1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 29, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Do ye aye

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Most confident I’ve been going into a game against them since Rodger’s left.

3. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    In the know?? or maybe Cal's dad tells porkies pies

gazb1888 likes this.
  4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Celtic could welcome back captain Callum McGregor and striker Daizen Maeda for Wednesday's Old Firm derby as they bid to replace Rangers at the top of the Scottish Premiership.

Midfielder McGregor is back in training after missing two games with a serious facial injury sustained in the Scottish Cup win over Alloa.

Ange Postecoglou hopes to include Maeda on his return from Japan duty.

"We'll see how he is," the Celtic manager said.

"He gets in [Wednesday] morning. He played 20 minutes [against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday morning], I haven't seen the game and we haven't spoken to him.

"I will probably have a chat when he lands and see how he feels. He definitely won't start, but he has a chance for the squad."

Celtic have cut the lead at the top from six to two points with three straight wins since the winter break, capitalising on Rangers' draws away to Aberdeen and Ross County.

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst, who takes charge of his first Old Firm derby, has issued a vote of confidence to Allan McGregor after the goalkeeper was culpable for two County goals in Sunday's 3-3 draw.

"Allan is our number one and has saved us many times," said van Bronckhorst. "There were no discussions around taking him out of my team."

Team news
    Celtic midfielder Tom Rogic has been ruled of the derby having started for Australia on Tuesday. Top scorer Kyogo Furuhashi, fellow forward Albian Ajeti and midfielder David Turnbull remain absent with hamstring injuries.

Yosuke Ideguchi is still struggling with an ankle problem while Nir Bitton is suspended after his red card in Saturday's win over Dundee United.

New Rangers signing Aaron Ramsey lacks match fitness and the midfielder will not make his debut at Celtic Park following his loan move from Juventus.

Polish right-back Mateusz Zukowski, who also joined Rangers on deadline day, not yet unavailable.

Striker Alfredo Morelos is away with Colombia, Filip Helander is still sidelined, but defensive colleague Leon Balogun returns after a two-game injury absence. Forward Ianis Hagi is out for the season after knee surgery.

What did they say?
    Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "He's [Ramsey] a quality player and good for the league, but ultimately with all these signings, whether they are high profile or not, it comes down to performances.

"No-one had heard of Kyogo before I brought him here but no one's going to tell me he's not good for the Scottish game."

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst: "Old Firm matches are special games, I have been involved as a player and now as a coach. I want to be successful and to get a positive result.

"With the quality Celtic have it is different from most of our games in Scotland so we have to be well prepared and execute our gameplan."

Match stats
    • Celtic are winless in six league derbies (D1 L5), their longest such run since March 2000, when they also went six without a win.
    • Rangers haven't won a league match at Celtic Park as defending champions since October 2010 under Walter Smith. They have lost all three such visits since, most recently a 3-0 defeat in April 2012.
    • This will be Giovanni van Bronckhorst's first league Old Firm game as Rangers manager. None of the last four Rangers bosses to face Celtic in the league won their first derby (D1 L3), with Ally McCoist the last to do so in September 2011.
    • Celtic have won each of the last three league derbies played in midweek, most recently a 1-0 win in December 2011. Rangers haven't won a midweek league derby since March 2000, a 1-0 win in which Van Bronckhorst featured.
    • Celtic are unbeaten in their last 51 midweek league matches (W42 D9). They have won their last 13 at home in midweek.
    • Seven of Rangers' last 10 league goals against Celtic have been from set pieces, including each of their last four scored at Celtic Park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60135789

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hagi is out as well for them? This is looking more and more like a draw, which is fine.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think the huns dropping those points recently actually puts less pressure on Ange and the team to win. Obviously there is pressure by the way of being able to go top but if we were still 6 points behind then it would have been a must win and I think the pressure would be even more.

Think Ange has basically said CalMac will play tomorrow and Maeda will be on the bench at least. Gives us a lot more confidence now we know we are not stuck with either McCarthy or Soro. No disrespect to both but tbh none of us are confident with either of them starting.

Personally after watching those videos (Ange and JJ’s interviews and the training clip) I am less nervous and pretty confident we will win tomorrow. Not gonna predict a score and personally not too bothered. Smash then 3-0 or 4-0 would be amazing (and hilarious) but a 1-0 I’d be just as happy.

7. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Hart
    Ralston - CCV - Starfelt - JJ
    CalMac
    O'Reily - Hatate
    Abada - GG - Jota
    Maeda coming on for the last half hour.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Has to be the team for me too..that team gets the job done

Tommy25 and Jo-Jo-Buffon like this.
  9. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    I want tae see Van Bronckhorst cutouts getting punched tomorrow night.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Be easier to kick mate :ange2:

RabS and Jax Teller like this.
  11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Dunno why I see that team and I get quite excited then I catch Taylor s wee name amongst it and my excitement for always taper’s slightly

12. crazy-horse1977

I want cutout funeral processions. Or maybe save that til the end of the season.

Jax Teller likes this.
  13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would prefer for CalMac not to be playing,, the huns would target him,,,oooops my arm hit him in the face as we both jumped for the ball.

14. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    I hope we absolutely take them apart.

Sydneysider likes this.
  15. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    People on here creaming for a draw give yourself a shake embarrassing

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not creaming. I would not mind a draw. There's a difference.

17. RiquelmeCSC

Is it too early to get on it?

OziBeerMan, Rydo1888* and Henke102 like this.
  18. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A draw for them would give them a massive boost psychologically. We need to beat them and go top, it's a must win

trip2themoon, Tommy25 and DEADEYECFC like this.
  19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    * wanting a draw or being satisfied with it either.

johnno379, Tommy25 and DEADEYECFC like this.
  20. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Get they Orcs pumped tomorrow Celtic

johnno379 likes this.