1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What excites me the most about the players we've bought in and players were linked with is they all bolster the squad. None of these McCarthy/Dawson/Shaw deals, they instantly add depth and quality. Hopefully will give Ange more options and a decent pool to rotate from, also the bench will be much stronger with much better tactical subs being made, rather than the limited options we had before Christmas.

bagforlife, Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  2. truedub1916

If we secure CCV and Jota on Permanent deals
    Then it also opens up the possibility of another couple of quality loans to come in

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on..

A couple of loan to buys hopefully meaning we can hold off til the summer with what we've put in during this window..

Or maybe a pre contract or two....meaning a small fee to be paid this month to get them in..

bagforlife, Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou won the fight for Riley McGree and then slammed the door shut on any fresh moves from Udinese for Stephen Welsh.

Postecoglou has already wrapped up a deal to sign Aussie McGree from Charlotte FC after Celtic were locked in talks with Major League Soccer over a £3million move.

The 23-year-old had been on-loan at Birmingham City and the English Championship outfit wanted to extend that agreement but they have now been trumped by fellow Australian Postecoglou.

The Celtic boss was personally involved with talks to land his countryman, who he previously called into the Australian national squad.

The Parkhead club now hope to get the paperwork and visa in place to get McGree across to Scotland as soon as they can.

Postecoglou and Celtic have also made it clear to Udinese that Welsh will not be leaving Parkhead in this window.

The Hoops are not in the market to let their Scotland under-21 captain leave and despite the Serie A side being keen on a loan or a £1.6million permanent transfer, neither was entertained.

Reports in Italy have stated that Udinese are set to come back in but if they do they will be met with the same dismissal as before for the Scotland under-21 captain.

Postecoglou wants Welsh to remain and to fight it out for one of the two central defensive positions.

The Scotland under-21 cap is in the mix alongside Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt and soon to be returning Christopher Jullien.

Welsh is rated highly and has recently signed a new long-term contract with his boyhood heroes that should keep him at Celtic Park until the summer of 2025.

Postecoglou still wants to add to his squad despite the signings of Red Hatate, Yosuke Ideguchi, Daizen Maeda and Irish youngster Johnny Kenny from Sligo Rovers.

Shabab Al Ahli’s Ghayedi, who can play as a striker or a winger certainly falls into that category.

He has been linked with Celtic for several months.

Celtic could also look to move some of their fringe players on like Ismaila Soro, who has been linked with New York Red Bulls, Albian Ajeti and Boli Bolingoli could all be moved on in this window.

OziBeerMan and bagforlife like this.
  5. villa82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mc Grain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On

6. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Makes me wonder that, when the club annonunced their review in december 2020, that the decision then could have been bring Ange in, and support him in the jan window, starting the revolution 6 months up, and 1 transfer window ahead.

Instead we waived a white flag, brought in a clown on loan and watched a tired team hobble over the line.

7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That's the most frustrating thing for me. The vast majority of the fans knew Lennon was not the man for the job and were against the decision to appoint him manager. If only we could have got big Ange in at that time or even midway through last season when it was so fecking obvious Lennon had lost the dressing room then we could have won the ten

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Im actually, truly, and completely * shocked by our behaviour in this window.

Something has DEFINITELY changed with the BoD mindset.

Either

-the moustachioed * has finally allowed the penny to drop on speculate to accumulate, and told the BoD to unlock the chastity belt around the money vag

- the last AGM put the * right up Bankier.

- Ange is a certified hypnotist.

- Ginger Zuckerberg dosnae * about and is willing to negotiate more on fees.

- Ange had bankier by the throat and threatened his balls.

- all of the above.

Either way, ima happy clapper atm

9. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    I wonder if the Iranian kid speaks English? Be interesting when Celtic tv interview him soon. McGree does.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The rumour about him appears to have been quashed.

Despite him following McGree on Instagram for some reason. Must admit that would suggest there's something to it...can't be that much of a coincidence.

11. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Ange is going in again with an upped offer I heard.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    A reporter from that side of the world has said there's been no bid whatsoever.

* knows. Not sure I'm overly excited by him.

13. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    I really like this Johnny Kenny kid, and Liam Dawson to be fair. Potential ballers.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's shaping up nicely, no doubt..

Hammy89 and Big Marn like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Won't happen and not really a priority..

But would we consider Ramsay from Aberdeen, maybe £3m+ add ons and loan back to Aberdeen for 18 months?

Think he's going to be a good one..

16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He may just be a celtic fan?

17. stevoEOS

I reckon he’ll go for more than that & so he should given what the huns got for Patterson.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not sure mate..

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If Aberdeen could have him back for a season and a half it may soften the value, but aye like I say probably won't happen..

In terms of Patterson, he's probably first pick for Scotland at RB now, Ramsey is only 18 with a lot of development ahead still, potential looks frightening tho.

stevoEOS likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think they should get as much as they can. Possibly double for his potential, which would rule us out.....although I doubt we're in for him with it being a strong area for us at present..

We'd be better looking for a left back, although I'd love Ramsay here. Very likely going to be the number one Scotland right back for year's to come in my opinion..

If it was doable, we should be all over it with a view to Juranovic wanting away within 2/3 year. Again, I'd expect Ramsay to be playing first team at quite a high level by then though..

JC Anton likes this.