1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury list: Ange's philosophy, or squad depth?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Dec 10, 2021.

Discuss Injury list: Ange's philosophy, or squad depth? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

craigtheceltic likes this.
  2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    * squad depth and players not use to the intensity imo

3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Anton also worked for 10 years at Spurs as a fitness coach. So I doubt it’s got anything to do with him.

On Ange’s previous experience, in Japan and Australia they don’t play as much, looking at approximately 40 games per season in Japan and 30 games per season in Australia. That’s quite a big difference considering players are already approaching those levels.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Add to that the difference in temperature. Here warm ups are much more important due to the freezing temperatures and wind chill at this time of year, on top of heavy pitches that are usually pretty waterlogged compared to what Ange is used to.

Kyogo did not have time to warm up properly before he was thrown on due to Ajeti's injury and I think that is a major factor in what did for him as he goes from zero to full sprint more than any other player we have.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    First thing I noticed was that he had minimal warm up. I was more worried about that in the first half, because he should have had time in the 15 minute break to sort it.

When he chased back, I thought don’t do it! As soon as he made the awkward challenge I had the fear in me straight away.

TBH I saw a number of players slip last night, think one of the Real Betis players even changed their boots to get more traction. It’s one thing I’ve noticed about the pitches at night in Scotland.

Out of interest, I know some teams in the Premier League were using heat lamps to dry pitches and help keep the grass growing in the depth of winter, I guess it’s stupid to ask, but do Celtic have any heat lamps?

6. scootz

It's a mix of both - we simply don't have the depth of squad to play the way we do match after match.

It's been apparent for some time now that our players have been out on their feet in the last third of matches. We've been hanging on in games that we really shouldn't have been. That's down to the tempo Ange is asking a small core of players to perform to.

I like Ange's style of play, and I hope we build a squad that can do it justice, but we don't have it right now and he should have adapted his playing style to suit our circumstances. He didn't, and sadly it looks like it may have bitten us on the *!

I said it last week - we're gong to have a broken squad come the January window... any new recruits won't be adding quality - they'll just be filling the most recently acquired gaps!

Hopefully the injury list isn't as bad as we fear...

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's both, there's obviously a severe lack of squad depth and, as you said, Hamstring injuries (if it's a hamstring injury) sadly can happen, it's unfortunate.

However, if said injury happened against Motherwell, nobody would really be blaiming Ange, it's instead happened in a pointless game where Kyogo didn't even need to be on the pitch (He also brought Mcgregor and Turnbull on, just not worth it)

Probably the first time this season I've properly got annoyed at Ange. All it takes is us dropping points at the weekend and we're in * creek.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's usually undersoil heating and I think they use LEDs to stimulate growth rather than heat lamps, like you get for greenhouses or growing plants indoors.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Bring back the magic sponge

10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Both, and add the issues with playing surfaces at Lennoxtown, plus the weak physio/medical department.