1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Great debut but his pressing was terrifying at times. Fortunately it never happened but was thinking he was going to pick up some cards. Think it's an eagerness to impress.

martin_d and Pacific Ocean Blue like this.
  4. Paradise88

I like how he presses the keeper into rushing his kick in the hopes it put him off. Griffith's used to do it alot. It's just daizen nearly got the ball off him too.

Tommy25 and martin_d like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wllm likes this.
  6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Some strikers can't buy a goal and here he is...just casually decided he was going to score lol

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

When Daizen Maeda woke up on the morning of the Hibernian match, something unusual took over him.

Knowing he was about to make his Celtic debut, the Japanese striker was hit with a feeling of nervousness as he thought about entering the Paradise pitch for the first time.

Nerves are not something that the 24-year-old admits to dealing with regularly, but even if he was feeling it, he certainly didn’t show it, scoring within five minutes to help seal a 2-0 win and cap a debut to remember.

But the goal was no surprise to Maeda, who convinced himself that he would cap his first appearance in the Hoops with his first strike.

Speaking after his goalscoring debut, Maeda said: “I’m very happy to score and contribute to the team. I’m looking forward to the next few games and contributing more.

“I was nervous before the game but I thought I could score a goal and I’m very happy to be here. I usually don’t get nervous but fortunately I could convert that feeling into good energy.

'Before the game, I decided I would score a goal. I received a good pass from my team-mate and I just finished.'

“I have to score a lot of goals. If not, the team can’t reach to become champions and I want to be a player who can lead Celtic.”

Ange Postecoglou's side kicked off 2022 with a 2-0 win over Hibernian in front of a packed Pardise, with Josip Juranovic converting a penalty to add to Maeda's opening goal. And getting his first experience of Celtic Park exceeded the Japanese striker's expectations.

Now with the first game done, the former Yokohama F. Marinos player will continue to improve to ensure he can keep pushing the team forward.

Working with the manager previously in Japan is something that is of benefit to Maeda, but he believes that alone doesn’t guarantee his success as a Celt.

“If we want to be champions, we have to be a good team and we have to keep scoring, no matter who plays,” he said.

“I know the manager but that doesn’t mean I can always be playing. There’s competition inside the team and in training. I have to show my quality, but I know his style very well and I know we can play much better.

'I’m a player with heart. I want to show how I fight against the other team to all the fans.'

“All my team-mates have impressed me and we’ve had good training sessions.

“Now, if we can continue to play together on more occasions then we can play much better than we are now.”

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and AussieGreek like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Japan game is 10 am kick off next Thursday. So you'd assume players will be expected to be there 2 or 3 days before the game to train with squad Still no squad announced. Giving players and clubs 2 or 3 days notice to travel half way around the world. They should be told to * off if they can't give better notice than that

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Might be a blessing maybe they are being told no travel in from int players

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Can't wait to see him with some space to run into. He is * rapid.

Agathe levels, maybe faster. Olly Burke despite being * was pretty rapid and is the fastest I'd seen in recent times but think this guy will blow every * out the water.

Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Cha Du Ri was up there as well :56:

Agathe was unreal fast though

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Hopefully but wouldn't hold my breathe as Aussies play at same time and haven't announced their squad either yet their gaffer has pretty much said Rogic will be in it.

Taking the * with how long it's taking them to announce the squads. European nations squads are announced at least 2 weeks before it

15. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Only Maeda called up. Still have Hatate and Ideguchi.

Zander likes this.
  16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Called up.

Kyogo, Reo and Guchi aren't in the squad

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Based on what we saw on Monday having Reo is huge. Lets just hope that Kyogo's injury is not going to keep him out as well.

Just reading Ange's comments on Kyogo's injury now and pretty clear there we should assume he won't make February 2nd.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Zander likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats not bad, we've got off lightly here. Can play the boy against aloa now if he's not already on a flight. May's well get him burnt out for Japan :fear:

Twisty likes this.
  19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would still start Giakoumakis and hopefully he gets on the scoresheet and has good game and then get him off for Daizen to finish the game out.

King of Kings and Graeme1888 like this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    That's baws