1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Maeda, Ideguchi and Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sgt Neppers*, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Maeda, Ideguchi and Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I crossed that crossing many times on my way to an open mic. In fact the film, Lost in Translation was filmed pretty close to where I lived in Tokyo. Top tip - never go to Tokyo from July - September...so humid and a rather sweaty *! (Unless you go Hokkaido - way up north) April to June / October to November is a nice heat! It's a hot country! Stunning women too!
    Yeah - old school Irish are very fussy food eaters lol

craigtheceltic and Wee Baldy like this.
  2. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Nah, as long as they test negative

Heb Celt likes this.
  3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The bullet trains are something else, get from Hamilton to celik park in 30 seconds, something about cultures, Ntcham, edouard and dembele were all very talented but had that moody huffy French can’t be arsed streak about that

Japanese especially guys like nakamura and kyogo they have a 100% work ethics about them, always seem to be laughing when playing and that infectiousness seems to rub off on the other player s

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    They always give their heart and soul and you can tell their character when they bow to the park and wait to shake every one of their fellow team players hand. Total respect

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exciting times... starting to look like we are getting run like a big football club again..

Tommy25, Wee Baldy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  6. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Good call. I also think their work attitude will infect the other players. Japan certainly changed me. I started obeying all laws and being a model citizen when I lived there lol as that's what everyone was doing. I actually waited to cross the road with other Japanese people even when there weren't any cars around.

The signings will be great for Kyogo too. At times I felt very isolated living in Japan with a J girl and her son, meeting other foreigners was - wow - I can speak my own language with slang etc. It'll be the same for Kyogo and having a core unit of 4 will help them all. I'm looking forward to this!

7. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Anti-Asian racism has always been acceptable in the West.

It's definitely been on the rise since Covid, but it's always been there.

In the US - where a lot of Western cultural attitudes seem to develope, particularly in the Anglosphere - I think it seemed to peak during the years of the Vietnam war. To be an Asian was to be "unsophisticated" and "savage". Those bigoted stereotypes were never properly challenged.

The whole "haw haw they eat dugs" is primitive reactionary *.

8. Paradise88

That was a brilliant interview from sky. You can tell he's excited about the transfer and their progression.

King Kwon, Tommy25 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Don't think Dan expects kyogo to be a Celtic player by the time Japan play in Qatar. Although the guy knows * all

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. leeso-ardoyne

Love curries and all spicy foods but just can't eat them now although I still do. I've a hiatus hernia and anytime I eat spicy foods I'm * with acid reflux. My whole esophagus gets inflamed and throat closes on me, eyes watering awfull bad. Can be embarrassing when it happens. Trying to get something nice to eat now is cuntish because loved spicy foods.

Wee Baldy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yeah I hear ya. I have to avoid certain foods and booze now - * bless old age and a naughty youth! We gotta pay our dues!

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Neither do I mate unfortunately.. I can see a massive bid for him in the summer, one we can't refuse.. hope I'm wrong

Dublin Celt likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He seems a bit snobbish about Scottish football. Seems a bit * we are poaching Japan's best players. Just the way he comes across on his twitter

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I know the prices of the players seem relatively low, and at first glance it looks a bad deal for the clubs, but I think there could be a couple of factors at work in that. There are a few angles we could be playing to make the players coming here for lower prices an attractive proposition, in the short term at least, to the selling clubs.

One, if they players come here and do well it raises the profile of the league, making future deals to European clubs much more likely and for higher values, a bit like us selling Wanyama to Southampton, which opened the doors to us selling others for more down there and elsewhere.

Two, we are seen as a gateway to European football, which actually makes the clubs we have bought from more attractive to homegrown players as they can market that side of things to those with the ambition to play in Europe, ie the better players in the league.

All in all this is a good deal for us, but it could actually turn out to be huge for Japanese football if these guys make the grade over here. At the moment Kyogo could be a one off, but if the others show they are anywhere near a similar level? Clubs all over will sit up and take notice.

packybhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  16. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Ya * beauty, Ange is some Bhoy :ange::Kyogo:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Get the * Japanese flag flying high above paradise now celtic !!

18. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    I think he'll still be here to be honest. He seems to love it here after the J league. I was at the 2013 Japanese FA cup final..there was no comparable atmosphere to the recent league cup final. The J league final was 'nice' if you know what I mean. Just look at how happy he was after the recent final. The season after.. will be the cash in season! What do I know though?

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Spot on. Imagine if you're a 15 year old kid in Japan and the club that wants to train you is the same that sold Kyogo to Celtic who scored two goals in a final in front of 48,540, and gave you European football..and then offered to do the same for your career.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Dalbeth3 and Lupis like this.
  20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think if we get a big money offer for Kyogo we sell. They will have looked at the way things went with Eddy's market value after a poor season and won't risk that happening again if there is serious money on the table, especially if finances all over are up in the air with covid related issues. While I would love him to stay, and will be gutted when he leaves, it's pretty inevitable I fear. If we were to get 1 more season out of him I'd be * delighted.