1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Martin Boyle

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Martin Boyle in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountyDownFaithful

Boyle would add something to the squad but for £3M, the money could be spent much better.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  2. Foley1888

I think there is no substance to this at all and its just the typical Scottish media not knowing what’s actually going on making stuff up to seem like they do.

I don’t think other than trying to tie down CCV and Jota that we will spend another £3m this window across the piece. It will likely be sign players on pre contracts and negotiate a cheap deal sub £1m to bring them in and a loan for Wolf or a similar level talent.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Jota, seems to be a bit of a welcome exception who did cross my mind in my original post..

There's no panic, I'm happy we have the three Japanese in and if CCV and Jota are secured on permanent deals, add a left back and I'd be happy with the window.. Unsure if there's actually anything in Wolf or Ferhat links.. Hope so..

My main point is that in this crucial window and in the longterm we still don't have a Head of Recruitment in place or clarification on whether we'll adopt the DoF model..

And that is shambolic for a club our size..

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I know you're tongue in cheek, but he can't do everything himself.. :56:

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't think it is tongue in cheek.

We need someone in their to do the leg work for him and Michael Nicholson.

BTW, I think Nicholson is doing a good job so far. If January's window is as good as the summer, we're in for a treat.

Again, we need a DoF to come in to work with him and Ange.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. apevrak

Boyle would be a great fit for us. Pacey, eye for goal and can play on both wings and up front. The last months has shown we needed quality rotation players that suits Ange's style of football. Boyle is that kind of player.

7. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Would love to secure him he'd be great and we know he can do it in the spfl can only flourish with better players round him

PA14 likes this.
  8. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Not for me tbh. Pacey and a trier but id rather he hurt the huns and stay at hibs. Don't think he's good enough to push for a place regular.

Tommy25 and Big Shoes like this.
  9. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Be better aff with Susan

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I was in favour but not for that type of fee, they rejected a £500k Bid just a couple of months ago.

£1.5m and thats the max.

Big Shoes likes this.
  11. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

The fact that we are potentially interested in him makes me think Forrest might have ongoing injury issues and Abada is too inconsistent just now

12. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'd rather all our energies went into signing Wolf.

It's that sort of quality which fires you to league titles, just like Jota.

In fact I'd say a 6 month loan for Wolf, even at a 1.5 loan fee, would be better for the team than any fee on Martin Boyle on a 3-year-deal.

We win the league this season and we're guaranteed at least 40m from CL. We need to be going all out.

oh bhoy, Tommy25 and Hammy89 like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Martin Boyle: 'No offers' for Easter Road talisman despite links with Celtic and Middle East
    Hibs are relaxed about mounting speculation linking Easter Road talisman Martin Boyle with a January departure.

The forward has been in fine form for the Capital club this season and a report in The Times newspaper linked the Australian internationalist with Celtic and “an unnamed club” in the Middle East, while last month Hibs were said to have thrown out a £500,000 bid from Saudi Arabian Pro-League outfit Al-Faisaly, who have former Hearts defender Igor Rossi on their books.

However, the Evening News understands that no offers, serious or otherwise, have been made to the Easter Road hierarchy for the 29-year-old, who has struck 17 goals and registered eight assists in 35 games for club and country since the start of June.

Boyle has been linked with Celtic in the past and the arrival of former Socceroos boss Ange Postecoglou at Parkhead rekindled those rumours.

“I know Martin really well. I was pretty pleased when he chose to play for Australia because there was a bit of an arm-wrestle when it came to who he was going to play for,” Postecoglou said in October

"He's done really well for the national team so I'm well aware of him. He's a good player and it's not easy playing for Australia.”

The former Dundee attacker signed a fresh deal at the start of the 2020/21 season with a reported £500,000 release clause inserted in the new contract.

However, just days after Scottish Premiership rivals Aberdeen had submitted a £500,000 bid that was promptly rejected, Boyle agreed improved terms in August last year with the release clause scrapped.

Speaking after the ink had dried Boyle said: “It's a great feeling to agree a new deal at a club that means a lot to me and my family.”

Wife Rachael is a regular for Hibs Women and the Scotland national team and daughter Amelia was born to the couple in 2018.

Boyle, who joined Hibs initially on loan in January 2015, has to date played 264 matches scoring 63 goals and laying on 53 more for his team-mates.

He has become a key player in green and white, as illustrated by his first-half hat-trick in November as Hibs defeated Rangers 3-1 in the Premier Sports Cup semi-final.

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Forrest "might have" ongoing injury issues???

James Forrest missed 38 games last season and he's already missed 15 this season.

15. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    the way i see transfers is you should buy better than what you have. with every signing you make, you should be looking to improve your hand as a manager significantly. does boyle fit this criteria. no, not for me. i think we have to find somebody that that is of the same ilk as jota, kyogo etc.

i would imagine if we were interested in him we would have him. cant see us selling henderson without bringing boyle into the equation if we had serious interest.

Wee Baldy and LectersLuncheon like this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I simultaneously agree and disagree.

You should ALWAYS be signing a player with the intent of improving the squad.

But sometimes "better" doesnt equate to improvement per se.
    Sometimes you need a different type of player to the one currently occupying the position. Ie. Squad has a technically great ball spraying centre mid, but we need a hmer thrower enforcer as an option too.

Boyle firs that criterea imo. Not as technically gifted as Kyogo or Jota, but offers something else with his style of play.

Variety is the spice of life!

But i digress.

3m is a non starter.

1m and a couple of loans and we can talk.

Solidsnake likes this.
  17. Mr Cleansheets

I'd never claim he was better than Forrest at his best but I reckon he'd be better than Forrest going forward.

As for your question in bold... Australia currently ranked 35; Scotland 38.

Mind you, Australia are totally * at the moment so FIFA are utterly clueless.

18. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Better than our usual 'project' signings.

19. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing

cannae really argue wae any of that bud. but with abada and forrest fit i dont think boyle will play. Realistically, ange has to find a way of making maeda jota and kyogo as our front three. whatever way works best. someones got to play out of position however their potential and more importantly their abilities are far superior to anything else we have and certainly anything hibs has. i agree we need options but you need options when things are not going right. you cant really comprehend taking either of they three off the park for boyle if your chasing a result or trying to turn a game. if you fill your team will top talent youll get top performances every week. when you have a big difference in the quality of players at your disposal youll get the same results as we have this season so far. * hot one minute and hanging on for dear life the next. with all players fit, boyle wont improve our bench never mind starting eleven

20. jambo_cfc

If he comes he wont be a starter , i think with a full squad jota plays on the right and maeda plays on the left so he would be a squad player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.