1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hibs v Celtic, Sun 27th Feb 12:00, Premiership, Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Feb 24, 2022.

Discuss Hibs v Celtic, Sun 27th Feb 12:00, Premiership, Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic20

We went from thinking we had amazing squad depth to worrying about whether most of them are even good enough to play for us at all. That's a big difference.

2. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song

It is difficult to play against teams playing so deep. But it's his job to find ways to unlock those defences.

To have only 3 shots on target in 90 minutes is shocking.

Let's see how many shots they Huns will have in 90 minutes today against a Motherwell side that will sit in and play deep. 30 shots and 10 on target probably. You don't shoot. You don't score.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. wulliebad

Nearly every player in the team signed up to play for him in the last two windows and we recently went top so i doubt he has lost any of them. Its a bad drop in form that we need to sort out and nothing more. Might not sort it for a while but it will come good at some point.

johnfife1959 and Easter Rd Davie like this.
  4. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yeah that annoys me. These managers who think there's only one way to win football matches when there are clearly many ways. Play 2 up top and go more direct - not as easy to do that today as strikers nearly all injured but could have put Abada through the middle with Maeda and brought on Forrest or Dembele. He should have done something.

5. murphy88

People need to stop going on like today is effectively league over. It’s * ridiculous to be talking like that. Worried about the direction the team are heading? Did you no see where we were when Ange took over? I would say we are heading in the right direction from then to now. Teams go through poor patches on the season, in terms of performances we are doing that just now. The results have been fine domestically though. You say our problems won’t go away overnight, they seemed to appear overnight though.

johnfife1959 and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. john2061

Ever since that day he was shouting and swearing at them on the touch line against Raith rovers the players seem to lack that desire we saw against rangers and Motherwell .
    The intensity has not been there since then and don't know maybe a few players spat the dummy out on Ange but the Hibs keeper could have got his deck chair out as he was never tested and that is worrying and the performances lately been not that great.
    Also the kyoko situation is worrying been out for two months now and no sign of him back in training yet as we need him back soon .

7. Foley1888

That’s a poor assessment of the game, you don’t score goals if you don’t make chances. Other than the one Abada hit straight at Macey we didn’t create one other decent chance.

All our creative players were a shambles and the full team looked slow and uninterested.

We came back after the break and at least played well for an hour in games but since we were poor second half against Aberdeen we have not kicked a ball. It’s been this pedestrian slow rubbish and people running around like headless chickens.

We badly need a spark and without Kyogo being fit soon I struggle to see where it’s going to come from.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    See if * shouting at players at a Raith rovers game, is going to lose the dressing room, then what a bunch of wee snowflakes, aw this losing dressing rooms pish, was prepared to take it as an excuse, last season, but * me these guys are grown adults and if getting a bit of criticism which was deserved loses the dressing room then * me, don’t deserve to win a league, jeezo guys like stein had players by the throat

9. Crilly

Shocking performance

10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I get why people want McGregor in the holding role but he's far more effective further forward. Would have taken Hatate off, moved McGregor further forward and brought on Bittom, Ideguchi or McCarthy to play that role when they didn't seem to offer a lot going forward in the last 25 minutes or so.

George Theodorou likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

trying to be too clever

when hart decided he was taking it it should have been smashed upfield

12. Wizard of Oz

Some of you are cringe worthy and embarrassing. Never winning the league? Lost the dressing room? All this whilst sitting top, which we got to by clawing back a 6 point deficit. You * don't deserve to celebrate any success we get this season with this pish

13. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Take it we were * was at work so missed it did we even look like winning at any point ?

14. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Didn't see the game today. Family bereavement. But the frustration at the lack of subs I find bizarre tbh. The only two attacking options,other than O'Riley, are Forrest and Dembele. If anyone is serious about these two coming on to change the game then I'd be amazed. Forrest has been utterly abysmal every time he's played this season. Every * time. And Dembele is still totally untested at this level. Yeh it's a disappointment but regardless of results today we will still be top.

cidermaster likes this.
  15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Well said mate. I sincerely applaud you

CelticBoabie and cidermaster like this.
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Couldn’t believe when Taylor was told to get up the pitch and Hart ran over looked like he was gonna smash it then rolls it 5 yards to Starfelt. Then you know it’s just going to get played about at the back for a while again.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Hope today went well for you Cool Bhoy:50:

And yes we WILL win the League, even if it is on the last day:60:

Jacob knows likes this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You’ve got to be honest sometimes, few times people have watched the Huns which personally I choose not to, and a lot of people come on saying “ Huns are *”, any Hun watching that today would be coming onto their forum saying “ Celtic look pretty pish now “ and sad thing is couldn’t really argue with them, great we got the 3 points last week but * me they slip up and we are top of the league playing bottom of the league at home and we nearly made a * of that, it’s strange cause at the start of the season, granted we were losing a lot away from home but we pumped st mirren and Dundee 6-0 back to back at home and now we are 7 months up the line and apparently big progression we seem to struggle in nearly every game

19. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    We will not win the league this year unless we massively improve do I think we will 100% no

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Momentum swinging wildly between both teams, we've dropped ours they seemed to have picked up theirs. Hopefully that swaps round again by the final few games of the season...