1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy53

Ginger baws spouting his usual nonsensical claptrap.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon was blown away by his old club's performance in February's derby.

But he reckons he would rather be the chaser at this stage of the title race than the league leader as Rangers look to make up for a three-point gap at Ibrox on Sunday.

As a player and manager in Glasgow's east end, Lennon has been involved in many a title race and many a derby match.

But he didn't see the 3-0 battering coming two months ago when Reo Hatate's double was followed up by a Liel Abada strike to flip the order between the top two.

It hasn't changed since with Celtic extending the lead to three points and that means Ange Postecoglou can really pull away with a victory in Govan.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Lennon said: "I think they had a good January and I really like the way Ange comes across with the media, he's pretty straight.

"I really like the way his team plays and they way they handled the last Old Firm game was fantastic, I don't think anybody saw that performance coming.

"For Gio (van Bronckhorst), he probably got the approach wrong and both teams will be set on a huge encounter now."

Surprisingly, Lennon reckons he'd rather be in the position Rangers are in as the chaser heading towards the crucial post-split fixtures.

He added: "For the first time in a long time we have a bona fide title race and this game will be pivotal.

If Celtic win, six points, seven or eight games to go, it puts them in a really strong position but you wouldn't say at that stage it's completely over.

"It can work psychologically both ways, I always think if you're in front everyone wants to chase you so you're always looking over your shoulder.

"When you're chasing there's a little less pressure and a little more excitement in chasing down the opposition

For me, going into games, I always preferred to be chasing rather than being in front.

"Listen, if you have a 10-point lead, it's great. But when it's really tight, I feel think if you're just a little bit behind you're in a better position."

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The guy's a loser..

honda likes this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I thought he was maybe talking about over-all, which included them still being in Europe, but it looks like he's referring to the league position only?

Aye Neil, I'd rather be 3 points behind going into a must win game that'll make or break our season instead of being top no matter the result on Sunday.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And still to go away to the team top of the league and having the harder away fixtures.

He’s a * idiot. * will still be trying to defend him on here saying he’s just saying this to put pressure on the Huns or some * :giggle1:

HTG and The Phoenix like this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He'd rather be in their position as hes an absolute bottle merchant

aliceinsound, Rydo1888* and Valhalla like this.
  7. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Did he say they rather than us?

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I swear this thread gets bumped more than Ange’s does man.

9. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Thick as *

He was involved in two title races as a player. 2003 and 2005. Lost both

Involved in one as a manager in 2011. Lost

Aye his logic makes sense

10. murphy88

Total loser mentality to want to want to be chasing rather than be in front being chased. Probably comes from bottling a league title when being ahead mind you like we did under him. Regardless, I’d rather be top at any point during the season rather than chasing.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  11. murphy88

Shows you how much * he spouts.

Raoul Duke and AdamRS like this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Also true, but it’s not just when he does that. He needs to shut the * up, that’s beyond any doubt. But the times he doesn’t, it still happens.

13. murphy88

The only time I see the thread get bumped is when he has said something in the papers. Or when he got the new job. Don’t pay much attention to the thread though to be fair.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s always one of the top ones when you hit new posts, I loved him, he’s managed to make me lose all respect for him not because of last year because of him after that. But it’s always there regardless, time to let it go.

but aye he needs to as well.

Doogs. likes this.
  15. leeso-ardoyne

I understand where he's coming from and the perspective he's saying. Sometimes your that bit more hungry when coming from behind but TBH, any * with any sense would want to be in front with the points on the board.

16. Pogues

Lot of folk trying to get annoyed over fck all.

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If he keeps talking about us, it’s going to get a response.

You don’t need to come anywhere near this thread. No one is forcing you.

You seem to take it very personally any time anyone has a go at someone who is quite obviously an absolute * who doesn’t give two * about Celtic.

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I absolutely don’t understand where he’s coming from. I don’t understand most of the * that comes out of his mouth.

I’d much rather be going in to tomorrow 3 points ahead, rather than 3 points behind and desperately needing a victory.

I can’t believe I’ve had to type that sentence.

Much like I can’t believe how we actually employed this clown in a managerial capacity.

19. Pogues

Why would I not come anywhere near this thread, because I disagree with you? Ridiculous comment.

Take it personally, ffs, it's a forum mate. We all have different opinions on many things and I'm pretty sure few folk take things personally. I completely disagree that lennon is an absolute * and really can't understand the depth of hostility against him.

Read what he is quoted as saying. * all to get annoyed about.

20. JamesM09

In terms of being annoyed it’s not so much the comments it’s the fact he’s doing interviews with talksport (notorious for being * to us) and talking about us at all.

The comments themselves are stupid as * though and make him sound like a loser. It’s not a million miles away from that tavernier saying he was spooked by crowds when he’s expected to win.