1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts 1 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 22, 2022.

Discuss Hearts 1 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Someone needs to yell in Beaton's face if that happens, hold him accountable with the world to see.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    No free kicks at goal by Bitton please, and he needs to improve his skills at corner kicks and start scoring with powerful and accurate headers. He needs to use his height to his team's advantage.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    For the new boys Hammy, do us the pleasure of explaining the' nicknames 'of these other clubs in the SPL. Why Diets for starters ?

4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Would like to see Kenny on the bench, and play in the last 15 mins. His speed and directness could well catch them out with a goal or a penalty decision.

5. Shane1888

I'm sure it's been said already but I fear that this is going to be a kicking match, which is the last thing we need right now.

Given the injuries we've already sustained and players on international duty, we absolutely cannot afford to lose any more key players between now and the end of the season.

Hart
    Ralston CCV Starfelt Scales
    Bitton
    Juranovic O'Riley Hatate Jota
    Giakoumakis
    I think this is the best way to line up, given that McGregor is more than likely going to miss this game and the weekend game. We'll be very lucky if he's fit to the play against the new club a week tomorrow.

Rogic, Kyogo and Maeda are undoubtedly huge misses and I'm not sure how fit Abada is either.

People will say there's no real width in that team, but I'd rather have that extra DM in there going to Tynecastle.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I fear the quality of refereeing will again be suspect. It is as if red cards do not exist in the SPL and the refs ignore the fact that they have a duty of care to protect players from violent play on the pitch.

The Celtic board need to put in a protest to the Scottish FA on behalf of their employees on the pitch as this is also an Occupational Health and Safety concern. We do not need crippling injuries sustained on the pitch and have them fobbed off as part of the 'traditional Scottish game', or the lame excuse of 'an honest mistake' being made by the ref. These people are paid to make a professional judgement, not pander to home ground support.

I am sure Ange is raging inside, with the injuries we sustained at Alloa. However I believe he does not want to feed the press mania for controversy by saying anything publically. It will only shift his focus from the games ahead and distract him with a lot of talk he does not need.

It is up to the club to speak up.

kramer1 and thefutebollover like this.
  7. thefutebollover

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota and Kyogo
    I’ve only started watching Scottish football this season and I have to agree. I’ve actually been shocked at how different the standards of refereeing in Scotland and the rest of Europe are.

I know that sometimes soft fouls are given in England and the rest of Europe but it’s better than seeing players getting the crap kicked out of them and nothing happening. There have been countless times that I’ve seen no cards given for something that should be a yellow card or even a red card.

Watching the referees in Scotland is like going back in time where violence on the pitch was basically accepted.

8. john2061

Going by big Ang body language after the game he didn't look happy at all and think maybe the board have said to keep a silence as they keep a dossier of red cards that should have happened this season and may hit the SFA with it soon enough and say explain these incidents and what's getting done about it .

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Can't disagree that his direct free kick's on goal have been poor. Unfortunately right now there is nobody in the team at all who looks like they can be consistently dangerous in these situations. Juranovic maybe worth a go if we get some free kicks in good spots tomorrow. As for scoring at corners it would be nice but I don't see it. Biton is decent in the air but has never been dominant despite his size in either box in the air. Given how short we are otherwise his height helps but it is not like he has ever been a dominant aerial presence.

10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Listened to the phone in last night and again...not surprised at how stupid huns and presenters are.
    one phoned in to say they're just incompetent.

There is evidence that Beaton is an orange hun * and there are others backed up with evidence.
    I was screaming in my head with it man

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hoops are Celtic as we wear green and white hoops.

Diets are Hearts as they're not full fat huns like the huns are. They're the huns of Edinburgh.

12. Dip 'n' Swerve

as much as the league and the system is becoming even more toxic in terms of decision making - the general team over the last 3-4 years has became incredibly soft, we need to learn to stand up for ourselves, learn to mix it up and bully teams, be nasty when we need to be, get in faces, play smart and learn to kill games early.

if you sit and be mr nice teams will exploit you especially away from home.

every game from now until the end of the season are cup finals and they need approached in that manner.

We need two early goals to take the sting from this game - massive massive game and a lot of players who play on the periphery need to stand and be counted tomorrow.

we have nothing to fear at all!

13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Ok, we are learning here. Aberdeen, Dundee etc ?

14. JamesM09

Aberdeen are the sheep, because they fornicate with sheep. (Sheep-shaggers)

Not sure what we call Dundee. They voted Yes so do we consider them sound for the time being?

I think the only really hated clubs are sevco and hearts. Kilmarnock is full of Huns so usually don’t like them. I think St. Mirren is a Hunnish club.

George Theodorou likes this.
  15. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Dundee United are the Arabs because their pitch was crap and always covered in sand in the 70s/80s.

George Theodorou likes this.
  16. Dip 'n' Swerve

win for Wim Jansen - stopped the 10 and delivered Henrik hail hail * bless you

Tommy25, bobs1974, Mr Diggler and 3 others like this.
  17. mayo

Hart
    Ralston CCV Scales Juranovic
    Bitton
    Hatate O'Riley
    Forrest GG Jota

2-0 Celtic

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Massive game, where the "referee" will be watched like a hawk. But only for the benefit of one side.

Fully expect us to get kicked off the pitch again, seeing as Neilson is a contemptible * and hes likely to think, "hey, wee bazza got away with it, why not".

Not the "dress rehearsal" for the Huns some might think. Different game, different teams, same filth only.

A MASSIVE 3 points up for grabs that will inject alot of belief back into the players after the absolute wheel barrow of dog * news thats been dumped on us recently.

* do them Celtic.

Do them long.

Do them hard.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    In fairness to St Mirren if they are a hunish club they have a heck of a lot of Irish players and an Irish manager currently so maybe they have seen the light:)

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Post of the day!

Dan Breen likes this.