1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 29, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Scales

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

Do we start with 3/5/2 and flood the mid field and have Abada in the middle, as at St.Johnstone ?

3. PaddyJamieson

I feel like we'll know after 20 minutes how the game's going to go. We're either going to come out and blitz them or struggle to break them down. If we got in 0-0 at half time I'll be worried.

4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    GG is not a big game player in my view for a home game like this. He lacks touch and is more suited to away games. He never scored against the top teams in Holland.He must frustrate his team mates with the amount of mistakes he makes in front of goal due to their efforts to provide him with the ball. Must distract, frustrate and put off his fellow players with * like that lingering in their heads. If we are ahead he may get final minutes on the pitch.

Scales in DFM would be a realistic option. He has played CB many times, good touch and movement, has the height to cut out crosses and looks a strong lad.

We will win this game . Any players coming back from injury will be a bonus. We need to play a low game, so no high crosses into the box because we do not have the players for that. We need to take some short corners as well. Free kicks shots on goal only for Juranovic, Hatate, and Jota if on an angle.

The fans support will be a bonus. Need to score at least 2 in the first half, and keep up the tempo for a third in the second half. Need to keep it tight and simple at the back.

I see Aribo as their main threat, like Ianis Hagi as a player.

Hart

Ralston
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Juranovic

Hatate
    Scales
    O'Riley

Forrest/Johstone/Doag
    Abada
    Jota

Possible start or transition to 3/5/2 to flood the midfield and stop them playing their normal game.

Celtic to win - 2-1, thrilling match 4-2. No last minute dramas coz I can't take it any more !

Come on the Hoops !!

OziBeerMan likes this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Have to say want to pump them and confident we can win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, been 2 points behind,2 more derbies to come and guys like kyogo, Rogic, cal Mac, Julien, Gucci and Turnbull all back in the squad for the run in, still feel more than capable of swinging it around im our favour

6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Kyogo, Maeda, Rogic, CalMac, Turnbull, Karamoko, Jullien, Ideguchi, Johnston

A lot of talent soon to become available for the run in, squad is looking incredible tbh, just need a new LB and the league title along with a proper run in Europe is looking very realistic

7. Shane1888

Hart
    Ralston CCV Starfelt Juranovic
    Scales
    O'Riley Hatate
    Abada GG Jota

OR

Hart
    Ralston CCV Starfelt
    Scales
    Juranovic O'Riley Hatate
    Jota
    Abada GG

Few general thoughts:

- Midfield is going to be absolutely vital.
    It's important that we don't let Aribo run the show; he's their main threat in my opinion and needs to be nullified from the start.

- I still think Ange will pull something out of the bag in terms of a surprise inclusion, whether it be Maeda, Kyogo, Rogic or McGregor.
    Don't think any of them will start, but at least one on the bench. Kyogo the least likely of the bunch, but you never know.

- A draw here would NOT be a disaster, injuries and suspensions considered.
    Of course we always want to do these *, but we have so many players still to come back throughout the remainder of the season and we have 2 derbies still to come after this one. Remaining just 2 points behind after this would not be the worst outcome by any means.

- Lastly, nothing is really going to be won or lost in the grand scheme of things in this game.
    A win to go top would be sensational, but heaven forbid, a loss still wouldn't end our title hopes. They are dropping points against inferior teams, whilst we are relentless in pursuit of victory, even when we're up against it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    OverandOver likes this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Now that the dust has settled over their draw, its back to the oul "any other day" patter.

"We were great going forward"

"Gio can't legislate for howlers"

"Any other day we destroy that mob"

"Ra cellic are *"

"We turn up, we win"

"We're better than them all over the park!"

That last one is absolutely baffling too. Such * arrogance.

This false sense of superiority that just reeks out of every orifice is just mind blowingly delusional.

Kent or Jota?

Morelos or Kyogo?

Aribo or Calmac?

Hatate or Arsefield?

Juranovic/ Rambo or "tav"?

CCV or Easter Island?

