1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Oct 31, 2021.

Discuss Do you think we will win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We really need Kyogo and Turnbull back to give us some fresh impetus by March.

we are scoring plenty of goals but we need to tighten up our set pieces defending, we are not going to be able to score 3 goals every game.

2. Cringer67

One swallow doesnt make a summer.
    I pray you are correct, however cant see it.

3. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    No, but Aberdeen's other performances against them would suggest it is very likely going to be a difficult game for the huns

Cringer67 and Hammy89 like this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Aberdeen should've won that game and the home game.

Two draws when they should've taken maximum points if it weren't for the refs shafting them.

St Johnstone have been rank rotten this year. Even with the huns' poor away form, they'll brush them aside.

In the last two games vs Aberdeen, the huns have scored from a freekick that was never a freekick, a penalty that was never a penalty and scored immediately after McGregor brought down Hedges in his own box that should've been a red card and a penalty.

Oddly, they weren't shouting for VAR after those matches...

Cringer67 likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aberdeen won't be a breeze for them at all, new manager bounce and they have the huns number.

*, even St Johnstone will be tricky I think. Very easy game on paper but their away form is really, really poor, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility they drop points there too.

I'm not actually worried about the hibs game at all, they've been * awful under Maloney and we've been excellent against them this season, think the St Mirren game is a bigger banana skin.

Cringer67 likes this.
  6. Cringer67

lads, I will be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong here!

7. PaddyJamieson

If we beat Livi away we win the league. Nothing surer*.

*There are many surer things.

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If we win the next 3 games, and the huns drop points in 1 of them, im confident that we win the league no matter what happens in the derby games.

9. Lewis Kerr

Poll was better when I had it so that you couldn't change your vote. Seeing as I created it late October, it would have made for a better reading and comparison.

10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think the next 3 games are absolutely pivotal. I reckon the huns will take all 9 points from there next 3 games. 2 home games and an away game to a * St Johnstone team. We should expect them to take 9 points from all 3 games. Hibs and Livi away are rank ties for us. 2 complete banana skins. They have a favorable away games before the derby at mordor. Motherwell/Aberdeen at home and Dundee/St Johnstone away. We have a tough couple of away games in Hibs/Livi and probably easier home games in St Mirren/Ross County.

It's going to be tight and it may very well come down to the final two derby games. We are 3 points ahead with a much better goal difference, effectively adding as another point. These results need to keep coming though. Take 12 points from 12 before the derby and we are still in the driving seat for the title. Taking the 12 points is going to be a huge ask but we have been so good this season. I know they * will be watching on with intent come Sunday, hoping we bottle it after our game on Thursday. Hope Ange plays the * kids. The league is so * important. * the conference league.

11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm not sure about St Johnstone and Dundee being favourable away games for them. They're both fighting for survival and it matters a lot to these players as they could be released or take a cut in wages if relegated. Dundee have a new manager and played well against us and St Johnstone just beat Hearts away. You see some strange results with relegation threatened teams towards the end of the season.

ArturBorucCSC and saltire78 like this.
  12. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'd hope with the number of good midfielders we now have we can rotate more and make substitutions without weakening the team if someone looks knackered. Turnbull and Kyogo will hopefully come back and freshen things up as well.

13. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

There’s no room for error, but I’m delighted that it’s in our own hands at the end of February. Don’t think anyone saw that coming after the shambles that was last season and the summer.

14. Keano88

We looked unstoppable after steamrolling the Huns, Motherwell and then in that first half against Aberdeen. Since the 2nd half vs Aberdeen though we’ve not reached those levels again, which has caused a bit of doubt to creep in.

It feels like we’re saying this for every block of games just now but these next 2 away games, Hibs and Livi, are massive.

If we can get back to the levels we were at pre-Sheep then we should comfortably beat both, but if we perform like we did vs Dundee we could struggle in both and drop some pts.

I’m more confident beating Livingston for some reason than I am Hibs so if we can beat Hibs this weekend my confidence will be through the roof again.

I’m about 85% we’ll do it at the moment.

15. Foley1888

Need a big performance on Sunday go out early and be at it like the Game against them and Motherwell. Look to get goals and put them under pressure.

I would make a couple of changes from the team he puts out tomorrow night, bring in Rogic and Abada from the start who I wouldn’t start tomorrow.

Same with full backs Taylor has played well against Hibs this season so would bring him in but not play him tomorrow night.

Decision on Maeda or GG depends which looks sharper tomorrow night or who is fresher. GG scores tomorrow night I would play him again given he will be on a bit of a run.

16. mayo

Think the game at ibrox is huge. If we leave ibrox without losing and top of the table I’d be very confident of winning the title.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still too tight to call, for me.

And I'm a pessimistic * at the very best of times anyway.

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well to be fair you have enough on your Plate on Sunday Night and a good few Sunday Nights after:84:

19. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Voted yes but I wouldn't be surprised if we chuck it. We've had some sketchy performances recently, so I guess it's how quickly it takes us to find some form again.

20. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Eventually our good luck has to break. We will start dropping points again, unquestionably. We've been riding our luck being as weak at the back as we are.

Ultimately it's been the huns season to chuck away however and they're doing a fine job of it. They look like us last season, disinterested, heads out the door, poor tactically. Can't get the mark of GVB, no idea how far he can turn it around or how far he's part of the problem.