1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Colin Robinson, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic to face Class Action over Boy's Club abuse in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The same soft western standards that allow you to sit and abuse people online without consequence.

Happily send you to the other side of the planet if you’d rather.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  2. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    You are another pedo simpathiser hey? Eat * idiot! I'll meet you there.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There’s no actual example of capital punishment being effective and you’d need to first of all trust the police and courts to be 100% competent, with 0 doubts about them having bad judgement.

Fontaine likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Australia looks no bad tbf.

Disclaimer here, 100% agree with the point of your post, any opinion like the one quoted is * stupid

HoopyT, MacEwan and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. Kayazziguire

It's pretty simple for me. Establish how much we maintained that relationship and benefited from it and how many victims were harmed in the process. Compare it to existing cases, pay the victims whatever damages are deemed fair and DONT move on from it. Apologize unreservedly for the abuse, for how long it's taken to resolve the case and put loud in the public domain a plan of action to contribute to charities and liaise with with victims to discuss what else out with compensation Celtic as a club can do to begin to rectify any historic wrongs. It needs to be comprehensive and honest.

Any attempt to "to move on from it" will just come across as us burying it. We need to approach any liability the club has with the exact same fervor we approach any other injustice. We do so much good with our banners and causes, this needs to be right up there once the dust settles with the case.

Paul Kennedy likes this.
  6. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Considering there is no cure for monsters like that, eradication or castration gets the result. Have that person live next to you, especially if you have a young family.

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This is absolute ambulance chasing at its core.
    Victims have been promised massive payouts, and are following the lead of the lawyers, who have now resorted to placing advertisements in newspapers to add to their client list, and through strength in numbers, force a settlement, which they assume will receive a tidy chunk of.

The club is handling it according to the advice it us recieving. Any responsible company or organisation would do the same.

Unfortunately, there'll be no winners in this. None.

This will go on and on, with both sides appealing verdicts, and the victims becoming more and more frustrated.

Paul Kennedy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. jambo_cfc

As ive said before the real victims deserve to hve an end to all of this and have justice served , but i do worry that a lot of players from the boys clubs days will come forward and say they were a victim when they really were not . Hard to prove or unprove peoples statements and i think this will have an impact on genuine cases

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Haven't we, as a club, not already been at the forefront of doing things to help protect children and vulnerable people for years now?

I'm going purely on memory here, but I'm sure the club was the first one to introduce protective measurements and various industry standard checks etc.
    I'm also pretty sure we work closely with various foundations and charities that work within this area.

Because we don't shout about it like a badge of honour, doesn't mean we aren't already doing a lot of these things people are demanding the club to do.

The main thing seems to be the financial compensation that folk want justified (not remotely debating that aspect), but most of everything else that folk want the club to do, we already do.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Grow up ffs.

JC Anton likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A sympathiser?

I don’t think I even mentioned them.

I don’t have an issue for stronger punishments for child molesters, I’ve got a problem with you complaining about the West when you’ve got the freedom here to act how you want on the internet (like a *) and you probably live a pretty comfortable life.

HoopyT, ladbroke8 and Creativecelt like this.
  12. Kayazziguire

We have yes, but whatever the outcome of this case we can't just respond "Yeah well, we've already been contributing to charities so...". This is going to be the biggest case/scandal since it all first arose and there needs to be a transparent and honest show of regret, regardless of the outcome - much bigger than anything we've seen before.

It would be especially sincere if something also came from the fans. If we flew banners for those affected etc. Of course the fans shouldn't apologize, just show support.

Also you cant say "well our club was the first to introduce checks", after being however loosely at fault and acting reactively.

I just cant see any other way for us to move through this with some dignity.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  13. ladbroke8

Mandela effect

14. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    You seem to disagree with what I have expressed my fellow man, although, you come across as a * that you are.

15. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Only one week moron mod?

16. jj81

Nice bump when the huns are 1 down

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Back from a ban and right I to another one for slagging mods. See ya.

James Mc, Drakhan, joemc and 2 others like this.
  18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can the mods please close this thread just for now until at least result of lawsuit is in then it can be reopened. Too much agro on here.

19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Club seeking to settle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66853131

Good. Anyone subject to any form of sexual abuse at Celtic, whether the boys club was legally affiliated with us or not, deserves compensated. It won’t undo what was done but I hope it gives them some relief.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's the correct course of action..

We've obviously followed legal advice and will probably pay damages without admitting responsibility..

For me though, we handled it poorly but hopefully this will help bring some closure to the victims.