1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns 1 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Mar 19, 2022.

Discuss Huns 1 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Think the board should make a statement on Monday and declare that the zombie support won't be given tickets after the incidents in today's game and our players safety is paramount.
    For some scumbag to throw broken glass on to the park was disgusting and our players couldn't take a corner for objects and coins raining down on them as we saw with Jota trying to take a corner .

2. Foley1888

On the game it’s the type of win I have to admit I wasn’t sure this team had in them only a month or so ago.

Our performance today was reminiscent of the home defeat to Bodo just with the shoe on the other foot. We weren’t as clinical as they were to us but played in a similar way, made our possession count and looked dangerous every time we came forward. Another day we could have racked up a big scoreline first half had Rogic squared to Giakoumakis instead of blazing wide and either Maeda or Rogic just finished that one that McGregor nipped off Maeda’s toes, then the Maeda one where McGregor caught him, as well as the two goals.

They had a lot of the ball but struggled to create much until it was really just throwing loads of bodies forward.

We were a shambles that first five minutes but got ourselves back in it quickly. Not at our best but solid and difficult to breakdown.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Lewis Kerr likes this.
  3. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    The taste of hun's tears is sweeter than wine.

4. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  5. Bhoys_are_back_in_town

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land
    Loving all the hun tears today, every hun I know has been on the receiving end of an absolute slagging and not one has replied yet

stew37 likes this.
  6. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  7. stew37

8. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Rewatching the match Joe Hart laying down on a couple of shots, are they shots on goal cause I can only remember him making 1 save hole game, were as we were through on goal a couple of times, doesn't really matter huns were pumped

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Obviously like all of us delighted with the result but I thought the performance was really top drawer as well although not so much in the way we have become accustomed to under Ange. I really feared the worst after what really could hardly have been a worse start. Not just giving up the goal but we were all over the shop in that first 5 minutes. McGregors tackle and run to set up the equalizer was immense and that was so crucial in not just getting us level but settling us down in the game and I thought we were full value for the lead at half time after that first 5 minutes. The second half we defended our box brilliantly. It really was amazing how little they created with so much territory and possession in the second half. In fact we had by far the best chances in the second half and could easily have scored another couple of goals. The work rate of the team as a group in that second half in particular was remarkable. Another real statement from the team with how hard they worked and fought for each other today as well as still creating a lot of clear cut chances while not at our best with the ball.

charlietully and G_portillo like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Said this a couple of times now but.....did no one seriously see aribo punch the ball in the first half..twice. in front of the ref then go out for a throw?

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. fanakatic

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the lonesome boatman
    Hopefully snoop dog keeps to his word and holds a party at paradise when we win the title

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I was thinking about this earlier aswell mate... that would be * quality :57:

13. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

What’s this?

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My take on today..

I thought we started very ropey, struggled to string passes together in the opening 10 minutes or so and we looked shakey when trying to play the ball out from the back.
    After that i thought our midfield was a lot more effective than theirs, without really playing anywhere near our best and they struggled to deal with the speed and mobility of our attack. Jota and Maeda were crucial to that. Even cal mac showed a great burst of pace carrying the ball past two men for the goal.

I think they struggled to deal with the runs of our wide men and that they didnt have the pace to play as high as a defensive line as they played. Especially down the channels.

Starfeldt and CCV were immense in dealing with crosses. They deserve huge credit today. Threw themselves at everything that came their way.
    Rogic came into his own as the first half wore on. I felt his substitution was premature, would have given him another ten minutes or so. His goal killed the atmosphere.

I thought at half time that we could come out and take three or four off them. On another day we could have. Maeda had golden chances and so did Abada.

Last 15 minutes was mostly all them but we looked like hitting them on the break, as what almost happened. Our defence was immense in the end.

We really put in a massive shift off the ball at both ends of the pitch. The pace we can turn defence into attack is frightening

15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Ain't nuffin like a G thang Angie

16. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Apart from the being confident going into the game part I totally agree. It's not that I expect to lose against them, I'm just always too nervous to think straight.

Imo the biggest point you make there is they totally underestimated us.
    They're a strange breed, they're always so ultra confident when they play us. They always expect to win. Remember the clip of them celebrating when they drew us in the cup semi a few years back.
    Their over confidence can be our biggest weapon.

JML67 likes this.
  17. PaddyJamieson

What a day man. The character to come back after that start, incredible. We should have scored more. Back in their * place. Let's win the league officially against these * at Parkhead.

Pogues likes this.
  18. Pogues

Thats how to win titles. Backs to the wall second half, but the resilience and will to win was there for all to see. Great result.

19. stew37

Enjoy your night lads and lassies. Up the Provos, if you're into that stuff.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member