1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Martin Boyle

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Martin Boyle in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    shame could have been a great off the bench spl player for us, but good luck to him in his future at hibs

2. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Seen his name pop up online again a few times and in some papers rumours the last 24 hours also seen a few mention shaun Maloney wanting Ewan Henderson.....could there be any possibility of using him and Mikey Johnston in a deal to bring him in? don't think when we have a full strength team he'd be a starter for a second but could be a decent squad player and we could have definitely used him the last month giving the injuries we had.

3. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Think we need first team players not more squad players we have enough of them draining wages, good spfl player but nowhere near the Celtic team, if he was 20 I'd say he worth a punt but at 28 he's at his peak, a big no for me

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. JamesM09

Agreed. I don’t think he would improve the squad and if they really want £3m that’s ridiculous.

For £500k you might take him for a bit of depth.

Better to let him stay at Hibs and keep skelping sevco.

Tommy25 and cas79 like this.
  5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye think he's worth 3m just not to us

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

No sure how teams like Hibs etc come up with these valuations. Where do they pluck £3m fae?

He’s not got £3m worth of a contract left to be paid, that’s for sure and Hibs will never get close to winning the league, which you get nowhere near £3m for.

At least when we’re asking for high valuations there’s potential loss of European revenue if we sell our best players or they’re on decent contracts. Fair play they want decent money for their players, I just don’t get the valuations and how they’re worth it to us.

7. john2061

Some on here got the spl snobbery and any player who keeps skelping the huns and especially scoring a hat trick in a semi final is worth a look at and agree 3 million is a bit much .

8. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    He is better than Abada.. Cant say ive seen him play many games for hibs but seen plenty of him for Australia and he is probably our second best player going forward after rogic.

for 3m probably a pass though.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If it were 1.5m I would say why not but £3m for a guy about to turn 29 who has no European experience.

Big Shoes likes this.
  10. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Where do we get our valuations from? Edouard certainly didn’t have roughly £20million of a contract left, neither did Dembele, Tierney, Van Dijk.

Why should Hibs ask for a low fee for a player who is significantly important to them? If they lost Boyle they would be a lot worse off as he’s possibly their best player.

I think Boyle would do well here but I wouldn’t sign him unless we lost/sold players.

11. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    With abada he's what 19 Boyle is 28 and at his peak, albada is a good player still raw and learning the game and at this stage I wouldn't say Boyle is much better, mind this is his first season in a new club and country at a very young age

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Might be able to negotiate something with hibs whilst throwing young Henderson into the mix. Tbh I’d rather see Johnstone go but Maloney will be good for his development. I suspect Boyle might want to work with ange

13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Only if it's a loan I wouldn't want to loose Henderson permanently think he's a very good player, Johnston needs to stay clear of injuries but this guy will be in for 10 games out for 30

14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

We can ask for high valuations because the players are actually good. They’re potential superstars.

Selling our best players could be the difference in us having 10s of millions in European revenue.

Boyle is worth about £1m at the most.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’d say closer to the two million mark if we actually go with your theory to a t then he’s 5 million upwards he’s the difference between hibs finishing 3rd and getting group stage football third is close to 1.8 million then Europa conference league which is basically guaranteed next season is close to five million that not including ticket revenue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The players are actually good is relative to the teams trying to sign them. Boyle at £3million, might be on the high side for us, but might be low for an English Championship side.

As the person above just mentioned, Boyle could be the difference of up to £5million, seems to be similar money for Europa league and conference group stages, so by your way of valuing players, he is under valued at £3million

Boyle is a good player, and he wouldn’t be a bad player for us. I just don’t see him as necessary when he won’t be our best player in his position and we have enough squad players atm.

Also, potential revenue isn’t really how players will be valued. It might play a part, but there will be loads of factors like age, position, performances, experience, ability, potential, how much a team is actually willing to pay, previous transfers and so on.

craigtheceltic and littlekennie like this.
  17. john2061

He always seems to give the zombie defence trouble and with Forrest always injured and dembele just getting fit he could do a job for us and there's three Derby games still to play and forking out 3 million to win £40 million be a no brainer and he could be the difference winning these Derby games .

martin_d likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Another Hayes

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    No for me

Tommy25 and trackebhoy like this.
  20. celtic warrior

I'm sure he'd do a turn as a rotation player for domestic games and early cup games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.