1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stevoEOS

Played very well but really needs to cut out the moments of madness. The handball in the 2nd half could easily have seen him given a 2nd yellow & * us over which would’ve been the 3rd time he’d cost us points/wins with idiotic decisions.

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Should grow a beard.

joemc likes this.
  3. stew37

First half played well for the most part, second half I was praying for him to be subbed before he was sent off.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

Good servant but not a captain

5. oh bhoy

it was a petulant foul and the booking he got should have been avoided ,maybe if that masonic * had gave the blatant foul on him he wouldnt have lost his head

6. dmccourt95

Regardless of how many good games he has he’ll always have the jersey selling antics

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Onefootwonder

I just can't trust him not to do something stupid.

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's a good back up to have but that's how far his involvement should go.

9. joemc

Thought Bitton and hatate wer excellent mid first half to mid second half , both kept play moving in tight areas and showed emmence courage to commit players .

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Slaw likes this.
  12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Over 250 games for us now and the way he is playing this season looks like he will make it past 300 appearances. He will be 31 though when his contract ends at the end of next season so you have to think next season could very well be his last with Celtic. Although if he keeps his current form up through next season he could easily be offered another 1 or 2 extension.

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He absolutely bossed that game in the first half. But was very lucky to stay on the park in the second half. Pretty frustrating. Still a very handy player to have arpund though.

martin_d likes this.
  14. david100825

Always a decent squad option.

15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    99 times out of 100 he gets sent off for that handball on the half way line , and that could have cost us points. If he is on a booking in future just take him off ! Although not for Soro , that * is reckless.

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I like the *. Best season from him so far imo

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He's been fantastic" - Celtic player's rebirth explained, and vital role in dressing-room
    It was suggested by Ange Postecoglou on taking charge at Celtic last June that there would be winners and losers among the club’s squad.

Into the former bracket certainly comes Nir Bitton. The Israeli was considered no more than iffy centre-back cover in recent seasons. Now, the 30-year-old has become both the Australian’s go-to holding midfielder and captain in the absence of Callum McGregor – two roles he excelled in as Hearts were defeated in midweek. Bitton has been restored to a vital component of the Celtic squad through being restored to the central area he occupied in the early years following his £1m move from Ashdod in August 2013. Postecoglou posits Bitton has benefitted from previous preconceptions being set aside.

“As with all these things, people look at things differently if he has been here for a while,” he said. “I came in with fresh eyes and a new perspective and I just look at how they are training and playing. Nir has been great since I got here. If you look historically, he hasn’t played that many games in the last three or four years in the league. He is going really well and playing in a position which I think suits him and suits us. Nir has played a lot at centre-back, but for us, I feel he is much better suited to the midfield. He has that experience and leadership because he has been at the club for so long. I think he has been fantastic for us.”

Hugely popular among his team-mates, Postecolgou doesn’t pretend he factored that in on handing Bitton the armband when McGregor hasn’t featured for Celtic across the past two months. “I’m not that involved in the dressing room to see that, but I kind of know he is an important part of the leadership we have in there,” said the 56-year-old. “He has taken Liel Abada under his wing and he has helped the young man to adapt here because they both have had similar experiences. He knows the environment here, the culture and the football and looks as though he is enjoying it, which is a positive.

RogicHasMagicToes and Rydo1888* like this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He has been very good this season so far but IMHO his best season for us was Delia's first season when he was dominant in the middle all season long when we were only a hand ball away from being in the cup final playing for a treble.

martin_d likes this.
  19. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Think this bloke could be crucial on Weds. It'll be really reassuring to have someone protecting CCV and Starfelt but also giving Hatate and MOR the freedom to link play going forward.

I'm a big fan of Bitton's redemption arc. Long may it continue. He's been here a long time, so knows how it works and what it means.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He absoloutely dominates the huns everytime. Then just has 1 moment of madness that * it for us near enough everytime. He wouldn't play if everyone was fit so he better take his chance this time.

Damnati, Dan Breen and boylebhoy95 like this.