1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kerr McInroy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JML67, Sep 22, 2020.

Discuss Kerr McInroy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

It looks like it won't be here ,however I feel he will do well and there will be questions as to why he was let go if that actually happens.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nah, he got a really bad injury that put him out for a year. A torn anterior cruciate ligament injury..

He was destined for our first team before that in my opinion but that's what done him..

Liam Scales and Graeme1888 like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Superb. Not sure I've seen a goal like that before!

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Decent goal from him.

NomDePlum likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That's a cracker, I could see it being on the goal of the season list, not a winner but I can see it getting to the votes

9. joemc

Always believed he was the new cal mac , probably more down to his goals from midfield, injuries have halted his progress, hope he still has a chance to prove himself here .

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always had a great strike on him. One of those player's that can put it top bin with no back-lift..

Shame he was * with a couple of bad injuries as he'd probably be getting a look in for us now..

Had a bit of everything..

Glad to see him shining now on loan..

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Seems to be really stepping up now..

Probably won't be here now at 21 but he'll likely have a good career in the top flight elsewhere..

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would like to see the numbers of players who’ve passed through our academy and made top flight appearances whether for us or other teams

martin_d likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic midfielder Kerr McInroy has a huge decision to make on his future on Monday, but hasn't ruled out a return to Airdrie.

The 21-year-old has been outstanding during a six-month loan from the Parkhead club, scoring four times, and admits he has been enjoying his football.

But with a contract expiring in the summer, McInroy has to make a big decision on what his next step is.

He said: "I'm heading back in to Celtic on Monday, and then I'll make my decision from there.

"I don't know where I'm going to be, to be honest, but I could eventually end up coming back here - you never know.

I've really enjoyed my time here, I've loved every second of it

I've really loved my time here, it probably couldn't have gone any better.

I scored a few goals and really enjoyed my football, so I'm going back in to sort out what's happening, but I would never close the door on here, because I've loved every minute of it.

The most important thing about being here is enjoying it, I'm playing well and scoring a few goals and the team is winning, which obviously helps, so I've been buzzing with it all."

McInroy's last game of the loan spell was in today's 3-0 win at home to East Fife, with goals from Jordan Allan, Adam Frizzell and Dylan Easton in a first-half master-class, and the midfielder enjoyed it.

He said: "I thought we started the game well and got the early goal, which makes a difference.

"We knocked the ball about, everyone was enjoying it, and it was really comfortable for us, especially in the first half.

They probably had a couple of chances through our sloppiness, but we were well in control and the goals showed it.

We probably could have gone on to score a couple more, but we did well.

"We're playing some good stuff at the moment and that's four wins in a row, especially in this league, which is hard to do, and it's brilliant

All the boys are buzzing, everyone gets on really well with each other, and everyone kind of bounces off each other, and you can see that on the pitch as well."

Assistant boss Scott Agnew, who stepped in for Ian Murray as he self-isolates, said: "I would love to get Kerr back

Kerr is a fantastic boy, first and foremost, and a fantastic player.

"He's going back in to Celtic, we'll keep in touch both with him and Celtic, and see what we can do."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  16. Foley1888

Based on the form he hit with Airdrie he should be looking to at least step up to Championship again if not a bottom six PL team, St Johnstone wanted Shaw should offer them McInroy.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Airdrie manager Ian Murray says he is keen to bring Celtic's Kerr McInroy back to the Diamonds - but it must work for everybody.

The midfielder impressed at the League One club following his arrival in October and scored two eye-catching goals against Alloa and Queen's Park prior to his loan expiry

In total he played 13 times with four goals and three assists but is back with Celtic to mull over his future. His deal at Parkhead expires this summer and McInroy has previously stated he sees no long-term future there.

Murray has made it clear to McInroy and Celtic that he wants the midfielder back as part of his plans, but knows his form will have attracted interest elsewhere.

He said: "Kerr's done great. He's done really well for us and I think we have done really well for him. We've given him his appetite back and his hunger for football.

He's got momentum which is huge for any young player. We have dialogue with Celtic and with Kerr. We'll continue to have that. At the moment, he's away back.

It has to work for Kerr, for Celtic and for us. I think ourselves and Celtic are on the same page and hopefully in the next seven or 10 days we can have more positive news

Kerr's played a couple of positions and he's got a good drive. He's taken the platform we have given him. You have got to be careful at 21 or 22 with where you go as playing football is so important

We will have to wait and see what happens there but we won't get into too much of a fluster over it. If it's not to be, it's not to be. We will try and find another one."

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Rumoured to be going to Ayr Utd on loan

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic midfielder Kerr McInroy will join a Championship club this deadline day in a blow for Airdrie.

The League One side were keen to bring him back to North Lanarkshire after an impressive loan stint in the first half of this season.

Diamonds manager Ian Murray has made no secret of his desire to keep McInroy until the end of the season at least but warned he couldn't wait forever.

He now appears to have lost the race, with Lanarkshire Live Sport understanding that Celtic are set to send their young talent to the league above.

McInroy scored four goals with three assists in 13 Airdrie matches after joining in October

His deal at Parkhead expires in the summer but the midfielder has already revealed his long-term future lies away from the Hoops.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good news if this new loan deal means he is playing at a higher level for the next 6 months.