1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Obviously.

He knows exactly why they do…

Free the Adblock likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Another class response

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    No it won’t, the UK are not in the EU anymore so it’s not straightforward.

Also not all of them have dual nationality either.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Fair play to Ange, today he changed it up and went 352 which seemed to work well against the packed defence he would have been expecting. I think it one of the two strikers was tall and good in the air it would also increase scoring options as we could throw it in and win some headers.

thefutebollover likes this.
  7. Sgt Neppers*

So, the end of the year, we are still in Europe, still in the fight for the league and won the only cup so far the season. Hindsight is wonderful gift,but think if we were offered this back at the start of the season, we would have taken it. The amount of turnover in players, integrating the new ones to a new style and system whilst getting hammered with injuries along the way, to be where we are is a success. Need to regroup and strengthen.

No doubt room for improvement, but so far so good.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Getting back to winning ways was the most important thing for Ange Postecoglou coming into today's (Sunday’s) away trip to Perth to face St Johnstone.

With a number of changes being made to the starting XI and with a youthful bench full of B team prospects, it made the 3-1 win at McDiarmid Park even more impressive on a cold Boxing Day lunchtime.

Two goals from Liel Abada helped Celtic on their way, with the captain for the afternoon Nir Bitton sealing the result with a third late on and the manager was delighted to enter the winter break with all three points.

He said: “First half we were excellent. It’s a difficult place to come and play and the pitch was difficult, so it was a really good challenge for us that we handed well.

“Second half was a bit scrappy, but overall they showed a great attitude.

“Liel Abada was great today and probably could have had a couple more. It’s only six month into his career at Celtic and he’s been really good for us.

“We’ve put him in areas where he’s probably unfamiliar with but he’s handled it really well.

“Nir Bitton has been great all along for us.

'Bitton, Tom Rogic, James McCarthy and Josip Juranovic were the more experienced ones and they had to stand up and they did.'

The victory brings to a close the year 2021 and the first six months of work for Ange Postecoglou.

If there were negatives to come from the game it would be Kyogo being forced off early with an injury and only 500 spectators being allowed into the stadium due to the pandemic.

But the manager feels the break is coming at the right time to allow supporters back in their numbers in January.

He added: “On Kyogo, we’ll wait and see but we have a break now so I don’t think it’s anything serious.

“He wanted to give it a go today, but we knew not to over risk it, so he felt it a bit and thought we would take him off.

“We knew the break would be coming at some point.

'Obviously it’s coming earlier and looking at today it’s just not the same game without the fans.'

“I’m pleased that we stop it now and have a chance to regroup and get our players up and running.”

bagforlife likes this.
  9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    With the amount of injuries and lack of squad depth we have at our disposal, he has done an unreal job so far. A better calibre of player to rotate and a full strength first 11 and we'll see what happens. If we were more clinical, we would be even closer to the top.

10. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Didn't Klopp have a similar issue with players getting injured when he first came in? I think Ange has done an unbelievable job to be fair. With the luck the huns have had aswell you've gotta say he's done brilliantly.

11. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I used to work with a few Aussies down in London a good few years back. I found them to be dead down to earth guys who were always up for a laugh however, they didn't beat about the bush (no pun intended) if they disagreed with something you might have said that they didn't agree with but, 9 times out of 10, they would always be the first to buy you a pint after any fall out

Craiglang, OziBeerMan, VT8 and 2 others like this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    'We all need to realise that it's the supporters that make the game. They're the ones who create the atmosphere, that make those special moments'.

Offer me any manager in world football over Ange Postecoglou and I'll tell you to gtf. So much love for this man.

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I hear what you are saying. Brazil is a huge country. If Arsenal can find one player that ticks all the boxes and get him for 6 mill to play in the UK, then Celtic can do it too. I am sure they are out there.

15. Homoman

A few rumours going around on an Aussie football forum that a La Liga and Premier League club are interested in Ange. It sounds like the La Liga rumour is coming from a guy that’s proven to be friends with an Australian player. Only player I can think of is Matt Ryan

16. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sounds like bolloxs tbh, he was in Japan/ Australia so why not pick him up from there. Has his few months with us suddenly made him in such demand?

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lol.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  18. FairDinkumMate

Made up but those on that forum I’d expect. He’s done a great job so far but some back here are going a little overboard.

OziBeerMan and NomDePlum like this.
  19. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    "I used to work with a few Aussies down in London a good few years back."
    Us aussies ain't that good at working we would rather drink beer and * sheila's

20. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    'Nickers' they don't want to work! I'm from Sydney and I knew a hard worker once, my ex-girlfriend, she was a real hard worker, I could watch her all day I could!

OziBeerMan, Wee Baldy and joemc like this.