1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Still no much clearer on this. It’s like we don’t have a clue ourselves of how long players will be out for! Or even a rough idea.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Thing is that maybe the Club and Ange don't feel the need to tell us what's happening. Maybe it's a bit of gamesmanship? Never let your right hand know what the left hand is doing so to speak.

3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I think it’s more so the opponents can’t plan for sure what team they will be up against. Keep them guessing until the team sheet is out.

Frustrating as a fan because we want specific timelines and it also leads to this wild speculation of players being out for the rest of the season when they won’t be.

4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "I'm not going to put a timescale on it, I'm not in the medical profession.”

Anyone up for a whip round to put Ange through a medical degree so he’ll stop saying this?

:fear:

King of Kings and TheHappyLoss like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    Liam Scales likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Injuries can happen to any player at any time, but a manager can try to minmise the chances of this happening by not playing pivitol players in games where we should have more than enough to get the job done.

Ange needs to be more cute in this respect.

I don't believe there was any malicious intent in the challenge, Cal Mac being out for any length of time is a big loss for us, but we do have options in that area of the park.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Remember when Ange surprised everyone by not telling anyone that Callum and Kyogo were back for the Leverkusen game?

Imagine he did it again for the huns game. Everycunt would be buzzing.

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would be an incredible boost if he made the zombies game.

9. TheHappyLoss

Even if he can get on the last 10-15 minutes when we are 5-0 up

Twisty, Cringer67, FrenchCelt and 3 others like this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I dunno I watched the replay paused it guy defo wasn’t getting the ball he’s meant to take McGregor out I have no doubts about that the fact that he’s done that and it has caused a serious injury should have been booked very least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He'll be back soon..

Can feel it in my bones..

Rydo1888* and OverandOver like this.
  12. OverandOver

Yep, from what little we know, definitely sounds like he'll be ok for the 2nd.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has poured cold water on hopes that Callum McGregor’s facial injury may not be as bad as had been feared, saying there is no timeframe set for his return to first-team action.

The Celtic captain was helped from the field during Saturday’s win over Alloa after a clash of heads with Wasps midfielder Adam King, but Postecoglou raised hopes that his skipper may recover sooner than expected after exchanging messages with McGregor on Monday.

He has reiterated however the seriousness of the 28-year-old’s condition, saying the focus at the moment is simply to get him back to his old self, rather than worrying about when he may take to the field again.

“It’s still a serious injury, I’m not really sure why people think it’s positive,” Postecoglou said. “I did say he looks better, but it’s still a significant injury.

“We’ve just got to make sure we help him with his recovery now. We’ll get guided by the doctors that are looking after him.

“The first thing for me is that Callum starts to feel like his normal self as soon as possible and we will help him through that process.

“In terms of his recovery and when he gets to play again, we’ll take our time with that and make sure that both the doctors, and more particularly him, are comfortable with that.

“Whenever you are dealing with head injuries you have to make sure you look after the person before you look after the player.

“Everyone knows what Callum is like, he’s as brave as they come and nobody will be trying harder than him to get back, but our role right now is not to worry about Callum the player, but make sure that Callum the person is ok and goes through his recovery process.”

Postecoglou still doesn’t know if his captain will require surgery on the injury, as he awaits guidance from medical staff.

“We’ll leave that to the doctors and let them guide us through that process,” he said.

“That’s not something we’re going to navigate ourselves, we’ll follow whatever instructions we’re given or the procedures and protocols that are given to us and help Callum through that process.

“That will sort of take care of itself in terms of his recovery.”

The absence of McGregor is a huge blow, admits Postecgolou, particularly with a visit to Tynecastle to face Hearts this evening and fixtures against Dundee United and Rangers to follow.

But he has faith the other leaders within his squad will stand up and be counted in Gorgie this evening.

“He is a big miss, because he is such an influential figure within the group, firstly because he’s a fantastic footballer, but also because he’s our leader,” he said.

“There isn’t a club in the world that wouldn’t miss their leader, and we’ll certainly miss him.

“But we’ve been challenged all year with different kinds of things, but one thing we’ve done is make sure whenever adversity has hit, we’ve found ways to navigate through it and be resilient and not make excuses.

“This will be no different. We’ll need people to step up, but they’ll do that, because we’ve done that all year in different areas.

“Whether that’s in terms of leadership or trying to fill the gap in terms of what he provides us as a footballer, then that’s what we need to do.

“That won’t discount the fact that we’ll still miss him, because he’s the captain of this football club.”

Liel Abada should be fit for this evening’s match, though Yosuke Ideguchi will be out for some time with the injury he picked up against Alloa at the weekend.

Even with an extensive list of absentees though, Postecoglou is much happier with where his squad is than he was when Celtic lost out at Tynecastle on the opening day of the season.

“It’s too obvious to say that we’ve improved, but the starting point was pretty low for us,” he said.

“At that time in particular we still had players who were coming in, some we hadn’t signed yet who would become key members of our team, others were still on the way out. It was a chaotic time.

“I still think we did ok in that game. We lost narrowly, we had a goal disallowed, we gave a good account of ourselves even though the result wasn’t what we wanted.

“We lost the game and it wasn’t a great way to start the season for us, but it’s pretty obvious to see we’ve improved since then, but we had to.

“We’re a different team now to what we were then, and in the last three or four months we’ve shown a level of performance that’s been pretty consistent, and that’s been matched by the results.

“What we want to do is continue that upwards trajectory and hopefully keep improving, and have a stronger second half of the season that we did in the first half.

“We’ve played a few tough European fixtures this year in pretty hot environments and the boys have handled it well.

“We’re looking forward to it, the players want that. It’s much better that than playing in front of 50 people.

“That’s why I was keen and the club was keen to wait for the crowds to get back in before we started playing again, because whether it is home or away, what you want is people there. That’s what makes the contest meaningful.

“It’s a great stadium, they’ve got a very passionate crowd, and it’s exactly the circumstances you want to be involved in.

“I’m sure the boys are looking forward to it.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Oh just the thought of the outrage on here if he were to come on at 5-0 with 15 to go and got injured :56::56::56:

Twisty, Dublin Celt and TheHappyLoss like this.
  15. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Could be March before we see him again :55:

MickeyyMack likes this.
  16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Hawd yer horses

B56D6B6C-E3A1-47FA-B40A-B38D66413CBD.jpeg

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song: