1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Get the Japanese flag raised above Celtic Park with the tri colour...:Kyogo::ange:

2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol, I’m sure this is why we are hearing numerous names from Japan, plenty of lines in the water, looking for the Marlins but we’ll take Tuna too
    :Kyogo::ange2:

3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The Japanese international then appeared to leave it in little doubt that he's scored his last goal for the club.

Maeda said: "I never imagined I would end the season as top scorer in the league. I feel I have been able to prove I was a good signing here.

"As always it was great to score, but I would have liked to have ended the season with a win.

"I've had a great season although I am disappointed we never managed to win the title, but on a personal level, I am very proud I was able to finish as top scorer.

"I always want more goals. You can never score enough.

"I believe this team can go on and have a great season next year too. Whatever happens, Marinos are a great club.

"I've never hidden my ambition to play in Europe. When I tried before in Portugal, Covid ruined it for me.

"This season has changed everything for me. Goals and a call-up for my country. For me, it's just the start."

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Postecoglou is understood to be lining up a triple swoop in Japan – planning a raid on his former club Yokohama F Marinos for hitman Daizen Maeda, plus Kawasaki midfielder Reo Hatate and former Leeds United playmaker Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka.

The Hoops boss remained tight-lipped on the transfer target but he insisted Celtic are busting a gut to seal deals early in the January window.

He said: “Myself, (chief exec) Michael Nicholson, all the key people at the football club, we’re working really hard. We want to be well organised and get the right players in.

“I know what we need in terms of making our squad a bit more well rounded and robust for a challenging second half of the year.

“We’ll just keep working away. No deals are done yet, nothing’s been signed.

“I know people get excited about names and I’ve probably been linked with the whole of the J-League.

“There’s also the Korean league that is decent, if you want to go fishing there. There will be plenty of names.

“From my perspective, we know what we need – and I’m fairly confident we‘ll get them in and get them in early.”

Postecoglou admitted he’s keen to plunder the Far East market though – with the Japanese leagues now over and players ready to move.

He said: “I don’t want to say that – because everyone will go there and start looking.

“I’m obviously at an advantage because I worked there.

“It would be silly of me not to use the experience I have and the knowledge I have.

“That’s why we got Kyogo here. I was 100 per cent certain he would do well, especially with the way we play.

“And it’s not just Kyogo. If you look at all the big leagues around the world, you’ll see Asian players.

“Not just from Japan but from Korea, from Australia, from Iran. There are some very good footballers on that side of the world.

“But if people don’t want to look there, I’m happy to be the only one.”

Postecoglou has concerns about Jota but he revealed James Forrest was only taken off at half time at Tannadice as a precaution.

He said: “I’m hoping it’s nothing too bad. He felt a bit tight and, with the game going the way it was going, we had enough injuries coming off the last game.

“Liel Abada needed a bit of a run anyway, so we wanted to put him on.

“I don’t know if it’s anything serious. But it was more of a precaution than anything else.”

Rydo1888* and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd take Siegrist on a free and punt Bain and Barkas in a heartbeat.

CelticBoabie, Dan Breen and Damnati like this.
  6. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

We're turning Japanese
    I think we're turning Japanese
    I really think so

:Kyogo:

NomDePlum likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    What helps Bain is being one of the cat b players in Europe. Certain players will always hold that as an advantage.

8. saltire78

Thing is, we've not really seen Bain in a team behind a settled defence like CCV and Starfelt are at the moment. Not saying he's in the long-term plans, but mightn't be as brutal as some are saying. Barkas, I'd get out in a heartbeat, no matter how much we lose...

Personally, I'd still stick with Hazard; loaned out, and a new backup and Doohan in as 3rd. If Hazard doesn't develop, move him on in summer

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Bain is nowhere NEAR as bad as some folk like to make out

He's a solid back up imo. Capable and more than good enough to cover Hart.

Unfortunately our keeper situation has been in a * mess for a while and because Bain was seen as a back up, he came in for a * load of criticism, slot of it undeserved.

But I'd have him ahead of EVERY keeper we've had since BR's first season, with the obvious exception of Lurch and Joe.

Barkas is another as story.

I would let the * hold my drink never mind a football. Quite possibly one of the worst signings in our modern history.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mental if we sign 4 Japanese lads on the space of 6 months.

Can you imagine the marketing and attention the club would get?

Christ, nakamura changed things for us on his own, Koki Mizuno even brought a bit of fan fair himself.
    These 4 lads would have the club being the most talked about club outside of their own clubs.

Mental, has any major club in Europe ever had so many Asian players from one country before?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its such an untaped market its unreal. If it actually works and we do brilliant in Europe then it'll be the last time it'll be this easy to sign such players so cheap.

Rogicisgod and Peej like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We could, unintentionally, have stumbled in to a bit of a development market here as well. It is always tough to bring players from out with Europe to the UK, but some clubs really have a untappped market they use - leipzig with their Bavarian markets, Ajax with their Scandinavian and South African market, the Portuguese and their Brazilian markets.

Us getting in on a market that is producing decent talent, wouldn't be a bad thing.
    For a change.

craigtheceltic, honda and Dublin Celt like this.
  13. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If that all happens, it'll be some window.

NomDePlum, Dublin Celt and Hammy89 like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Business getting done early.

possibly a brilliant start to January already

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. oh bhoy

Do these guys still have to quarantine for 10 days or is that done away with

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Happy * Christmas if all that happens.. that's some window

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Next up on sky sports.. live from Tokyo talking bout Celtic