1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What Will Happen To Putin??

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Mar 6, 2022.

Discuss What Will Happen To Putin?? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well What Will Happen To Him?????

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It’s open to most of these suggestions but I think he has a circle that protect him fairly well. I think he will carry on severely weakened unless one of his closest and trusted sets him up. Always happens in most situations, not just politics but it is worse there.

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Hopefully the first option

4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

There'll be some sort of truce and agreement to avoid a larger conflict.I know feelings are high but this whole anti Russian thing that's going on is getting quite ugly.Remember during WW2 Italian shops were trashed in Britain,and in the US the Japanese were rounded up and sent to prison camps.

The fact that people are cheering Paralympian's being excluded from the games and even food not being sent to Russia etc is genuinely worrying to me.

The Phoenix and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shellsuit Bob will plug him

6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    He’ll be welcomed into Britain with open arms and after a wee contribution to Tory party coffers, a little spot on the queen’s honours list.

If you have enough money to grease the wheels all can be forgiven.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  7. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    You've left out the most likely conclusion.

That this ends in a tri-lateral peace agreement between Russia, NATO and Ukraine. Whereby Russian withdraws its troops but guarantees Ukraine will remain militarily neutral for the next 20 or 30+ years.

Thereby avoiding global war, ensuring the safety of Ukraine, and Russia saves faces as they force NATO to retreat. This is the most likely conclusion in my opinion.

Putin will most likely be leader of Russia until 2036.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye but whens Ramsey gonna play?

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I think the likelihood is putin will remain in power in Russia - this will be bad for the average Russian as he will only stay on by tightening his grip further - long term this may see more problems arise but we can only deal with the here and now.
    I'm afraid there is no chance, would love to be wrong on that, this wee * is ever going to be personally appearing at the Hague but we can hope he is tried in his absence at least (Ukraine/MH17 etc).
    The best option/hope is for those around him to realise they can make things better for themselves/Russia by retiring him but that's a long shot. (no pun intended as they could use polonium, the irony would be superb).
    The one thing that cant be allowed is for the precedent to be set that a * of leader can dictate who is and who isn't allowed to join NATO/EU or any other organisation another country chooses to join.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I haven't seen any overtly anti Russian sentiment towards Individuals, putin/Lavrov/oligarchs aside and that's mainly down to some folk being unable to articulate the dislike they have for these individuals personally without saying "Russian *". I'm not saying some arseholes won't go into full xenophobic mode on all of Russia but that's when decent folk say something, in the same way decent folk have been speaking out about putins actions for years now without being xenophobes.
    As for the banning of sports/sanctions thats not endorsing/celebrating them on an individual basis for the sake of being spiteful towards individuals, that is supporting them on a country wide basis and is absolutely the correct thing to do.

11. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    My brothers wife is Russian, she moved to Australia about 10 years ago. Her family and friends back in Russia believe we are all brainwashed and that Putin is the greatest leader in the world. They are truly * brain washed over there. Very very sad.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I'm still waiting to see what happens to Bush and Blair who've walked away with a the blood of more than a million Iraqi civilians on their hands.

Not a defence for Putin

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Good point.

Been made a special Middle East Peace Envoy should probably be added to the poll in the interests of fairness.

KRS-1888, The Phoenix, stew37 and 2 others like this.
  14. leeso-ardoyne

I don't know whatll happen to him but I wish to * he would sort this * out soon. I've 2 goats on back order and have the bread machine back out of the cupboard looking to start running it on solar power after getting my last lecy bill. * distracted I am. Can't even turn the news on without phoning up my physciatist ffs for half oz of that prozac. Running low on them magic tabs to get me through a * life and the last thing I need is a * world war! Only getting myself together after thon virus ffs.

15. leeso-ardoyne

All jokes aside. It all depends on what propogonda you watch. As for Putin, I don't believe he's half as bad as he's made out to be. Just look at what the western media has us all thinking how good bush, Clinton and Blair are. All 3 are * scum of the earth and have killed more people and destroyed more lives than them 3 *! But the media have us believing Putin is a baddin. The western media if they wanted could have us believing jimmy savelle was mother Theresa and vice versa. That's why I never buy into all the * they put out.

Putin kept getting poked and this is his reaction imo. Do I agree with him going in and invading the Ukraine and killing innocent people (if that's what is happening). No I don't. War is never good but you keep poking a bees hive, your going to get stung! Leave him to look after Russian affairs, stop bringing nato to his borders and breaking deals thst where made with Russia and they won't stand up to yous. That's my opinion of it anyway.

What do I think will happen. It's anyone's guess. It's war games going on at the min and all it takes is one bad move from each side and it could be the ending of him or make him more popular. Wealthy men sitting round tables playing wealthy games with all our lives. That's it in a nutshell.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  16. Mr Cleansheets

I might've agreed a few weeks ago but how can the West accept him staying in charge after what he's done to Ukraine?

Massive war crimes etc

I hope someone in Russia takes him out to make reconciliation (and reparation) more straightforward.

17. Mr Cleansheets

Depends who you talk to.

I have a work colleague whose family lives on the Ukrainian border. She reckons her family despise Putin (and his mates) and says there is massive sentiment against him in Russia - as the protests seem to confirm.

She also says (and this is probably wishful thinking) that the rumour in Russia is that Putin has an inoperable disease (affecting his brain) so has nothing to lose in trying to become a Soviet (yes, Soviet) hero.

18. Mr Cleansheets

It also strikes me that hoping someone in Russia will take him out was excatly what was hoped about Hitler in the years leading up to WW2.

19. Mr Cleansheets

Profoundly disagree with this.

Who are the other wealthy men playing games?

This is very far from a game.