1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    By the end of the window, I hope the following are gone

Bolingoli
    Barkas
    Ajeti
    Soro
    Shaw (Loan)
    Osaze (Loan)
    Johnston (With Maeda and another winger coming in, I think he needs loaned out for gametime)
    Moffat (Loan)
    Montgomery (Loan)

Ideally McCarthy would be gone as well, but I don't think we'll get rid of him after 6 months.

Rydo1888*, Dan Breen and Foley1888 like this.
  2. oh bhoy

Sign a squad player one day, the very next complain about a bloated squad .doesn't make much sense. We still need more quality players in regardless of his many are here

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    What's happening Ange? - seems like ages since we signed someone - maybe, we just got too excited and came too soon:fear:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  4. Foley1888

The above is how I see our outgoings in an ideal world, I also wouldn’t be adverse to Connor Hazard being loaned/sold.

For incomings if we could get Wolf or another attacking midfielder who is a fit for Ange’s system and a winger who can play either wing, then I think we wouldn’t be far off what we need to have a good go for this league.

It would give us at least Two options for most positions from the midfield forward with some additional cover, I recall seeing an interview Ange did when in Japan talking about wanting to rotate those positions in the team but keep a settled back line for continuity.

Midfield options of McGregor, Ideguchi, Bitton, Turnbull, Hatate, Wolf (or another) and Rogic.

Forward options Jota, Maeda, Abada, Forrest (if ever fit), Dembele, Kyogo, Giakoumakis and new winger.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

To be fair, it's not as black and white as that. We do have a bloated squad, but a lot of the squad simply aren't good enough. We need squad players, but better ones.

Guys like Soro, Ajeti, Montgomery, Shaw, Urhoghide, Barkas and Boli need loaned out/sold. 7 players and we wouldn't miss any of them. Could add Johnston to that as well.

craigtheceltic and Dan Breen like this.
  6. oh bhoy

We need better first team players and that will automatically force the first team players into a squad player role.buying players that will never have a chance here is simply a waste

craigtheceltic and Dan Breen like this.
  7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's unfair to say that Ajeti, Barkas, Boli or Soro had no chance.

Ajeti was a star in Switzerland and then didn't quite make it in the Prem I was still excited when we signed him, it's not worked out though

Barkas was a Greek champion and had done alright in Europe, he's been * though no arguments there

Boli, previous Belgian champ, did well in Austria and in Europe with a side that weren't expecting much.

Soro, aye we maybe overpaid a bit on the fee at 2m but he looked a talented player and last season looked great for us.

Signing youth like Shaw and urgohide is a decent play, if they get the opportunity and used right, maybe it's been from a bit of flux in management the last few years that connell, O'Connor etc haven't had a chance or maybe they've just failed in stepping up here when they have been training with us but even if not much happens and they don't quite make it it still drives competition and if 1 or 2 develop its great for the club, frimpong alone has paid for all the youth signings of the last few years.

We need better scouting tahts for sure, we need to improve out hit rate in players that we do buy, but so far based on this season that's coming way up.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ideally, yes. But that's not realistic for some positions.

9. truedub1916

I really like that we are sending some fringe players out on loan
    It can’t be overlooked that it’s great for their development and a chance for us to see if they will make it

but also it strengthens other teams that play our competitors. But they can’t play against us

Dan Breen likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

was more directing that at the likes of shaw,urhoghide if they aint able to make any sort of contribution this season i doubt they will next and if that sort of recruitment is preventing us from signing better players then that becomes a problem

11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fair, those 2care a strange case due to the managerial limbo when they were signed but it's still a good way to bring players in, look at Ajer, Frimpong, Christie even Morgan there could be an argument with that it is a productive way for us to bring in players.

Shaw in particular looked good in preseason then it was a bit if a mystery why we didn't see him until the dead rubber with Betis but we don't see the behind the scenes stuff of how he would be getting on, I'm excited to see how he does out on loan and them hopefully he comes back and cracks on

oh bhoy likes this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Looks like a case of we need to trim the squad before adding any more which is completely understandable.

We have carried too much deadwood for too long now. Plenty time left to get another 1 or 2 in.

Dan Breen and Hammy89 like this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So true

14. Keano88

Jota and CCV on a perm and I’d be delighted with the window.

If we also could shift Boli and get a first choice LB in that would be perfect.

Rydo1888*, eire4 and G40B like this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm like an addict. I want more! More signings! Just one more until next time!

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Same m8. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as we speak

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Heb Celt

Soro on way to New York so that’s another one away.Barkas,boli and Ajeti next,them 3 would free up substantial wages.Might get another signing or 2 in yet.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    It looks like we're actually being proactive in clearing the deck.

Hopefully we get a buyer for Ajeti, Barkas and Boli.

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Worried by jota being back home getting his injury seen to. I know that’s usual. But feel like he could get benfica in his ear selling him a future and to turn us down

OziBeerMan likes this.
  20. Mr Cleansheets

At this point I make my usual comment...

When are we gonna see Lawal get a chance? Been fantastic in the B team (although haven't seen him for a while). The lad's a beast (who can actually play football).