1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ewan Henderson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 27, 2018.

Discuss Ewan Henderson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So what's your argument here, that anyone playing in Serie A or leagues of a similar level are good enough to play for us?

2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No “argument” :56: why has it got to be an argument debating something haha…no not anyone who plays in those leagues. Liam Henderson. Who we’re on about

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Calm it, argument is a synonym for reasoning. I'm asking you what your point is and I still don't know what it is.

You've said that because he plays in Serie A he must not be unathletic. Which doesn't make sense because loads of unathletic players play in top leagues. You've then tried to suggest he's at our level because he plays in a better league which again doesn't make sense because plenty of utter dross play in the top 5 leagues and wouldn't get near our squad.

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I’m talking about Liam Henderson and him being good enough to play for us. Not talking about any other player. Doesn’t matter tho this is the Ewan Henderson page, you take care

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Which he evidently isn't.

What a weird exchange.:giggle1:

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How is he evidently not? He’s playing week in week out for a team 9th in serie A beating Napoli, juve, fiorentina amongst others. You’re at it pal haha

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Playing for a midtable Serie A side does not automatically make you good enough for us. That's my point. Look at some of the players we've loaned from those types of leagues recently - Laxalt, Toljan, Duffy and Kenny. These leagues aren't just full of top players.

He's clearly kicked on and is doing well for himself, but this is his first season since leaving us where he's played consistently at a good level. Before this season he was kicking about from club to club in Serie B.

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Laxalt wasn’t playing regularly season and half before joining us, same for toljan. Duffy played for a team finishing 15th season before playing for us. Kenny played 4 games season before joining us. So based on current season say in some parallel world he was to join us next season, he’s performing better and more than those you listed.

I’m not saying playing for any of these mid table sides make you automatically good. Liam Henderson alone is good enough to play for us

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Liam Henderson isn't better than Turnbull, Rogic, Mcgregor or Bitton, and I'd say there's a pretty good chance he isn't better than Hatate, so he wouldn't be good enough for us.

As for Ewan, I said earlier I'd have preferred a simple loan rather than selling him, as I think he has much better potential than his brother, think he'll flourish under Maloney

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Laxalt and Duffy were ever presents in top 5 leagues for a lot longer than Henderson has been. Toljan, funnily enough, is an ever present for Sassuolo and has been for two and a half years now. Another midtable Serie A side.

Anyway, seen nothing that suggests Henderson is good enough for us or any better than what we have. Bitton is the weakest of our regular midfielders and he is a far better player.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he gets a move to a better team and gets a call up to the Scotland squad.

RabS and The_Bhoy like this.
  11. Maestro 08

Maloney will be brilliant for him and I think he'll kick on with regular minutes and a manager who believes in him. Was always going to struggle to push himself in to our squad but I wish him all the best and hopefully he flourishes there.

12. GreenLeanMean

Still technically our player, no?

Anyway, great move for him. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses with more game time & under Maloney

13. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Same as our deal for Maeda, a loan until next season then it'll be made permanent so he's our player in name only as he'll be a Hibs player come next summer.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Talented with the heart and physicality of a mouse..