1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't see it that way. For me it's more a case of him only going for players he knows can fit into his style and are ready to go now. And if he can't get those players he actually wants at the moment, for whatever reason (clubs not wanting to sell mid season for example), he would rather wait and get the right player in the summer than buy someone now for the sake of it. I don't have a problem with that, even if it means being stuck with Taylor for now.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd say if we lose all those then I'd probably be looking at getting another CM in, someone younger and maybe more of a project. As it Bitton, McCarthy and Soro all go that does leave you short on more natural defensive minded players in there.

Luca Connell whenever Ive seen him I have been impressed, still only 20. I feel like he needs a better loan move than Queens Park.

3. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    Guys, was on MK Dons fan forum re O’Riley
    They rate him very highly and reckon we have goy an absolute steal.

4. Keano88

Would be the best window we’ve had in many years.

We’d finally be heading into a European campaign with a proper squad, no makeshift defences with Bitton and Montgomery having to start.

Funnily enough we might not have to worry about qualifiers next season anyway :fear:

Pearse67* and JC Anton like this.
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ange is building for next season already...refreshing

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If he's played a RB at LB for nearly every big game, I'm sure he recognises the need for a LB..

It may be one of those last minute deals, where Bolingoli leaves and we bring in a quality loan (to buy)..

However, the likes of McCarthy, Soro etc don't seem to be a barrier to midfield strengthening.

charlietully and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Ange seems to like Taylor for some reason

JC Anton likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Tbh I wouldn't be arsed about anyone else rest of the window if we can secure at least one of CCV and Jota...with focus on the latter before he rips it up second half of the season.

Rydo1888*, Hammy89 and JC Anton like this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I like him myself, he follows the way Ange wants to play to the letter..

But, he lacks that bit of quality that we need, the perfect deputy...

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we sigh Jota and Carter-Vickers, a loan to buy would make a lot of sense for a left back..

Would be enticing for whoever we're after as well, if they're in the same mould as the above ie....good, youngish player's no getting a look in at their club's..

We need a strong left back in my opinion. Would add so much to us, and wouldn't leave us with an obvious weak link area to be exploited with just a simple ball over the top..

JC Anton likes this.
  11. jambo_cfc

yeah i thought at startof the season he was the one who seemed to puck up anges style quickest and also kyogo looked good on the left when he played because of it. Its when taylor got injured kyogo didnt look as good on the left

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Kyogo much more potent in the centre tho.. But aye Taylor adapted to the new FB role, really quickly.

13. Foley1888

That’s why I feel we should be active in the pre-contracts market. See now our squad is taking shape we probably only need 4 players or so in the summer rather than a large turnover. If two or three of them are already signed it would free up funds for the other one or two.

I would say as things stand and if we sign CCV and Jota. We are probably a left back, Centre back, versatile centre mid (if we lose the three you mention above and none of the young guys are ready to step up) and another versatile forward away from the best team we have had for a long time.

If you got Bazoer or Onguene who both fit the profile for our team as mobile centre backs although not left footed, Kofod Andersen a very good all round centre midfielder only 22 with big sell on and Gudmundssen or Siriki Dembele just for names you would only need to spend on a left back.

You could even try bring one or two in the now for a modest fee.

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Would that take us to 17?

Mr Shelby likes this.
  15. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Liam Shaw is really gonna need to impress on loan because Ange has already replaced his role as lanky midfielder who is surprisingly agile and good on the ball with O'Riley :giggle1:

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

With the new midfield additions(still won't relax until latest is announced) think it's unlikely we'll see Turnbull and Rogic in the same midfield much, it may be one or the other.. Both have so much to offer but neither really has a relentless intensity about their game..

The competition for places now in the middle of the park will make or break Turnbull imo, Rogic will thrive too as the big man's class has been back with abundance this season.

17. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    I think they're setting up for a Turnball exit in the summer for the EPL.

18. Foley1888

You know that thought crossed my mind. He will have 2 years left on his deal so probably be at peak value if he finishes the season well.

Already had suitors last summer, and his agent is the same as Christie and Armstrong who our old regime at least had a strained relationship with and a history of wanting them to go to EPL rather than sign better terms with us.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we were thinking of offering Turnbull a new deal and if he stalls on it we may consider bids in the summer.

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I wouldn’t be against it as i know Ange will make good use of the money

Twisty likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'll back Turnbull tbh.

I still really like him and think he has a level to go to yet, and his numbers for us are still ahead of Rogic. He's played a * of a lot of football, Turnbull, it sounds weird but a slight injury and rest may not be the worst thing.

Hammy89, Dannybhoy81 and JC Anton like this.