1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 29, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Huns Wednesday February 2nd Sky sports football 7:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm not banking on it, but I wouldn't be totally shocked. Ange has been keeping his cards close to his chest for a reason, to keep us all guessing. Obviously the right decision will be made - if he's at risk by playing then he won't.​

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Imagine he rocks up in the starting lineup, kyogo rocks up, meada rocks up :56: :56: I can dream but I'm excited to see the lineup

3. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Maeda starting is very unlikely. His game for Japan finishes around noon (UK time) on Tuesday then between then and Wednesday evening around 13-15hrs in flight time back to Celtic Park. Irrespective of whether he plays, that travel will take a toll and considering he prob arrive Wednesday early morning at the earliest it seem so unlikely he will start. Think he will be on the bench and will be brought on if needed. GG is 99% likely gonna start

4. PaddyJamieson

I reckon Maeda will be on the bench. On for the last 20 to score the fifth goal with a panenka :ange2:

honda likes this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    After yesterday, I believe Abada is a slightly more probable candidate to play CF.

Since lineups are announced an hour before the game, they will make their gameplan choice depending on whom we put up front. Abada's skillset will make them sit in, in which case we just need to deal with long balls and deny them crossable set pieces.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    Dan Breen likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

11 hour flight if you use a private jet :fear:

Finish at 12 thats 31 hours 45 mins so do a 12 hour flight. 8 hour sleep. By 8pm he will be wide awake. He has a chance imo.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I honestly think I we get the 3 points their season will crumble like it did a couple of seasons back and they will bottle it.

* intae the zombie *

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Is it just me but I'm starting to get the butterflies in the stomach already for this. I'll be a crumbling wreck come Wednesday morningo_O.

9. Mr Diggler

McGregor and Kyogo are definitely not starting this. I dont know why anyone would think otherwise. At best we get Maeda back in time so he can be on the bench if needed. He could maybe give us 20 mins at the end. We are going to have to hope that McCarthy steps up in a big way. Sometimes there comes a game where everyone is panicking about someone starting and they prove everyone wrong. Let's hope he does that on Wednesday. As for Giakoumakis he suits a more chaotic type of game rather than the low block deployed by teams like Livi and Dundee Utd. As much as I expect Sevco to be defensive there will be an electric atmosphere and crunching tackles flying about. It will suit Giakoumakis and I fancy him to score.

10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Im off all next week but gutted this is Wednesday as I’ve got an all day tattoo stint on Thursday morning and can’t get too smashed :56:

11. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I'm in 2 minds between the full backs. Juranovic not as good at left back but probably better than Taylor and his pace could be key v Diallo plus would prefer Ralstons aggression over Taylors rabbit in the headlights approach.
    Maybe just go sign a proper Lb tomorrow

12. AussieGreek

"The Peepul" are losing a * over Van Dudhorst's defensive tactics. They thought they were bringing in the next Cruyff and ended up with a Sam Allardyce.

13. Celticbhoy97

Up to us I make it as hostile as possible for these *, no passengers on the park and in the stands

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Definitely. Let's get the singing going from all 4 stands for this. "Let the people sing" and put the frighteners right up them from the start

15. Al Bootyerbaws

Won't happen on Wednesday obviously but I'd love to see us at full strength against their best team this season. We would absolutely * ragdoll them and they probably know it unless they are thick as *.

16. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    I would be sure he won’t play I can tell you that for free he’s in no fit state to play face wise will be about another month out, he’s not going to risk it for one game

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Cesar Azpilicueta suffered a double fracture of his cheekbone a couple of years ago and was back playing less than a week later with a mask on.
    In terms of injuries for a footballer this isn't a serious injury. Ange said he had a slight concussion. I think that's why he's not been involved this week. I'd be shocked if he's not pictured at training 2mo with a mask on

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Total quality yaaaaaasssssssssss

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Giakoumakis would play into their hands I think..

Not ideal as Forrest has been poor and rarely turns up v them.. But we need Abada through the middle.. Pace and press..

Limited options for Ange but he needs to get it right I feel..

Giakoumakis will play his part in the game but just think we need to be at them from the start..

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Cal Mac to start ?