1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    On another note, I think he may be laying down the law to the board, ie. Past transfer behaviour.

Its clear from his comments that HE regards himself as running our transfer business. That any player of some DD list from the board isnt on his radar.
    That if HE spots a player he wants then HE is the one to figuratively pull the trigger.

Which, if accurate, would be * sensationally good news. No more managers' budgets being eaten away by DD punts or board speculative signings that the manager doesn't * want.

A la. McGreed, he makes perfectly clear that his agent was inviting a wage war. His "we decided not to go ahead as well". The agent if McGreed himself were obviously trying to rinse us for a player who wouldnt have made the first 11 on a regular basis. And we just said na, on your bike.

Weve literally pished away scores of millions in the past decade on muck that wasnt good enough, or indeed stealing a wage.

I dont even think its weird anymore that everytime Ange speaks I get a semi.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As most did, I've grown to love the lad and think he's doing a great job and I'm very confident in the new players he has identified.

However, those comments, to be so clear and vocal, about no more signings, that we aren't actively looking/talking to anyone, is a worry.

Sure he may be trying to play a game with the media, but that clarity to get his point across is pretty strong.

Either he believes the squad is fine as it is and we aren't actively chasing anyone else now.
    Or he's lying to the media and us now.

It's one thing to play the media but it's to be remembered, this is how he's communicating with the support as well.

My biggest concern about not actively chassing another signing is the need for at least a left back and potentially an attacking mid/striker

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Fallsmaces

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    If you listen closely to Ange's words he hasn't entirely ruled out other signings in this window.

I also think he's not in the mood for being screwed around by player's agents.

A loan signing wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    * Boyd scored more goals than Henke, doesnt mean much.

Our defence is *, it gets away with all the mistakes in Scotland as most times the teams aint as good, Europe? Need I say more, what was it? The worst or 2nd worst in the competition?

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "no other offers"

"I'm quite happy with the squad and doubt we will bring anyone else in"

Of course he hasnt completely ruled out any more signings. It's life, we never know what tomorrow brings.

But he's said a couple of times and been very clear yesterday that we are not actively chassing anyone.

Which, if he's happy, that's great and we trust him. He has earned that trust.

However, most of us can see at least left back and an attacking mid/number 10 as being very important signings needed this window.
    So the fact we aren't actively in talks for anyone, is a worry.
    Because this club would have you believe it takes around 6 weeks to complete a signing, let alone just over 2 left in the window.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. oh bhoy

as positive and encouraged as i am about the 3 japanese lads (which perhaps foolishly is based on you tube and how good kyogo has been) ange cant possibly think that all our problems are solved. theres no point signing players for the sake of it and anyone we are looking to bring in should be better that what we have ,there is still a huge scope for improvement in certain areas.ange needs to be out making that happen

Peej likes this.
  7. Rogicisgod

Ange has form here. When he was coach of Brisbane Roar one of Australia's richest mining billionaires wanted to buy the club after his Gold Coast team went under.

Apparently the billionaire met with Ange and said I'm buying the club and these are the players from my old club I want to buy and bring into the team.

Ange said that's fine you can do all that but I won't be coaching the team and walked out. The billionaire * himself and bailed out of the deal. As it turned out he only wanted to buy tfhe club if Ange was coach because of the success he had built. But when he realised Ange wasn't going to do his bidding he pulled out of the deal full stop!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I honestly can't believe we are not signing anymore players we need another 3 minimum

9. KingArtur'1

As much as souttars not superb i'd take him on a free as cover. Need another CB

10. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Souttar is better than starfelt

11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Don’t worry Bhoys and Ghirls, this is just Ange bristling. He’s got the * no doubt, but if a deal is to be done he’ll be all over it.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Arguably we have enough cover on the wings..

Forrest
    Jota
    Abada
    Johnston
    Dembele
    Montgomery
    Moffat

And thy likes of..

Kyogo
    Maeda
    Juranovic
    Hatate

All able to play in wide forward positions, he may look to see what Dembele can do..

CAM & LB for me..

Peej likes this.
  13. Foley1888

I think the issue with the wings is that list of people

Forrest — not been fit for 18months now

Jota - Class player and the standout on the list not ours yet though.

Abada - has good output but quite inconsistent in terms of performance, a good option if Jota is left side who likes a lot of the ball but can’t be our main winger in the team as he can’t beat a player.

Johnston - needs a fresh start out on loan to find some form and get games. Not ready to be a Celtic player.

Montgomery and Moffat - not ready for Celtic first team both need a loan to a level above B team.

Dembele - exciting talent, no proof of what he can do in senior football and contract ticking down.

So say Forrest, Jota, Abada and Dembele as our 4, there is no left footer there, Dembele is yet to play meaningful minutes and Forrest needs to prove he won’t breakdown again.

The one wildcard is Maeda but like Abada you would want a dribbler on the other wing.

I think we could do with one more in preferably left footed or comfortable on either foot and a dribbler.

oh bhoy likes this.
  14. wulliebad

He did say...currently.
    Im wondering if that includes jota and ccv,i doubt we will sign both anyway....but the strong rumours on jota would have been nice to see happen.

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Don't think he was referring to them.

16. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Wouldn't be too upset if there are no more signings this window, the squad as is is good enough to overtake the huns fairly comfortably I'd say, the new guys will make a huge difference.

johnboy19 likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Only 3 of those wingers I have confidence in.

We need another. Montgomery for me is no winger.

Noskeil likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Montgomery getting loaned out

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, ideally mate..

20. BigDoggyWoofWoof

The way he's announced this seems like he can't handle the speculation. It's understandably embarassing that a player he coached turned us down for Middlesborough, as well as Jota presumably keeping his options open. But it just seems like toys out of the pram that statement. He's had enough so we've had our lot.