1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great to read all the glowing reviews of the big man, he's been some signing for sure. That double save man, unbelievable :notworthy

Crilly and Tommy25 like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Crazy how good he's been..

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Let’s just say if it’s Bain it’s points dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    It's a pleasure to watch a keeper who actually does what he's paid to do

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ll get laughed at more than likely but I would say this current period is the best he’s played his entire career.

Didn’t see him every minute week in and week out at City but he had a weekly howler in him.

The focus and determination that being discarded by everyone and sundry has given him has taken him up levels.

It’s been a marriage made in heaven at the most perfect time.

neilly1987 and Slaw like this.
  7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He has a howler in him, but what keeper hasn't.

Attitude is second to none, and a good * keeper to boot.

snails67 likes this.
  8. Dubliner1

You do not have the career Joe has had unless your top class. He went through a bad patch for certain reasons. As stated above looks back to almost his best when he was in his late 20s. Keep it up big man

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I remember he was talked about having a really weak side. Think it was getting down to his left side that he was supposedly really weak at..

2 of his best saves here have been that side, today and the rebound and Leverkusen away the double save..

The Phoenix and PaulM1888 like this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Apart from the one with his foot against AZ I think all of his big saves have been to his left as well :giggle1:

The Phoenix and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ONE of the sticks used to beat Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou in the early part of his reign was that while his attacking style may have been thrilling, his refusal to buckle to pragmatism left his defence vulnerable, and ultimately porous.

It may be surprising to learn then that Joe Hart and the defenders in front of him have racked up the most clean sheets in the Scottish Premiership this season with nine to their name, recording five of those shut-outs in their last six games.

Goalkeeper Hart may be forgiven for taking at least a portion of his satisfaction at such statistics from proving Celtic’s critics wrong, but he is instead delighted to be proving manager Postecoglou right for placing his faith in the likes of himself, Carl Starfelt and Cameron Carter-Vickers in the summer

People are all wired up differently, but I don’t really go out to prove people wrong,” Hart said. “My nature is more to try and prove people right.

“All of us - myself, Jura (Josip Juranovic) when he’s played, Carl, Cam – we’ve all been brought to the club because they’ve believed in us.

“Obviously Anthony (Ralston) has been here, Greg (Taylor) too and the other guys who were here before they’ve believed in them too, but we’ve been brought here because they believe we can do a job.

“I’d like to think we’re doing a good job proving those people right at the moment.”

What has been the key behind those improved defensive performances though?

“It’s defending as an XI and attacking as an XI,” he said. “The manager has made that very clear from the moment he came in.

“Everyone is connected, right the way up to the matchday squad of 18 or however many it is for a cup game.

“We’re all connected, we’re all involved, and we’re all responsible.

“I think doing it as a collective is really helping.”

Hart has played under some of the best coaches the world of football has to offer, but few have demanded as much of him as Postecoglou, particularly in regards to using his feet rather than his hands

But even at this advanced stage of his football career, Hart is happy to put himself through the necessary hours on the training field, and take the lessons on board that his manager imparts upon him, for one very simple reason; he trusts the process.

Hart is at the stage of his career where he questions the purpose of everything he does in his preparation, but it is crystal clear to the former England number one just why Postecoglou is demanding the things he does from him and his teammates.

It is that clarity of message and purpose that has Hart and the rest of the Celtic squad running through brick walls for their manager, and why Postecoglou rates as one of the best managers the 34-year-old has worked with.

“In terms of the style of play, I’ve been very impressed by the manager and the way he puts things across,” he said.

“You can be very blasé and just tell people that you want to play out from the back, but there’s a process to it.

“What I love is that there’s reasons behind what I do. For me personally with the point I’m at in my career, and with my understanding of football, I like to ask why we are doing something. And I don’t find myself asking why much with this style.

“It makes a lot of sense and it is perfectly explained. I’m really enjoying it, I’m really loving working under him.

It’s testing, but in a good way. There’s an awful lot of information, but the reasons why we do things are very clear, and that’s the way I like to work.

“That’s what I’m really enjoying.”

On a personal level, Hart’s influence has been credited by his teammates as a huge factor in their recent fine form, but his performances on the pitch haven’t been bad either.

Yes, he can still send the hearts of Celtic fans aflutter on occasion as he gets to grip with his dribbling and passing, but it is in his old-fashioned shot-stopping that he has been impressing of late.

A quiet afternoon against Motherwell on Sunday was punctuated by a world-class stop from a deflected Sean Goss effort, before he got up to spread himself to also deny Tony Watt.

“I feel good, I’m loving being a part of the style of play we’re involved in,” he said.

“Probably to the guys who look at stats in terms of shots faced, you could say I’m not facing many, but I feel very involved and very attached to the game, however that may be.

“Every now and again I have to make a save, the guys don’t ask me to step up and do that very often, so I’m just trying to do my best when that comes along.”

The next stop for Celtic during this hectic festive fixture schedule is the Highlands tonight, as they travel to Dingwall to face Ross County.

It is hardly the ideal preparation for Sunday’s League Cup Final against Hibernian, but Hart knows that this match has just as much value in the context of Celtic’s ambitions for the season as a showpiece occasion at Hampden.

Sunday doesn’t even come into it,” he said.

“We go to Ross County with all our focus, all our energy, and all our squad ready to do a job on the night.

“It’s going to be a tough game. We want to put ourselves in the best position to do well and hopefully pick up maximum points. We are fully aware of the threats they pose.

“There’s no getting away from what we’re trying to do here. We focus on it full-time, we put games to bed quickly, and we focus on the next one.

“Ross County are going to get our full focus. The game on Sunday is put to bed, everyone’s thoughts and focus is on Ross County now, and after that we’ll look to the cup final.

“That’s how it is.”

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That recovery at 1-1…

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Total leader, defended Starfelt then gave him a wee subtle boot in * to stop talking to ref

Dan Breen and Liam Scales like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Love how he spreads his self..

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Naughty

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    With his shampoo :fear: :giggle1:

The Phoenix and Zander like this.
  18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    382273D9-E7F9-463D-8759-2A0BF8ACCFB2.gif

bagforlife and McChiellini.. like this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think he should have been out collecting the ball that they scored from.

* hero but

Rydo1888* and Damnati like this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dont know but there was a lot of traffic between him and the ball.