1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Dec 19, 2021.

Discuss St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's a really disappointing result, but it's a miracle we haven't dropped points before tonight.

Dundee United has been the only comfortable game for us in the last month, rest have been narrow 1 goal victories with a slice of luck involved.

As long as we beat St Johnstone and get into the break 6 behind (at worst) we can definitely still win the league.

2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Saying in commentary that's Celtics 10th draw. Not having goals in these games is really hurting us.

3. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The league certainly isn't done but we need to get guys back and at least 4 in in January, I really don't know why we didn't just put Welsh up, it was obvious as * we needed presence in the box bcoz abada is about 4 foot.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Wasn't their reserves though was it? And we seemed to think we just need to turn up tonight and win by 4, Once it didn't go our way in first 40 mins we were in serious trouble. Only way we were winning tonight was with a massive stroke of fortune. The fact surely Celtic people knew there was only two games left before a new break should have influenced his * team.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Easter Rd Davie and stirfry999 like this.
  5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s your opinion mate and you could well be right. But it’s 6 points with 19 games to go. You would soon change your mind if we beat them after the break and went 3 behind.

6. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I agree.

Felt this was coming.

This is, by some considerable distance, the most threadbare squad I've ever seen at Celtic.

If, at the beginning of the season, you were told that in December you'll be playing with that first 11 and bench, people would assume it was some kind of massive covid outbreak. That's how depleted we are and have been for weeks.

Today's result is * but thankfully we've got the winter break moved forward. In all honesty it's a * send. We're dead on our feet.

Easter Rd Davie, JamesM09 and HTG like this.
  7. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Very similar performance as against Ross County but got away with it. Teams know to just get their big defenders to attack crosses because we seem incapable of working shots and (minus Rogic) pack the guile to go through the middle. Injuries are a problem but having all our strikers out needs addressed.

8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Our best attacking option on the bench was a right back. Something not right with these injuries and it's not just under Ange. It's been years this * has been going on

Rydo1888*, Twisty and Sydneysider like this.
  9. truedub1916

It is what it is
    A tired team, hammered by injuries, coming off a cup final win, on a soaking wet pitch

we are still 2 wins behind.

head into the winter break. We strengthen lots, injured players come back in. Refresh,
    Ang gets time with the players without a game which he hasn’t had yet

they sell their best players. The new manager bubble bursts. They loose, the pressure cranks.

we beat them 3 times!!!

let’s go

happy * new year !!!!!

10. stew37

Why the * did we continually cross the ball in for them to header it away. You could clearly see that wasn't a good outlet! Were our coaches watching the same game? The closest we came was going straight to the line, it was the only time their back line looked uncomfortable, totally bewildering sometimes. Why not focus on that?

Amount of times I was sat pleading with us not to cross it in and * boom, big high ball into the box and dealt with easily.

St Mirren stood up well, but we should have had enough to break them down. We were hopeless in front of goal. Wild swipes at half chances.

Mikey started so brightly, then completely fell away. Abada was really poor, should have been off at 60 mins at the very latest.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We were very lucky v Ross county and we have consistently struggled to break teams down at home. We simply can't have a decent shot in the league if most home games (and tonight) you know at half time we are gonna be doing very well to even score here. Only so many times we will pull it out of the bag. This team and this level finishes 10 points behind sevco. I'm not being dramatic, I've thought it for a while. Domestically Ange has really struggled to break teams down

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy and 10/4 Kemosabe like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Too many people were over confident going into that game tonight. Talk of scoring a load of goals and that the team Ange put out was good enough to see off a supposedly weakened St Mirren team was just proved wrong and we should never take anything for granted again. I would have liked to have seen Kyogo on the bench and come on when needed and, by *, did we need him. Moffet is way too lightweight, Johnson had a few good early touches but disappeared as the game wore on and, annoyingly, we have returned to the same passing the ball sideways and about the back the way we did under Lennon. Once again, we had umpteen corners and failed to score and it's clear we need a plan B

ddub11 likes this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Been saying it for weeks, we show no real desire for 60/70 mins we are so slow and just pass it sideways and backwards thinking it will just happen. That includes when we are 1 nil up also.

Artorias likes this.
  14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think playing Kyogo would have made any difference tonight. He is only as good as the chances you create for him. Abada has been poor for a while so don't think playing on the right would have made any difference. Johnston is simply not good enough. We need a plan B for teams that sit in like they did tonight, 2 up front to get their CBs working for starters. For the most part it was comfortable for them defending, we didn't really trouble them. If that was the Huns playing tonight they would have got a penalty to see them through, whether it would be dodgy or not is questionable but at the very least they would have had their wide players running at defenders in the box to get a descision, our wide players were happy to throw aimless crosses in all night. If that was a tactic by Ange then he takes responsibility

George Theodorou and Dublin Celt like this.
  15. DonnyCelt

* me just before kick off SMSM were banging on about how St Mirren weren't as depleted as they made out to be.

Now they snatched a point all the headlines are "covid depleted saints take a point"

This country man ffs

honda likes this.
  16. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I like ange and i get that he inherited a complete * show, however i’m starting to struggle to understand the almost hero like status he has, he has done nothing to earn that thus far. 6 points behind in the league and it’s not even Christmas, any other Celtic manager previously with us in that position in the league there’s questions starting to be asked.

17. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    10th draw since when?

18. Easter Rd Davie Once a Celt, Always a Celt Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    In The Heat of Lisbon
    Poor game & result obviously, we missed the spark of Kyogo & Jota but StMirren were just not interested in attacking at any point by playing a 7-3-0 formation :triplomur:(

19. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    It may be harsh singling out one player when almost everyone was poor, but I swear Mikey Johnston could get 100 decent chances and still fail to score. At least he's getting chances I guess, but Jesus man.

20. truedub1916

Everyone talking about Kyogo should have been playing must be forgetting he came off on Sunday holding his hamstring

if he was half fit he would have been on the bench

ang has done incredible with what he’s inherited. That was the best team we could put out tonight. We will strengthen in jan

if you offered me a cup and 6 points behind going into jan I’d have snapped your hand off