1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Starfelt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Carl Starfelt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Jullien used to get bullied off big centre forwards as well regularly. Plus with all the time he's spent out, and the time he'll need to get up to speed, there's a chance he won't ever be the same player again.

Not that he was any better than Starfelt in the first place.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Looks like he’s becoming a whipping boy to me, he was shocking today but that doesn’t wipe out the dozen solid appearances prior to it.

He’s a confidence player and taking an elbow to the mush then being sent off has dented it. No need to call him * in general, that isn’t the case IMO.

Pearse67*, HTG and Taz like this.
  3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Made a similiar comment in the match thread. He has been pretty consistently solid since coming back from the hamstring lay off in the last 4-5 games, but yeah, today, maybe being a such a big game got what we would call grand final jitters when I was a kid back home, and once made a couple of errors was just compounded more and more.

But it was a really bad day for him today, bailed out by Hart et al.

Hopefully he can get back to where he has been, but do genuinely think that his spot at the centre of defence is under the most spotlight and competition from Welsh or Julien when fit.

Dan Breen and PaulM1888 like this.
  4. joemc

There is also the chance that pundits are trying to draw attention to strarfelt like kyogo offside gate ,just before the hun game .
    Look wot happens after kyogo call , many wrong called offsides , now every touch by starfelt in the box will be a major risk to us .

Pearse67* likes this.
  5. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

He had a shocker today. We know he can play better but it’s almost like he’s a confidence player. After that first mistake he looked nervous and all over the shop.

What the * was up with Michael Stewart today by the way? Did Starfelt * his wife or something? Was spitting venom every time he touched the ball.

joemc likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Hate to say it, but hes exactly the type of CB that mutant Morelarse will exploit like *. I hate to say it because I dont rate the wee * in the slightest, but if you allow the wee * to put you under pressure, and cant keep it tight, and when i mean tight i mean basically get simple things right, then he catches them out with his digs and nips at CBs, playing off their frustrations.

Not taking anything away from previous solid performances, but that today was extremely concerning.

As someone said, hes too much of a confidence player. He always seems a brainfart away from losing the plot altogether.

The last time he had a shocker like that he was man enough to admit it, go back to training and came out way more solid.

We need him to do the same again. * asap.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. joemc

Nah his bf m8

8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    The commentators were shocking, everything he did they made a huge meal of it, one of the hun commentator almost cheered penalty then quickly caught himself ha

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I noticed he copped another wack to the face in the second half. He wasn’t playing great at the time but then the horror period followed soon after.

Was brutal today.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nightmare the day.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looked like he had turned the corner after coming back from injury but has been poor the last few games. Was dreadful yesterday, that header he should have burried, all alone a few yards from goal. And totally switches off for their goal, lucky not to give away a penalty too.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Said the same thing at the game for the corner he gave away for absolutely no reason other than he got caught under it.

He's not hopeless but I also don't think he's good enough for us either. Not commanding in the air, not quick over ground, lunges in when he doesn't need to.

We need another CB of CCV's quality if we're going to get sustained success with Ange's system.

scuzzy, JC Anton and mayo like this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    You seriously suggesting that Julien has never been better than Starfelt?

15. Pacific Ocean Blue

Julien is pretty good in the oppositions box at corners but he's suspect when it comes to marking a big target man. Dykes got a move down south based on bullying Julien every time he played against him.

16. Mince.Charming

Dykes has proved for Scotland that he's a handful. I've seen him bully a lot of defenders.
    He would have been a better, cheaper back up option for us than Ajeti, Bayo, kimala and maybe Giakoumakis.

Mickmac likes this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think what a lot of supporters forget is that many players that come here do not have experience of playing in high pressure, high stakes, games like cup finals. That is his first trophy, and quite possibly the first final he has ever played in, all in his first season at a new club playing a different style, is it really that surprising if nerves got to him a bit? At least Kyogo had the experience of winning a couple of cups while in Japan, and what it requires.

All I am hoping for is that he has learned from that experience and is a bit more relaxed going forward, now he has that under his belt, and gets back to the player we had been seeing recently, hopefully even improve on that.

18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    He was terrible yesterday

19. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Had a bad game, but happens Julien used to get tortured by Livingston, he has been on a consistent run of form, ill put it down to nerves of the final.

20. Pacific Ocean Blue

I like him but i think he's kicked on since moving down South, he turned up against Celtic and I think it was because he knew he'd bully Julien all game.

Mince.Charming likes this.