1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 29, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Same.

1-3 Huns for me.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I doubt we'd do it but with the fear over starting McCarthy. What about a possibility of

Hatate
    O'Riley

Forrest
    Jota
    Abada

Jackie

It's very attacking but Hatate and O'Riley have either played deeper in the 6 or in the 8 plenty..

An interchangeable attacking trio with Abada or Forrest right..

Isn't ideal I know but takes away the McCarthy conundrum..

3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Nothing but a win will satisfy me Wednesday night, get right in these * faces from the start and take our chances. 3-0 Celtic.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Call me mental but i don't actually think it matters that we are not full strength, what matters is that the players that play want it badly enough, this is a game that's as much about desire and application as it is about ability.

In other words get right * intae thum ! :yeah:

5. GavCFC1

Honestly think Juranovic could play the 6.

Ralston CCV Starfelt Taylor

O’Riley Juranovic Hatate

George Theodorou likes this.
  6. stew37

Hope to * we pump them. Obviously always want that to happen but after reading some of the * I've read today, especially on that hun thread on here, hope we * ruin them, and this Ramsey * breaks his legs.

seanm, paulo123 and DonnyCelt like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He plays sweeper and the 6 from fullback to be fair so do we even need one :ange2:

8. scootz

Stay classy!

:56:

9. CountyDownFaithful

Starting to doubt myself now.

Still think we are capable of winning - and we need to go into it with a strong mentality - but the midfield battle worries me.

We just don’t have a suitable replacement for McGregor and feel it could bite us in the *.

Plus we are without Kyogo or Maeda up front. We lose the dynamism of McGregor in the middle and the pressing of Kyogo up top. Two crucial components of Ange’s style.

Full strength I think we win with a bit to spare. They aren’t brilliant but we are going to have to put on some show to get 3 points here given the amount of players missing.

10. PaddyJamieson

Score in the first 30 mins and we win the game. I have no doubts. Get out and at them like we do and with a bit more clinical finishing we can do them

seanm likes this.
  11. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Think Juranovic could play almost anywhere to be fair.

Another option I'll throw in is Welsh. For me he's to wee to be a centre back but he's really aggressive tackler and really good on the ball. He has a lot of qualities to play there

George Theodorou likes this.
  12. scootz

Probably fogging a dead horse here, but I really think we need to have a more direct approach for Wednesdays game. The Zombies seem to defend cross-balls pretty well, but get themselves into a guddle with balls over the top. McGregor will be a bundle of nerves if he starts in goal due to his *-show at the weekend... and we've always known that he's awful when caught in no-mans-land.

I just don't know if GG would be much use if balls are played over the back line though (but then I also wonder what use GG is. Period!).

13. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    This puts all the pressure on the huns as media will be lapping it up how’re they’re going to pump us etc. and if they don’t it’s a massive failure and hopefully admin 2.0

14. PaddyJamieson

I think they'll sit in against us like they did against the sheep. Might not be much space for balls in behind. You're right tho that they're * dreadful at dealing with long balls over the top so if they come out a bit we have to be ready to adapt.

scootz likes this.
  15. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

We are the better team but my * is starting to twitch now.

Even during Rodgers era I was sick with nerves for these games.

16. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    My biggest worry isn’t really the starting 11 its the lack of options off the bench. We will have nothing from a midfield perspective. We will have two wingers as our only real attacking subs and the rest will be the defence. We are going to need to rely on most of the starting 11 to put in a 90 minute performance.

17. Mr Diggler

I really hope Ramsey starts because it should be equal between him and McCarthy in the who can move the slowest competition.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ball's over the top definitely trouble them..

Right at the start of their game at Tynecastle, Boyce was 1 on 1 and * the lob over the beast under zero pressure..

The sheep did it the other week and the Hedges was 1 on 1 and was taken out by the beast..

A bobbling * up at Dingwall for the second they conceded..

They don't like ball's round the side's of their centre halves as the cup semi against Hibs showed...or anyone running at them.....as well as being terrible defending set pieces now..

Basically they're pish at the back and can be exposed regularly if we turn up...which I think we will..

I was saying before Saturday that I thought we'd pump United, but wouldn't mind if we were saving our goals for the huns. We've been due to hammer someone and be clinical in a game...let's hope this is our night..

19. Celticbhoy97

We’ve got a big part to play as the support. Be with the team from the 1st whistle chanting don’t get on their backs. That’ll be their game plan to un nerve us, need to as hostile as *. Every decision against, every touch from them jeered. Get these * abused at ever set piece

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    This..

Make it as uncomfortable for them and the ref as it can get..

They'll * their selves if we do..

Bampton likes this.