1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Conor Hazard

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, Jun 29, 2017.

Discuss Conor Hazard in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Wow BTW.

How bad is that

Not only do I think there wasn't any contact...OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!..the ref then proceeds to give a penalty

HUNbelievable

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    * sake, where do you begin with that. Cheating scum

3. john2061

Where's the linesman there to tell this * yeah we like to cheat this mob but we can't cheat that much as that's two yards outside the box and looked he didn't even touch him .
    The whole lot of mason cheating *'s need cleaned out but will never see that happen till who decides who comes a grade one ref without looking at what team they support or a organisation they are in but how good a ref they are without looking at the background .

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Actually sums up Scottish Refs.
    Disgraceful decision.

5. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Ffs...Must be where the player lands:fear:
    Absolutely shocking:eek1:

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Thats the worst decision Ive ever seen!

He just walks away like 'Aye very good ref'

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I saw last minute penalty and knew it would be something dodgy..

I don't think I've seen a worse decision in my life, ever. Scandalous..

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The tackle happens in a different postcode from the 18 yard box. :56:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. GavCFC1

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good news, hope he does well and they give us an offer we cannot refuse.

martin_d likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The nearly two-meter Northern Ireland national team goalkeeper Conor Hazard comes from Celtic FC between the poles of HJK. “HJK and Celtic have worked well together in the past and I believe this loan agreement is good for all of us,” commented Ange Postecoglou, Celtic’s manager.

HJK, Celtic FC and goalkeeper Conor Hazard , 23, have signed a loan agreement for the period 2022.

- Great to be here. I can’t wait to get started, says Conor Hazard.

- When I first heard about the transfer, I learned that Helsinki is a beautiful place to live and that HJK Helsinki is Finland's largest club. This is a great opportunity for me to show off my skills.

- It's an honor to be in such a great company. The club has tough goals for this year. I can hardly wait for Malta to get started.

Hazard, a goalkeeper for the Northern Ireland national team, is a player for Celtic FC, the Scottish Grand Club. He entered the Celtic Junior Academy from Cliftonville Football & Atheltic Club in 2014. As a Celtic player, he played on loan agreements at Falkirk FC, Partick Thistle FC and most recently Dundee FC from 2019-20.

As Celtic’s goalkeeper, Conor Hazard, who is almost two meters tall, has five matches in his account in the Scottish Premier League in 2021-21 and the Scottish Cup Final 2020, where he played a decisive role in Celtic winning the Heart of Midlothian penalty shootout.

Conor Hazard has been representing the youth national teams of Northern Ireland since the U16 national team. He made his debut on the men’s national team in 2018 and has been on the team ever since.

HJK is a familiar opponent to Hazard from the UEFA Youth League when HJK U19 played against Celtic in the fall of 2015. Hazard was on the bench for a 1-1 draw in Glasgow.

At the national team level, Hazard played for the goal of Northern Ireland when Finland and Northern Ireland faced Finland in a match that ended in a 3-2 victory in the U21 Euro qualifiers in the autumn of 2020. Hugo Keto played for Finland at the time .

Conor Hazard's long-term goal is to become Celtic FC's number one goalkeeper. The loan agreement with HJK serves this purpose excellently.

- This is a good move for Conor. He’s getting a good chance to get playing time and I’m sure he’ll stick to it for the coming season. We believe that HJK Helsinki is a great environment for him, comments Ange Postecoglou , manager of Celtic FC .

- I know that HJK and Celtic have worked well together before and I believe that this loan agreement is good for all of us. We wish Conor all the best!

Welcome to Clubs, Conor!

13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Good move for hi.

Big club in Finland and expected to win and compete so good luck to him

Sydneysider, Taz and martin_d like this.
  14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good move, hopefully gets more gametime and experience and at a club, like Celtic, where there is the pressures and expectations of producing and winning, so definitely a win-win here.

Sydneysider and greengrocer like this.
  15. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good move for all concerned by the look of it.

James Mc and Sydneysider like this.
  16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Great opportunity for him! The Finns are a bunch of fine people, need a bit of time to connect to them but then you'll have the most loyal friends! And Helsinki is beautiful during summers. If it's not raining the whole time. That said, he lived in Glasgow so should be better anyways :giggle1:

17. saltire78

* great move this! Proper competition for the spot and great development if he holds it, and we hopefully either get a more rounded player back next year, an extension for 6-12months more or he's in the window for a sale.

