1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game against the huns a must win ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Jan 27, 2022.

Discuss Is the game against the huns a must win ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It's not a must win. But the winners will win the league

NakamuraTastic and Dublin Celt like this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    A draw wouldnt be fatal ( we will be so much stronger soon )
    But an almighty boot in the haw maws to them would be fatal for them , so for that just * do the rats !!

eire4 likes this.
  3. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Statistically, I'd say it's unlikey. Psychologically absolutely. We must assert dominance :)

4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Although not a disaster if we draw but as others have said if we win, I'd expect us t go on and win the title while they * the bed. A defeat is unthinkable

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    After the three points last night I'd say it's more a must not lose than must win. But what a comprehensive win would do at this time of the season having come through all the injuries/ new signings etc would be a massive psychological swing for us

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

6. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    A draw suits them better obviously, a win and the league is theirs

But I think the may be to rattled by us winning not to start dropping points

7. Mr Diggler

Every home game against them is must win. In my world we have to beat them at home the majority of the time- anything less is not good enough. If we don't win is the league over? Absolutely not.

8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    For me every game against that shower of * is a must win, but this one we really do need to make it count. Cut the lead put pressure on them.

9. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    That sounds like a must win to me :lol:

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    It's defo a must not lose - something we've not been good at in recent attempts!

11. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Definitely for me. For exactly the reasons you’ve said.

The Prof likes this.
  12. Al Bootyerbaws

It is a must win. We can't count on the other teams in the league to take points off the huns so we need to do it ourselves or we can forget winning the league.

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Its not must win, but its about as close as you can get. We need to show them that not only are we a more talented team, but that we have the bottle. Its huge psychologically. I genuinely believe we have more than they do now.

Need to put them back in their place, starting next week. That said, if its a draw its not a complete disaster

14. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    As Jock Stein said back in the day you get the same points for beating Rangers as any other club. From now on every game is a must win.

15. leeso-ardoyne

Not a Hope if they beat us it's over. That's just ridiculous! Has past seasons not shown anyone anything in football is possible. If they beat us, there's still alot of football to be played and we e still to play them another two times. With thst said, next Wednesday night we are going to win. I've no doubt about that! And with that, the season is about to take a different turn on in the second half of the season when we've everyone of our team is back.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes in my opinion, time to stop this horror run of no wins against them since December 2019 in the cup final and even then we were played off the park, a win against them, especially with a depleted squad, will have the team gain huge momentum and confidence throughout the rest of the season to go on to claim the title

If Starfelt, Taylor and Forrest start against them then my confidence in winning will drop considerably, would like to see Ralston back at RB, Juranovic at LB with Jullien partnering CCV for that game, Abada over Forrest too given Forrest rarely ever turns up against them

Hart
    Ralston CCV Jullien Juranovic
    Bitton Hatate
    Abada O'Riley Jota
    Giakoumakis
    Confident in getting the 3 points with that team

17. Al Bootyerbaws

Julien has been out for over a year there's no chance Ange throws him straight into the huns game barring injuries.

18. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Yeah if 2008 and (sadly) 2005 taught us anything it certainly won’t be over if we lose next week. That being said, it would make it roughly two and half years since we last beat them comfortably (Ibrox 2019) and it would be very hard to see it changing in the remaining two games. Need a few players who aren’t normally leaders to step up and if we win, we win the league in my view.

19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Then Welsh over Starfelt, but I'd start Jullien on Saturday, it's time to thrust him back in, he's been back training with the first team for well over a month now and has played games behind closed doors

20. Keano88

I don’t feel like it’s a must win, more a must not lose and then continue to beat everyone else for now.

A win would be massive though, a real momentum shifter. It’s been way too long since we beat them and getting that monkey off our back would breed even more confidence throughout the squad and fan base.

A win and I can’t see past us for the league.

A draw and I still think we’ll win the league as I think we’re more well equipped squad wise than they are to grind past the other teams in the league consistently.

A loss and it’s a huge blow to our chances and leaves us with a massive mountain to climb.

Fancy us to do the job, with the full crowd behind us they will * themselves. 3-1.