1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah, but Juranović has only started playing LB under Ange. Hatate has never settled in one position. If he were any taller, he could play CB, and then, he'd have done the full Ruud Gullit.:56::84:

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s a centre mid. So says the man who signed him and will be picking his position on the pitch.

3. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Interesting that Charlotte FC sporting director Zoran Krneta's comments echo Ange's on Riley McGree:

He told The Athletic : “From day one, myself and the rest of the leadership of this club have been saying that we want players who want to be here.

“We want hungry players who want to be here, who want to be a part of this incredible journey that we’re starting.

"Riley McGree has become a better player and then decided that he doesn’t really want to come back to us unless he has to.

"And that wasn’t good enough for us. We didn’t like that.

"We didn’t like the player who is coming because we are persuading him to come. We want the player to really come here and play for this club and be part of this history.

"And the moment it was clear that he had doubts, I started looking into options.”

Best of luck to him, but from our perspective it was absolutely the correct decision to walk away from this one.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No, nothing to do with the record or anything like that, its a Japanese expert (already mentioned this on another thread) who has decent reputation by all accounts, been over there 20/30 years.

He said his main position is wide on the left, says he only filled in at lb as defending aint his strong point. Said he can play in various positions but he said wide left was his main position.

Alan Gibson - already gave is what to expect from Kyogo before it happened.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Was involved in a Australian national team * scandal a few years ago as well. Think the wee * is trouble

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ange, confirmed he was an attacking midfielder..

He's flexible but he's definitely central, can see him in the engine room with McGregor.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We've not half had some absolute roasters on this thread and the Ange one over the last week. If its not somebody calling out positive comments on Ange, or making accusations that he's thrown his toys out the pram, it's another who completely ignores what he's said about a player and inserts their own viewpoint.

Ange has said Hatate has been brought in as a midfielder, so that's where he'll play, it's not rocket science.

8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    What would Ange know? Don’t you know the social media team select the football team :fear:

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ange, our manager, has already said Hatate is a centre mid/attacking mid.

Honestly haven’t heard a single journalist saying he’s a left winger. Heard one saying he started there in university football 4 or 5 years ago but he’s found his position in midfield.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Time to sort that out.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/christmas-toot/id348889102?i=1000547016302

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The only negative about last night is that with that performance from the starting 11, the strength of the bench and some big names to come back I'd be astounded if we brought in anyone else now.

Its a positive negative. (I'd sill like a LB)

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s some feeling to have a bit of depth and not be * ourselves when one player is out.

Hammy89 and Twisty like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We need our standard January deadline day loan.

Garrymac1888 and Hammy89 like this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Join the queue Garry

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just seeing this. Cheers but I'm not listening to a 40 minute podcast for something you've already told me he's said.:giggle1:

Strange, though. Every other journo has said he's a midfielder who has played other positions to fill in. According to Transfermarkt he played 2 games last season at left wing. The other 36 spread between midfield and left back.

16. Foley1888

I would be keen to sign the South Korean winger we were linked with around October/ November time, Min-Kyu Song. He seems like an Ange type player, high energy, high work rate presser, scores goals and creates assists and is quick and fairly robust in his dribbling style. He’s also good in the air for being under 6ft.

He’s still only 22 so plenty of time to develop further and is already a full international. Started to find his feet with his new team at the end of the campaign helping them win the league, 2 goals and 2 assists in the last 5 games.

He is also meant to have a release clause meaning he can be signed for between £1-1.5m so could be another bargain. Only negative is he is right footed the same as all our other options but has played both left wing and right wing, although predominantly left.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. john2061

With hazard now on loan and hopefully barkas off loaded somewhere I would hope we bring in another keeper and a left back and that would be a great window .
    If Hart was to get a long term injury I wouldn't be confident with Bain playing nine or ten games till he came back and would like a better back up keeper to Hart and a better left back than Taylor .

18. Foley1888

I have gave up hope on a keeper with Bain signing a new deal. Even if Barkas goes I think the two guys for the B team will be viewed as third choice options.

I would love a new left back but again not sure we are going to get one.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ange seems to rate Owulayemi, particularly his ability with the ball as well. Can see him creeping into the picture over the next couple years.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Matt O'Riley..