1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Similar goal to Kyogo in the final!

Tommy25 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    From daily hun *,

New Celtic star Daizen Maeda has been targeted by bigoted trolls.
    Users hijacked his Wikipedia page and set up a fake Twitter account in his name.
    They edited his profile to claim he was linked to terrorists and a Celtic ultras fans group.
    Scottish Football Supporters Association chairman Andy Smith condemned the behaviour as “derogatory”.
    One bogus claim also alleged Maeda had made offensive comments about Rangers and the Queen in an interview after he switch to Parkhead from Japenese side Yokohama F Marinos

i wonder which teams animal supporters did this

James Mc likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

Did anyone notice that arch-hun and occasional Orc stunt double Kevin Muscat was the Marinos coach?

Mind you, it was the team that Ange built so...

4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    And yet Maeda still calls Ange the boss :50:

:ange2:

James Mc and Tommy25 like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

"One bogus claim also alleged Maeda had made offensive comments about Rangers and the Queen in an interview after he switch to Parkhead from Japenese side Yokohama F Marinos"

The horror :giggle1:

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The Quenn is protecting a Peado and her other son is a racist and the other ones banging his wife's best mate. Print that ya spineless *..

eire4, DdoubleD, Tommy25 and 2 others like this.
  8. RockhardBoss

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

HE Maeda life * for defenders in Japan last season.

Now John Hutchinson expects Celtic’s new striker to scare the wits out of teams across Scotland.

Ange Postecoglou’s old assistant wasn’t surprised to see his mentor raid the J-League for Daizen Maeda, Reo Hatate and Yosuke Ideguchi as soon as the transfer window opened.

Australian coach Hutchinson knows Maeda best from their time together at Yokohama F. Marinos and reckons he’s ideally suited to Scottish football.

Describing the 24-year-old as a ‘machine’ because of his high-octane, all-action style of play, the El Paso Locomotive boss can’t wait to see Maeda paired with Kyogo Furuhashi in the Parkhead side.

Hutchinson said: “I have never seen a more physical player, in terms of speed and repeat sprinting, than Daizen.

“Daizen is a physical beast. You’d have no issues sending him anywhere in Europe because it won’t be a problem to him.

“He’s a machine. The improvement in him over the last season or so under Ange was incredible.

“He makes dangerous forward runs and scores goals.

“He will terrorise defenders in Scotland. If it clicks for him with Furuhashi up front, which I think it will, it will be frightening for the other teams.

“He’s different to Furuhashi in that he’s more all-action and powerful.

“We played him the majority of last season on the left wing, but when he gets in the box his first-time finishing is very good.

He’s electrifying when he gets the ball at his feet and starts running.

“What he really improved on was his technical ability, getting the ball under pressure and making something happen.

“He will bring goals, one-touch finishes and energy to Celtic. He can create for other players, too.

“The majority of his work will be done inside the box. I think he only scored one for us from outside the penalty area.

“He’s a gentleman, a really great professional who trains so hard every day.

“His numbers when you analyse training and games are incredible and while that doesn’t automatically mean you can play football, in his case he’s got the complete package.”

As one of Postecoglou’s right-hand men, Hutchinson was tasked with scouting players from other teams.

Two who stuck out a mile in the J-League were Hatate and Ideguchi.

Hutchinson reckons Celtic have pulled off a massive coup by landing three of Japan’s rapidly rising stars.

He said: “We scouted the other two players Ange signed this week, Reo Hatate and Yosuke Ideguchi, for our matches against their clubs last season.

Hatate can play anywhere. I remember watching him and thinking, ‘Where does this guy actually play?’. He was so comfortable in every position.

“I have seen him in centre midfield, left wing, right wing and full-back and he makes every one of them look so easy.

“The only position we didn’t see him playing was goalkeeper! We were super-talented, but his team, Kawasaki Frontale, were faultless all season and he was a big part of that.

