1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game against the huns a must win ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Jan 27, 2022.

Discuss Is the game against the huns a must win ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

As a few have said… it’s a ‘must not lose’

A loss wouldn’t write the season off but it would make the job so much more difficult…

The thing about this game is it’s more than just about the points. Whoever wins this will have the impetus to drive on - as well aa the kudos & bragging rights until the next derby. The loser WILL be damaged… not just points dropped but the psychology of it could see a slump.

That said.. I think the Huns would suffer more if they lose. They have unsettled players and ‘wantaways’ … and could easily show on the pitch. Their filthy fans will turn on them as well.

We have a lot of freshness about us (despite the injuries) and (hopefully) we can only get stronger as the season goes on.

We really need to do ourselves a favour and get this one well and truly won. It’s at home… no filthy Hun support and (again) despite the injuries, we still have the players capable of doing it.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Pretty much exactly this.

We done well getting it to 4points against huns and the refs the last few months. We need to beat them and be right on their tails - them knowing ANY dropped points will then be a disaster for them.
    Would also kick us on and let the side know they have it in them to go all the way this season now. Mental how it's now a couple of seasons without beating them - actually embarrassing to a large degree after the success we had prior.

Get the win and I think the title is ours.
    Lose, go 7points behind and they know they can lose another 2 games and still be in front, the pressure is off them and they will likely continue as is.

The Prof likes this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

100% must win. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'd say it's more of a must not lose than a must win. We'll be stronger when we get players back from injury and internationals so we should have a really strong end to the season. As long as we stay in touching distance for now I think we'll be ok, but if we win it will really put the fear into them as they will know we are going to be even stronger the next 2 times we face them.

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    So if it's a draw the season is over?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

6. david100825

It's a must not lose.

7. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I’m in the must win camp. Seasons not over if we lose, but it’s a mammoth task if we don’t beat them on wed imo. We need to end this run of not beating them, it would give the players so much belief and would crush them. It’s such a huge game, nerves will kick right in after tomorrow. Can’t wait.

8. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Must win. Nobody else seems to be taking points off them so it’s up to us.

Rydo1888* and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  9. celtic warrior

It's nothing less than a must win.

If we are serious about actually winning the league well.....this lot need a * beating.

If the momentum we are building is serious than a win is critical to really springboarding our season domestically onto a higher level and sweeping the league as key players return to the 11

10. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Aye, we need to make a statement. Shift momentum in our favour and inspire a bit of belief among the team and doubt among the opposition. A poor performance at this stage would see our heads go down and the supporters lose belief that it's still achievable.

11. CountyDownFaithful

Haven’t beaten them for 2 years - that can’t continue if we want to win the league.

Both teams probably won’t drop much points against rest of league so the next 3 derbies are crucial.

Skelleto likes this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Too many people in this thread who’d be content with a draw, at home, with not a single knuckle dragger in the stadium.

We’re the team chasing, we’re the only ones that we can rely on to claw the gap back and that starts on Wednesday. Our record against them for a while now has been abysmal and unless that changes we won’t be winning any league.

It is a must win, for way more than a single 3 points.

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There is a rather large difference between being content with a draw and accepting that, with 3 of our key players in Kyogo, McGregor and Rogic not available, a draw that wouldn't leave us out of the title race, which a defeat could well do, isn't the end of the world.

martin_d likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Doesn’t matter a jot who’s missing, that’s you looking for excuses before a baw is kicked. They’re missing players as well and they have less of a squad to deal with it than we do.

As I said, we can’t keep trundling on hoping other teams in the league help us out - the only team we can rely on to take points off our nearest challenger is us. All not beating them on Wednesday does is kick the can to Ibrokes when we’d be less of a favourite.

Easter Rd Davie and rudebhoy67 like this.
  15. seanm

A full celtic park will have the huns * it mark my words HH

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think we've been utter * since 2019 either. Even at the new year game last year we absoloutely battered them. Yet they won with not one shot on target. The last game with a complete different team to now, we had the best chances all game. Lost. I say we round up all the goats to protect the poor we * because some amount of them must have been getting sacrificed to stop us winning.

17. DonnyCelt

Incidentally the two who cost us at Ibrokes earlier this season, we're sold a couple of days later. Edouard and Christie, neither should've been involved in that game.

honda likes this.
  18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We appear to have a difference of opinion. I think we'll go on to win the league if we win or draw. You seem to think we can only win it if we beat them on Wednesday. If that's me "looking for excuses" so be it.

19. Lennon1888

Who else is going to beat them except Celtic??

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Difference of attitude more than opinion tbh.

I’d rather we just won all of our games and control our own destiny.