1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

gas and leech bills going through the roof

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by FATLAZYBHOY, Mar 8, 2022.

Discuss gas and leech bills going through the roof in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mate I was on universal credit when the extra 80 quid was still in effect. They then whipped that away just in time for the cost of living to sky rocket. Luckily I found a job. Most people immediately ended up 80 quid worse off just in time for everything to go up in price.

I couldn’t survive on the upper rate of UC never mind 80 quid less and everything sky rocketing in price.

I’m barely getting by on a wage never mind dole money.

Depressing.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Have we seen the justification of why the energy prices are increasing whilst energy companies make billions in profits?

Nah? Just meant to bend over and accept a dry humping same as usual? Sound…

The_Bhoy and scuzzy like this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Gas/oil is one thing with what’s going on in Ukraine just now. Electricity is just taking the * though.

If this doesn’t slap governments into the benefits of renewable energy nothing will.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  6. StevieBhoooy!

Why do they increase standing charges as well?

So that even if you cut right back and use next to nothing… they still get to throttle cash out of you for not using gas or power.

scuzzy likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Everything has went through the roof price wise. I’ve always been a cheap arsed * and used Farmfoods. Nearly everything that I bought for a quid has went up to £1.25.

25% hike. Funnily enough my wages didn’t do the same.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Tariff’s were increasing long before Russia done a Leroy Jenkins.

elbhoydo and Sean Daleer like this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah I wasn’t disputing that. More that there’s an excuse for gas prices going through the roof.

This was forecast long before the Ukraine invasion though.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

On that broadband point. If your with virgin and out of contract phone them. Tell them it's too expensive and your thinking of leaving. They will offer a better price. Say no. Cancel it. You get transfered to cancellations after the guy explains about sending the equipment back. The cancellation guy then gives you the good offer. I went from £61 to first offer of £48 and finally £30. You can actually still say no at that point and cancel. They will phone you within 3 days and give you the final really good offer. I never risked that part incase they never :56: I was a we shitebag.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

MickeyyMack and paulo123 like this.
  12. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    @honda is correct I was paying in excess of £60 a month for years as a loyal customer 20+ years and they did nothing to help me while new customers were getting practically the exact same deal 200+ broadband & phone line no TV for £32 a month.
    I phoned them and asked for some loyalty to which i was told sure we'll give you £15 a month off to which I said no chance, come take the lot away. They put me through to cancellations and they tried again to which I said no thanks, this was on the Friday, Monday came and they called me saying how would I like the same deal for 18 months for £31.99 a month so I took it.

Tell them your gonna leave and you want everything disconnected it works I'm proof of that.

MickeyyMack, honda and The_Bhoy like this.
  13. leeso-ardoyne

The price of fuel has tipped these over the edge.

There's also massive road projects here going to ground to a halt in the next few weeks if this continues. I know men pulling out of the major projects because they can't keep with the price rises. Farmers thst spent 8k on fuel last year, this year it'll be 26 and climbing! My van used to hover between 80-100 to fill it. Now it's 160! A few quarries I get my stone off was telling me the other day about the amount he's spending on the rise in fuel which shocked me. 150k more he's spending on all his machines, lorrries, large concrete mixers on site. There's definitely a big bang coming soon! Very difficult times ahead for everyone and I suspect it's going to happen sooner than what we think.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AgVEAE&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw1ng4_zt0u-ojELkcOrsSRS

Construction giant Roadbridge, announced Friday it is to go into receivership, leaving the future of its 630 workforce and a further 1,000 indirect positions in jeopardy.

The Limerick-headquartered civil engineering an construction firm, which traded for over half a century, had been struggling to find an investor to rescue it after suffering serious financial difficulties, coupled with rising energy and building material costs.

“It is with regret that, as result of insurmountable financial challenges, the Board of Roadbridge Holdings Ltd announces that it has requested Bank of Ireland to appoint receivers (Grant Thornton) to the company,” read a statement released by Roadbridge.

Founded in 1967, it directly employs 630 workers across Ireland, the UK and Sweden. A further 1,000 indirect jobs will be negatively impacted, sources said.

Aidan Murphy, chairman of Roadbridge, said: “We have been working tirelessly for the last number of months to find a solution to the grave challenges faced by the company.

My fellow directors and I greatly regret having to take this step, but unfortunately, it was the only possible option at this time.”

“The board recognise the support of all our stakeholders, including our bank, Bank of Ireland, in difficult circumstances as the directors explored every opportunity to save the company.

“We are committed to working closely with the receivers now in order to get the best possible outcome for employees, creditors and stakeholders,” Mr Murphy added.

'Major blow'
    Roadbridge staff were pulled off a number of projects and informed of the news, including those working on the €58 million Coonagh Knockalisheen road.

The project is a key element of the Limerick regeneration of Moyross to help facilitate the future commercial residential and recreational development of the disadvantaged Limerick city north side estate.

“It’s a major blow, shocking news, and it’s very worrying time for all the workers and their families,” said Limerick Fine Gael TD Kieran O’Donnell.

“This is their livelihood, and they should be the priority for the receivers and the Government.”

The Limerick politician said he discussed the bleak outlook for the “630 direct workers and the further 1,000 indirect jobs” with the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise Trade and Employment, Leo Varadkar.

14. leeso-ardoyne

What's farm foods

15. leeso-ardoyne

What's universe credit?

16. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Everyone forgets about us pensioners ,,,, we get * all help ,,, put an extra blanket on ,,,, dont get up till daylight,,,, eat salads saves on cooking ,,read a book in the library till it closes ,,,,join a leisure centre you can join for £15 a month,,,shower in them and saunas ,,,,, sit in your nearest Tory office and have a long conversation about *,,,

johnboy19 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

From 85 bangers a month about 2 years ago to 240 a month now....I don't even have gas!

18. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    A nice big cardie and a bowl of porridge, that’ll get you through the bad weather.

19. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I got Virgin down to £24 a month ,, my phone to £17 unlimited thats with three
    Have you seen the price of porridge,, never mind the price of electricity

scuzzy, honda and FATLAZYBHOY like this.
  20. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ya jammy * ,,, i am always farting ,,,it can be embarrassing

johnboy19, Twisty and Garrymac1888 like this.