1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts, Dundee United & Hun Games

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ArturBorucCSC, Jan 10, 2022.

Discuss Hearts, Dundee United & Hun Games in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    This has been discussed on a few different threads, so thought I'd start a new one.

Just how concerning is it that Hatate, Maeda, Kyogo and Rogic are all likely to be away for these games? And we have Motherwell away four days after playing the huns. These guys will have a lot of travelling to do before that game (though that is better than them missing a fourth game!).

For me, if Forrest and Jota are fit and in form, it helps a lot. But we're still light on midfield options, with Turnbull out injured. So are we looking at a midfield of Bitton, McCarthy and McGregor for these games? Unless we sign Boyle (or another winger), and play Jota in the 10 role?

And up front, we all know what it's like when Kyogo isn't in the team. We need GG to find form (and his scoring boots), and we need it now. I wonder how likely it is that we will 'cut a deal' with Japan e.g. "You can take Hatate and Maeda, but we need Kyogo"? Guessing it's not likely at all, but we can hope.

I could be talking * here, but we need to come up with something for these games and I'd be interested to see what others think.

stevoEOS likes this.
  2. stevoEOS

If we had a trusted striker to come in & replace Kyogo, I would feel we could maybe sneak a win against the huns but if all of the players mentioned are away, I can’t say I’d be particularly confident of not dropping points in more than one of those fixtures never mind just against the huns. It’s an absolutely huge concern imo.

3. Mr Diggler

Ideguchi is very unlikely to be called up to the Japan squad so he should be available. Added to that Giakoumakis will be back so now is the time for him to step up. The team probably looking similar to:

Hart

Ralston
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Taylor

Ideguchi
    McGregor
    Bitton???

Forrest
    Giakoumakis
    Jota

Probably Bitton the extra midfielder if the other midfielders are called up. If Hatate is not called up then it would help but he has been in the last few squads. Maeda the same. Resigned to losing Kyogo and Rogic for sure which is a big blow.

4. stevoEOS

Welsh starts ahead of Starfelt for me, less error prone.

Surely Juranovic has to start also?

packybhoy likes this.
  5. Mr Diggler

Not for me. Starfelt looks error prone but he will start if fit. Taylor seems to be first choice left back and surely Ralston can't be dropped. Not been overly impressed with Juranovic though he has been solid enough.

6. stevoEOS

Interesting how people see things differently. Juranovic simply has to be in the first 11 somewhere imo. He took some time to settle but he’s a European level player & that shows on the pitch for me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  7. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Will CCV not potentially be away with the US team too? :31:

8. deano_bhoy

Kyogo and Rogic will definitely be gone. Ideguchi hasn't made the squad for quite a while so don't think he'll be selected.

Although Maeda and Hatate were selected for the last round of games, Japan selected a larger squad of 27 players because both games were away from home and they wanted to be able to easily replace players due to Covid/ injury, if needed. Maeda and Hatate were the only players not to make the bench on either of those games. So it seems as if they were only selected due to them picking a larger squad.

Both their games are at home this time around so, coupled with Japan's strict covid guidelines, will likely select a smaller squad this time. Given neither player even made the bench last time I suspect they will drop out.

9. Heb Celt

I would give Dawson some game time against Hibs in case GG gets injured again.Not an ideal scenario for us it’s 3 tough games.

10. Foley1888

I am hoping this is the case too, I know there is issues with potential fixture congestion but going into one of the biggest games of our season with half a team on international duty would also be mental.

Kyogo will be called up but how raging are we going to be when their NT manager leaves him on the bench for most of the games.

11. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    OK, that much is encouraging. I'd still rather have Kyogo and Rogic and not have the others, but beggars can't be choosers.

Something like:

Hart
    Juranovic CCV Starfelt Taylor
    Ideguchi
    Hatate McGregor
    Forrest Maeda Jota
    With Ralston, Welsh, Julien, Taylor, Bitton, McCarthy, MJ and GG as options, and we're not looking as bad as I'd expected.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    No it Asian qualifying games I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    CONCACAF too mate. USA play El Salvador, Canada and Honduras between 27 January and 3 February.

Don’t think he’s played for his national team recently, but he must be in with a shout.

littlekennie likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Will be interesting to see if we request a postponement.

15. stevoEOS

I imagine it would be a waste of time given the already tight scheduling. I’m not sure Ange would want to go down that route either tbh.

16. oh bhoy

The 3 games need shifted why should we risk 9pts just so the * at the spfl don't have to adjust their fixtures ,* that and * them

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Maybe the request will swing on fans being allowed back into games.. We'd be within our rights to request as we meet the criteria..

I agree that Ange may not want to go down that road.

I guess we could get the postponement and then me ravaged by covid at some point and have even more out, its a gamble in itself.

stevoEOS likes this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think that would be the wrong decision for Ange to take. Our team will be vastly weakened if all our internationals are absent and we really can't afford to drop any more points - especially against the huns. * their "sporting integrity" - the feckers can't even spell it

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I find it a bit weird/off that we knowing was signing the three Japanese Bhoys in December, yet we pushed for and agreed for the winter break coming forward, surely knowing these games are highly likely to be affected.

Surely we have a plan for this, be it knowing the players aren't getting called up, or we are waiting for the call up to happen, having been informed if so, we will be allowed the rescheduling of some of these games?

Just seems weird we willing put ourselves in this position.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I agree.

stevoEOS likes this.