1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Anticipation was the pervading emotion at Celtic Park on Monday night against Hibernian as the crowds returned in the hope of invigorating performances from the new intake helping to deliver a vital three points in the first game of 2022.

That those wishes were delivered in nothing short of spectacular style was boosted by the unexpected but definitely more-than-welcome and timely return of Portuguese ace, Jota to the action.

We all feared the worst when he pulled up in the 1-0 win over Hearts at the beginning of December and limped off in the 72nd minute – but when the other half of the Edinburgh twosome arrived on Monday, he made an appearance in the 82nd minute and added to an already memorable occasion.

That his return was greeted with a new song from the vocal airwaves within Paradise just put the cream on the cake, and the winger was delighted with the new addition to the matchday repertoire at Celtic.

Speaking to Celtic TV, Jota said: “Yes I’ve heard it. Some friends of mine sent me it through Whatsapp. There’s actually a funny story because it’s an adaptation of one song from O-Zone, and when I was younger I remember I listened to that song a lot of times.

“Nowadays the Celtic fans are doing that, but for me it was really good and it just reminded me of my childhood and those memories and now, in this moment, it’s really good.

“I think they were with me when I was younger, they knew that I was listening to this music!”

Jota received a standing ovation from the Paradise faithful when Ange Postecoglou gave him the go-ahead to enter the fray, and that reception meant almost as much as the opportunity to make a comeback for the player.

He said: “It’s really good to be back. I was looking to this moment for a while and now that I’m with the team, I just want to start to play and to help them win games and just be with the lads

‘The standing ovation was really good. I’ve never had that so good like that.’

“I think that says a lot of what Celtic is and what Celtic fans are for us, and for the community, for the country.

“I was just so happy when that happened, but the work keeps on and I have to do much more.

Hot on the heels of his return, Jota received another surprise, this one later than usual rather than early, as he was presented with the SPFL Player of the Month award for November and, as successful as that month was for the Celt, he aims for the coming months to be even more fruitful for him and his team-mates.

To that end, he hopes to be involved on Saturday in the Scottish Cup at Alloa, and he is obviously keen to add that particular trophy to the haul this season.

Jota said: “Everything we are into, we just want to win, no matter if it’s playing cards or if it’s playing in the championship, or if it’s playing in the Europa League, we just want to win.

“We are very competitive and that’s another chance for us to show what we have, and to do our football.”

17:30

craigtheceltic likes this.
  2. Darksel Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully the whole stadium sings his song and it convinces him to stay

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56: :56: :56:

Mr Shelby and Valhalla like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So true it really is a face palm moment putting that out there.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The decision will always rest with the player, no one can force him to sign for Celtic whether there is a option to buy or not. It was mooted that if Celtic wanted him they could have him after the loan spell was over, that's clearly not the case.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's different level.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Lewis Kerr

He was taking the * out of them in the first couple of minutes. Probably realised that keeping it up would've resulted in a broken leg or something though.

Huge to have him back.

Artorias likes this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hope she's no got covid

TheHappyLoss and Keano88 like this.
  11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We absolutely need to wrap him up in cotton wool, an injury to him and our season is over.

He needs to start against Hearts, but no way would I be risking him against Dundee United.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was the best player on the park yesterday. Played about half an hour only aswell.

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm sure he got clattered by the guy who rattled Guchi as soon as he came on.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Inexplicably the ref brought it back when we were away and then still failed to book the player who'd been skinned bad..

Answer's on a postcard please........

Artorias and Hammy89 like this.
  17. Keano88

:56:

Man, our luck is ridiculously bad so wouldn’t rule it out.

Mr Shelby and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. TheHappyLoss

Probably in a minority but I think that Jota song is *. :97: I’ll still sing it though :52:

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Going to be massive for us, really hope the acclaim doesn't go to his head, he was a bit 'showboaty' at times I felt on Sat..

Just needs to continue being clinical..

Starting tomorrow night.

20. Lewis Kerr

Don't think it will mate

I love a bit of showboat. Jota is capable of delivering G/A either way I think. Could've had one the other day with that lovely cross for Maeda.

JC Anton likes this.