 cents worth...
    • For me this was just about the worst performance since Ange arrived. Maybe one of the Bodo games would rival it. It's hard to explain why. The context of this match should have favoured us. It seems like they wanted to stop us from the treble more than we wanted to win it. Having said all that though we still could have nicked it. The CCV strike that hit the bar would have ended it.
    • They seemed buoyed and energised by their European win and realised this was their last chance to win any domestic trophy. The hunger showed.
    • We seem to have too many players that are either very hot or very average. When they are on they are fantastic when they are off they would struggle to make a park team (almost). I think we have too many like that - Rogic, Abada, Taylor, Hatate and even Maeda. I think O'Riley starts from here on with McGregor in an attacking role and Bitton or Ideguchi even, in the defensive mid role. Hatate and Rogic rotate in the attacking mid roles
    • We missed GG up front and Bitton in the defensive mid role
    • We seemed to be out muscled by bigger more physical players. We need a defensive midfielder in the Scott Browne style
    • They pushed the limits on physicality and fouls all the way and got away with it. Aribo looked like he should have been at Murrayfield playing rugby. He manhandled Rogic the whole first half and could have had 4 yellow cards. Lundstram was thuggish.(BBC gives him MoM!)
    • Refereeing was diabolical.
    • It highlights that we are not near to being the finished article, so more summer signings are going to be critical
    • I think Jota is on his way out sadly. Does not seem to have his head in the right place.
    One consolation...this will be a wakeup call for the run in. A treble might have led us to think we were nearly there. We are not. We will get badly smacked in Europe next year if we play that poorly.

Take our lessons and move on. Cheer on Hearts in final.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yep, many of our players were physically hurt out there and endured knocks, apart from the ankle stamping, bad tackles and head knocks. It was brutal out there and Madden allowed it to continue and his bias for Rangers was clear. Football teams are there to play football and not to be brutalised. It is not Madden's domain out there to do as he wishes, he has a specific job to do, according to rule book. In any walk of life, you get sacked if you repeatedly do not do your job properly.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I agree with every thing you say. The blatant grabbing of players to not let them play was allowed by Madden unashamedly.

I also feel that we and the players had a feeling that merely by Kyogo setting foot on the pitch, that we would win this game. This way of thinking has to stop. Every player has a responsibility to play to their best on the day. No one takes a free ride.

I am sure that the power of the occasion in the Hamden stands would have left our new players in awe and effected their game.

villa82 likes this.
  13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Possibly Rangers had light training and rest and tactics talk after the Braga game to recuperate. We would have had the full training schedule as usual. We looked weary out there yesterday. Can't believe how wasteful Jota was on the day. Too many touches on the ball, bad shooting decisions and each time he swings on to his right foot at LW he slows down the forward momentum.

joemc and Bernie Bhoy like this.
  14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

Sometimes it pays to keep the squad away from the ball leading up to and before a big game. Makes them hungrier to play. Also lay off the intensive training in the last 3 days.

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  15. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His first touch is appalling too. I lost count of the times he also waited for the ball to come to him before he reacted.

I think today was a big wake up call for our new guys. When the chips are down you get no protection and you need to get stuck in.

He has all the energy in the world, but then again so did Forrest Gump!

jj81 likes this.
  16. MAP

Only just watched the game, and had a scan of the above posts.

It felt very BodoGimp to me, insofar as I felt they played out of the back from a deep position, stretching us in the midfield and playing to their athleticism (I always see them as a (on average) bigger and faster team.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I was on the edge of my seat watching this game. Enthralled. It was not a good game of football but it was good semi final stuff. Exciting and frustrating at the same time. It must have been electric being in that stadium. It was tense for the whole game. Calmac doing that 360 in that tackle and getting back on his feet was acrobatic stuff. The foot and ankle stomping was gruesome to watch. Our boys could have been seriously hurt. Those * were not even going for the ball foot but smashing into the standing foot.

Would have been a great game if the Rangers players played the ball and not the man. This shows they were scared of us.

Looking forward to * them up at home.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate good points, a kept saying Scottish cup would be a bonus, league was the main priority, but actually forgot how much it hurts me losing to those mutant zombie cuntz, a know last season it happened quite a bit but after the first game it kinda was par for the course, clusterfuk shambles of a season which even if we did win would have meant * all anyway, don’t mind admitting, gave my season ticket to my daughter and her friend and cousin 2 home games, a know people say should get behind your team especially when they are * but I just didn’t want to watch it anymore last season, and people calling people panty wetters who still don’t think the league is over, hands up I’m one of them, my motto in life with burds, family celtic is prepare yourself for the worst outcome which usually and hopefully doesn’t happen, we are playing 5 teams who we are more than capable of beating, but on a bad day we are capable of losing aswell, let’s not kid ourselves

could be one of the best league winning season s ever but could also be one of the most worst season s ever if we lose it, just me guys I’m sorry I just never take anything for granted in life

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't think anyone here views us as the finished article.

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think they got their tactics spot on, which is embarrassing considering they had 48hrs to do so. They didn't give any breathing room to Rogic, although sometimes with the help of the referee.

Starting Maeda through the middle is never going to bring us a real threat when we come up against decent opposition. He would've pinned Tavernier back if starting on the left.

The other derbies we have nullified their wingbacks but yesterday we allowed them time and space on the ball. How was this not addressed in the week we had to prepare?

All those new recruits are bang on for me. Even if we sign CCV, which I have everything crossed for, we still need another defender. We can't rely on Jullien. He's either not fully fit/still carrying his injury or not trusted. Welsh is so far behind now that he's not even worth talking about. We are one injury away to CCV or Starfelt to cause real unrest and we've been incredibly lucky that nothing has happened to either this season.

McChiellini.. likes this.