1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. marty89

Better get on these respective teams forums and tell them all the referees got it wrong then. That a buzzword which isn't even in the rulebook is actually the real litmus test for fouling inside the area.

Also, this conspiracy theory that Porteus is a dirty player is laughable when compared to reality;

Screenshot_20211202_224555.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202_224311.jpg Screenshot_20211202_224340.jpg

3 red cards in 4+ seasons? Bombscare? *

Hear a lot of the same crap on a Monday night after rangers play Hibs mind you. Big Porteus continually bullies that lot and so the only way to beat it is to bully him in the press and hope people without a shred of statistical or in person knowledge buy into it.

2. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Somebody’s on the glue…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlekennie likes this.
  3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Anyone who thinks the refereeing in Scotland is fair is delusional. There are so many examples to give even just this season it would take too long to list them. There are some pens that 'could be given' or not be given and it's amazing how many are given to certain teams and not to others. The same with sending offs. There were a couple of clear bookings for Hearts last night that weren't given then the first name in the book is Montgomery.
    There will be honest mistakes during a season but there is also bias and I don't think the 'honest mistakes' level themselves out by the end of a season, not in this country.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The goal wasn't offside.

Haven't seen the Hun penalty decision but from Hibs player comments sounds like a tight decision - a bit like our onside goal.

What was terrible yesterday was Hearts making it to halftime with 11 men. 2 definite yellows by then, and if one of those has been a red still think there couldn't have been any complaints.

5. Pacific Ocean Blue

I hope we get VAR in Scotland so this thread dies

6. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Bombscare - yes, he's * pish.

Oh and he should have had another 2 red cards in the last 2 months alone for tackles on McGregor & Aribo.

He's a dirty *, and an average football player.

7. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    It was offside, and if we conceded a goal to that decision i'd have been * raging.

saltire78 likes this.
  8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This part I agree with. We'd be raging I'd it was the huns goal

9. saltire78

That's it lads... We got a borderline, slight offside goal in our favour... Everyone ditch the bias and conspiracy talk, it's all evened out now... Just like we were told it would! :fear:

10. murphy88

There is a clear bias with the refereeing in Scotland. There is years and years of evidence to back that up. However, we cannot complain about the last two nights, the huns got a penalty that was a penalty, and our goal looked touch and go, I’d say just off, but cannot be certain without VAR. We were fortunate that Madden stopped the game when Jota went down injured as well. Hearts had the ball in a great area and I was amazed he pulled it back, especially when it wasn’t a head knock.

Mickmac likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It was onside. If a player is ahead of all defenders, and the other striker is behind the ball (kyogo) at that point its onside. Good call. Like when you see 2 attackers on the keeper and they pass it across and no defenders in sight. Thats not offside and neither was this. Learn the rules.

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This is the worst of it for me. Ignore the Hun games officiating and just look at ours exclusively - the number of atrocious fouls that don't even get a talking to let alone a yellow is insane.

Even last night the first foul of the game in the first minute the * goes straight down Ralston's ankle a good second after he put the ball past him. It set the tone for those dirty * to kick our players freely.

* the refs.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I really don't think it was. I was at the match and was 100% sure at that point it was offside. Having seen it on Sportscene I'm 95% sure it's onside.

Not as definite sure but do think the decision was correct.

We have a different opinion of it. Fair enough. Definitely onside though :50:.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thought it was about as bad a game by a referee for what you've just outlined as I've seen.

JML67 likes this.
  15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    VAR might help from the point of view that it holds the refs accountable, but it will still be the same masons making the decisions. Take a tight offside call like last night’s for example - does anyone honestly think that someone like Dallas would look equally at an instance involving Kyogo, compared to one involving say Morelos? Not a chance.

While it’s still those masons making those decisions, we’re at a disadvantage. Is there another league in the world where referees are allowed to be involved in games involving the club they support (or their direct rivals)? I doubt it.

Mickmac and Twisty like this.
  16. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Got a vid of this?

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This what gets me about this thread. We maybe have gotten a decision in our favour for once last night and people are on here arguing if it was a right or wrong call. Some people are even starting to say that perhaps there is no bias in Scottish football and things do even themselves out but, ffs, for every one decision we might get, the huns get them ten fold and on a game by game basis. Another thing, does anyone think that the huns fans after getting countless decisions in their favour go on their bigoted forums to debate whether they were right or wrong?. Anyway, no doubt the SMSM will do enough arguing about it for all of us and come to their conclusion which will be as measured as fat Boyd's rant about it last night

Big els and Mickmac like this.
  18. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Ha - fair play mate, it's all about opinions and all that good stuff.

NomDePlum likes this.
  19. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Seen a stat not sure how accurate it was, saying the huns gained something like 21 points directly after wrong decisions, opposition red cards/offside goals/penalties etc

Wee Baldy likes this.
  20. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    I am well aware of the rules - i'm just of the opinion kyogo wasn't in that position. An opinion, I should add, that is held by quite a lot of people (who also know the rules.)

saltire78 likes this.