“Having a player in the J-League who is so comfortable in so many positions is quite rare, so I think people will be impressed by what he does.

“From Ange’s point of view, it brings a player into his squad who is so versatile. It covers lots of areas and covers them well.

Ideguchi just wants the ball at his feet all the time. He takes it and controls the tempo of the game.

“Getting Ideguchi will be important for Ange because he really dominates games and controls things from midfield.

“These guys have gone to play in Scotland because of what Ange did in Japan and the football he played.

“He is so respected there. He brought a style of football to Japan that nobody had ever seen before.”

Kyogo’s success since arriving last summer has made it easy for Postecoglou to return to the J-League for more players.

And Hutchinson believes people will now have a whole new respect for football in that corner of Asia.

He added: “With Furuhashi doing so well at Celtic, I think it has opened people’s eyes in Scotland to how good football in Japan really is.

“There is an expectation now and so there should be.

“When Ange signed him last year I remember thinking, ‘Wow, he will be so good in Scotland’ because he was absolutely outstanding in Japan.

“We had the two best centre-backs in Japan. They are great players and impressive athletes. But Furuhashi was the only player they asked for individual video on because they knew his movement and finishing was such a problem.

“We did a lot of work on him, looking at his runs and the way he plays. When I watched him live he was incredible, so it was a no-brainer for Ange to go and get him.

“The guys Ange has signed in this window will make a significant impact — and they are all bargains.

“If they settle in well, because it’s going to be culturally very different, then they’ll show they’re technically excellent.

“They are outstanding talents and football fans in Scotland will see that for themselves over the weeks and months ahead.”

Rydo1888*, JML67, greengrocer and 8 others like this.
  10. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    His touch to control and take into his stride the pass for his second goal was very good.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC new boys Daizen Maeda and Reo Hatate are officially free to face Hibs on January 17 after being removed from Japan's Kirin Cup squad.

The Hoops' signings were both called up for the match with Uzbekistan on Friday, January 21.

But as expected, the Japanese FA confirmed they have been taken out of the squad for that friendly game.

That means Maeda and Hatate could make their debut against Hibs, and they should also be free for the Scottish Cup clash with Alloa on January 22.

But huge doubts remain over their availability for Celtic's games against Hearts, Dundee United and Rangers on January 26, 29 and February 2.

Japan have crucial World Cup qualifiers against China and Saudi Arabia on January 27 and February 1

Maeda, Hatate and Kyogo Furuhashi are all expected to feature in the squad - should Covid regulations allow them to travel home.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    Tommy25, Rydo1888*, ms-1888 and 2 others like this.
  13. Heb Celt

Great news himself and Hetate getting a reprieve from the Japan squad,they can replace Kyogo and Rogic who will almost certainly be called up.

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Completely different international fixtures mate. Japan are playing the Kirin Cup (which scotland won years ago :56:) on the weekend of 21st January, whereas we’re expecting Kyogo and Rogic to be called up for the next round of World Cup Qualifiers, which start the following week.

Personally I think it would be dead sensible of Japan to just use the Kirin Cup squad in their World Cup qualifiers though… :fear:

15. ms-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh Hampden in the Sun, The Fields of Athenry
    I'm 47 years old and very excited at the prospect of watching our Japanese bhoys in action.
    The game where 3 of them start together and maybe another comes on as a sub, or all 4 start will be electric

Tommy25 and FrenchCelt like this.
  16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Apparently they aren't in a great position and world cup qualification is still up in air. Can you imagine they didn't pick their best players and they got eliminated?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I'm 47 years young.

1ab6ef77b355e9acd7cc9b82b5c8ec4f.jpg

18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sorry, I was being completely tongue in cheek. In my opinion there’s absolutely no chance that Kyogo and Rogic (and quite possibly Hatate or Maeda) won’t be called up.

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Im having a long day

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

McGrory1888 likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    These Kirin Cup games are really just friendlies though so would we even have had to release them?