1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Bodo/Glimt February 17th BT Sport 2 kick off 8PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 13, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Bodo/Glimt February 17th BT Sport 2 kick off 8PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

The build-up was all about both teams having a similar style but Bodo showed a lot more maturity tonight.

As much as they were able to press and move the ball quickly, they were clever enough to show it down, keep control and stay tight when needed.

We badly lack that in-game management. We’ve seen it on a number of occasions this season in Europe.

There’s a reason that these sobering performances and results usually happen in Europe. Our mistakes often don’t get punished domestically but they get exposed more frequently in Europe because the calibre of player is much higher.

Multatuli and JABA like this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty * from us out there tonight. I didn’t think it would be easy but I was confident we would win the game. Still a lot to play for and anyone giving up on this already…jesus!

They weren’t World beaters and we are a better team, just had a off night! We do have a serious problem of scoring in Europe then conceding straight after.

Thursday we just need to score first and after that I think we go on and qualify. Players will turn up next week, I’m sure of that.

3. Lewis Kerr

True.

McGregor was rubbish tonight, but you won't hear about it

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I think we have a chance but I don't know how you can watch how they played and say we're a better team. They were excellent

Multatuli, JABA and broonieboy like this.
  5. davidhannah

Well beaten by a good, small team from Norway.

Taylor got skinned for the second as well which is embarrassing. The guy was on the deck for 2 minutes before that. If I could pick on Bodo they go down easily and stay down.

Maeda gets the header. Yes that's good. But I felt like the balls into him for most of the game were poor. The short corners ineffective. I'd like to criticise Maeda's runs. There's something a bit shakey about them he needs to work on the timing!

We need 2 in Norway to take it to extra time.
    It is now a nightmare tie. The Celtic fans will be freezing their nuts off. The players better grow some hair on the chest and get ready to fight for their pride!

Bodo/glimt who? We've been beaten by the WiFi. It's not flashing Green. It's fair to say we've not got a good connection. It's time to change network provider.

Storm Dudley. Moving in. Celtic were the duds tonight!

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aye mate Forrest been poor but to pick him out on a night that most of our main were worse than dreadful, doesn’t say much but felt Forrest contributed slightly more in 15 minutes than Abada n jota did whole game

NomDePlum likes this.
  7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Just woke up to this * result this morning.

What the absolute * ????

8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Has to be said, their keeper was really good with the ball at his feet. Quick and decisive. Think that played a big part in them cutting through our press. As sore a result as that was, I think there were lessons to take from that game if we want to go up a level.

Still hope we * beat them in Norway though.

9. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We are not smart enough.

Look at how open we are right after the goal.

Absolutely zero game management.

Players get carried away by the crowd and go gung ho when the place is bouncing.

JABA and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  10. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    Lucky u not watching the game. We where *

LectersLuncheon and broonieboy like this.
  11. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Jotas worst performance yet
    Suppose he was due a bad game and unlucky it was tonight

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Whole stadium emptied as soon as that third goal went in hope ange took note getting fed up with it tbh and what a shocking stat 18 years since a last knock out win and that’s with a new third competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sickening

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Wouldn’t say they were excellent they did. A lot of dirty * in the game play acting for one when ever we were on the attack trying to get play stopped and kill any rythm the huddle after we scored was down right cheating in my book someone should have been booked for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    tbh, I was fully expecting to get beat. We play against pish every week. Our players don't get really tested. We can crow as much as we like but the football we play is great, but our league just never really challenges it into being better.

No discredit to Ange. Love the philosophy. I just don't think we're as good as many on here think we are. On the plus side, Thatcher, like the huns, is still deid, the ould *. But I genuinely think the league is the main priority. We have to win that, this leagy conferensy thingy is fine, but we need the league.

We lost to a better team, lessons will be learned. _Bollocks will be chopped off. I seriously didnae expect to beat this mob over two games. Mind you, thought we might at least get a draw at hame.

16. john2061

Their keeper will miss the second leg after getting booked here's hoping their back up keeper is as bad as barkas and we shoot on sight and if we can score first then it's game on .

davidhannah likes this.
  17. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not really much of an argument when the huns play the same * we do and have faired better than us in the past 5 years in europe and just pumped Dortmund 4-2 in their own backyard.

Westlondonscot and aliceinsound like this.
  18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Tonight was a reality check for the players and ourselves, Bodo done what we want to do and that’s during their pre-season. Their movement off the ball in the final 3rd is very impressive.

We look quick and sharp from the off but as soon as they scored heads went down and no one took the team by the scruff. So much space out wide yet CCV, Starfelt and McGregor would * about with it being slow and indecisive.

Disappointing and frustrating because we know how well we can play, just ashame no one turned up.

In saying that we still had plenty chances and just didn’t have the luck like they did for their 3rd. Hopefully we go over there with a point to prove and not just play within ourselves again.

JABA and Rogicisgod like this.
  19. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    honestly agree that i'ts no much of an argument. Not really an argument, more an expalnation/summary. Still think it hold true though. As for the undeid, that's just bizarre, considering how * they really are.

As I said, just offering a feeling/emotion rather than a précis ready to be tested in court. So, aye. BAsically.

20. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    There’s something up with us when we play in the knockout stages in Europe. Every year it’s cemented further, no matter the opposition. And every year we think we’re just a bawhair from doing any better then we’re right back to square one again. Huns coming in to Europe as a 10 year old club and outperforming us puts it in perspective, these things aren’t pie in the sky stuff, we really should be getting beyond the first knockout round at least on occasion. We’ll put in a much better performance in the second leg but it’ll be too little too late.