Hart or the rapist?

Even Jackie or Roofe is questionable ffs.

Thats not even mentioning Tam, Maeda etc.

Now depending on who you support theres always room for debate. But * me, the ONLY position where they are definitely "stronger" would be left back. And on current form, Barasic wouldnt get near our first 11.

If any side should have the "if we tirn up we win" attitude its us. We're at home, confidence is high, we smell blood, and the team have a point to prove.... They on the other hand looked disjointed, utterly confused by their new managers tactical approach, and their so called "superstars" are playing * dross. Kent, Barasic, Kamara, et al... All of them getting * pelters every game.
    They were * desperate to get Aribo back from Africa, and still shipped 3 goals against Ross County.

Dare i say it....

If we turn up. We win.

JML67, OziBeerMan and AussieGreek like this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Yeah mate pretty incredible how much we’ve boosted the squad but still don’t have a solid LB, Taylor must put in some shift in training to still constantly be in and around the starting line up though not really a good other option

10. Mr Cleansheets

All the momentum is ours.

If we get an early goal it will do wonders for my nerves.

eire4 and Slaw like this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    For me I am undecided as I have not seen enough of Giakoumakis to know IMHO if he will or will not be a success at Celtic. So I really do not have an opinion on Giakoumakis one way or another right now. However it is wrong to say he never scored against the top teams in the Dutch league. He scored against the champions Ajax as well as scoring against AZ Alkamaar. He also bagged a remarkable 4 goals against Vitesse who finished 4th in the Dutch league last season. Regardless of what I or you think of him given Koygo is not barring a miracle going to play and Maeda is not really available Giakoumakis will most likely be the man leading our line on Wednesday. How that will go I have no real idea but lets hope he can build on his performance against the diets and get himself another goal.

I agree with you on the corners we need to look for a bit more variety and short options as we just do not have the players to look likely to score by just serving all day which is what we did mostly on Saturday. Juranovic does strike a good ball so given we do not have a clear free taker when its in a scorable position he may be well worth a try. There is zero chance Scales will be playing as a 6 and Hagi is out for them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I appreciate your comments. For Celtic's sake I hope GG gets his mojo back and plays a blinder and I am proved wrong.

I had big wraps for him when he signed and wished him a great career at first but all my early optimism for him has now diminished. I think he is out of his league at Celtic at present and lacks positive consistency.

13. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ve got a sneaky feeling maeda is going to be involved.

Hart
    Ralston CCV Starfelt Juranovic
    O’Riley
    Abada Hatate
    Jota Maeda
    GG

with Abada playing off GG.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Recent results have shown we are Relentless FC, we’ve a scary amount of injuries but whatever 11 & bench that Ange picks will do a * huns side lacking in confidence,

“Everywhere we go …”

15. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Celtic need to take a leaf out of Australia’s book. Playing a WC qualifier against Uruguay in 2006, in Montevideo, with the return leg in Sydney if I recall correctly 4 days later, Australia had a chartered Qantas flight with physio tables, rehab area, sleep bubbles etc.
    It worked, we won!

King of Kings likes this.
  16. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Considering the injury list, I´ll take a draw.

That said, they can be dealt with, as seen vs Aberdeen and Ross County.
    As said above, the midfield battle must be won.
    Aribo is their main man imho, shut him down and they are average.

17. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Never settle for a draw

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

GreenLeanMean and cas79 like this.
  18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hart
    Juranovic CCV Starfelt Taylor
    McGregor
    O’Riley Hatate
    Abada Giakoumakis Jota

Maeda and Doak to play a big part off the bench…

19. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ange will be playing to win. All he thinks about is the current game and winning it. His strong belief in his game plan, and if players adhere to it, he’s not going to deviate. This is a marker game and he’ll have whomever takes the pitch fired up for it. This is going to be epic!

Mr Cleansheets and ddub11 like this.
  20. Al Bootyerbaws

* the draw this is games we need to win if we want to be champions again.

Sydneysider and DEADEYECFC like this.