Interesting to see if we stick with Bain and the new youth keeper, or buy a backup

Sydneysider and NomDePlum like this.
  18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hazard has something about him that given the right opportunity may really pay off for us.

Him playing in the top league and top league of Finland would be amazing. Fingers crossed he can make the no. 1 spot his own.

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Foley1888

I don’t see him coming back being honest. I think he will be a decent keeper for someone but not us. I wouldn’t be surprised if HJK have an option to buy him at the end of the loan.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Confident Conor Hazard has moved to freezing Finland but is determined not to be left out in the cold at Celtic.

The Northern Ireland international goalkeeper is currently with HJK Helsinki in his fifth loan spell away from the Hoops.

Hazard’s contract at Parkhead expires in the summer of 2023 but he won’t give up on his dream of being the long term No. 1 at his boyhood heroes.

The 23-year-old joined the Veikkausliiga champions after dropping down the pecking order.

Joe Hart is the established first pick with Scott Bain recently signing a new deal while Vasilis Barkas could be heading for the exit.

Tobi Oluwayemi was also promoted to the first team and and Hazard said: “I am at the point in my career where I need regular game time because at the end of the day my main aim is to be Celtic ’s number one goalkeeper

It’s a fantastic opportunity for me to come here and show what I can do and I’ve heard that Helsinki is a beautiful place to live as well

“Their style of football and the way they play seems to be similar to Celtic. They’re one of the biggest clubs in Finland and the amount of pressure they have on them every week is similar to what Celtic have and you need to perform and win every single game.

“It’s a great move for me and I’ll be able to build on what it’s going to be like at home. I’ve spent some time on loan at Partick Thistle and Dundee previously but this is definitely the most different loan that I’ve had so far in my career as It’s currently -5 here and it’s snowing like mad.

“It’s a completely different change of scenery but I’m really looking forward to playing in a new footballing environment and learning the way of life here and hopefully that will help me grow as a person and as a footballer as well.

“I’ve been a Celtic fan all my life and the club means everything to me. I used to get up at 5am to get the boat from Larne to Stranraer and then drive to Celtic Park, sometimes not getting home until 3am.

“My ambition is to be Celtic’s number one, so until the day I am told otherwise, I’ll be here competing for that jersey.”

Hazard admits he loved life under Ange Postecoglou despite struggling to break into his first-team and learned a lot from former England regular Hart, who’s been ever present between the sticks this season.

He continued: “Since the gaffer came in it’s been very, very good and I’ve personally loved every minute.

“He implemented his own style of football which everyone at the club loves. Joe (Hart) has come in as well and he’s been a big character around the club and to work alongside him every day has been an absolute privilege

I know that I am still young and have a lot to learn and the only way I am going to be able to do that is by getting regular game time so going out on loan was the best decision for me at this moment in time. Hopefully, I’ll come back next year with more games under my belt and we will see what happens.”

Hazard realised his dream when he played a big hand - quite literally - in helping Celtic win a unique quadruple treble.

He became a Parkhead hero in only his third game for the club as he saved two penalties in the shootout against Hearts in the Scottish Cup final to help the Hoops to unprecedented history at Hampden.

Hazard had a memorable month between December 2020 and January 2021, making his European and Scottish Premiership debut before retaining the position for the Scottish Cup victory over Hearts

He also went on to start another six fixtures before being completely left out as Neil Lennon’s tenure came to an abrupt end.

A combination of injuries and timing saw him lift a trophy with his Celtic career in its infancy, and it’s a high the goalkeeper is desperate to sample again.

Reflecting on that momentous day, Hazard said: “When I was playing in the first-team last year it meant a lot to me and it was a surreal experience.

“It was a really proud moment for me and all my family back home. Being a part of that has given me more of a drive and determination to get that first-team spot back. It was something that I will never forget.

“It was an unbelievable day. To be trusted with that opportunity and to save two penalties in a Cup final was a dream come true and it is something that I will never forget. It was honestly one of the best days of my life so far.”

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022