1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    This plus a goalkeeper and I think we'll win the league. If we fail to make these signings, injuries and burnout will cost us.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hatate, is a LB.. Predominantly.

martin_d likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Also worth remembering, just because Kyogo hit the ground running and has adjusted seamlessly.. There's no guarantee this will apply to any others..

Physically and psychologically they will be ready for break, we may need bare this in mind.

Hammy89 and Mince.Charming like this.
  4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He’s played left back 5 times this season. He’s also a right footer. Be as well keeping Juranovic there if you’re signing him as a left back.

craigtheceltic and martin_d like this.
  5. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Think he's more a midfielder who has been filling in at LB. And as Celtic_Daft says, he's right-footed. We had better be singing him to play in midfield!

JC Anton likes this.
  6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems to be being widely reported/rumoured, so there clearly can't be an issue.

7. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Kyogo had played in all but one of japan's international games since they resumed though. It would appear both deals are at an advanced stage now so must be fine.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hopefully get him in and find out..

If he can bring that energy to CM as well as playing full back, then great.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm keen on players like hatate, but we better identify what position he actually is and sign him for that position/role.

We've now got jursnovic, boli, scales, monty, Taylor who are all able to play left back, yet neither is good enough or meant to be playing there.

Can we just sign a * left back of quality already?!? And less of the versatility players who we pretend can play two positions in the one game.

If that's hatate because he is capable of playing both left back and cm to a high standard and we want to play the inverted wingbacks, then brilliant. But sign him as that option and lot have him doing two jobs at the one time and selling ourselves short yet again in adequate depth.

Hatate at left back, means we need another 2 cm above and beyond that.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    To be fair, I think we have tried to punt Boli, Montgomery has been tried this season and isn’t the answer, probably never will be, Scales was clearly a Desmond signing and Juranovic was brought in as a right back to fight it out with Tony.

That being said, I don’t think he will be played at left back. Ryan Christie was overrated and he * a lot of us off but no one can deny we have missed his energy in the midfield at times. Turnbull, Rogic, Bitton, McCarthy are slower than a week in jail. Soro isn’t favoured, rightly so and McGregor is the only man in our midfield who can get the ball and drive or close down quickly. Hatate can play as a CM or an attacking mid, like Christie did. I’m all for that.

Peej likes this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Benfica is giving more game time to a loan player and they Have Everton playing left wing.

Jota is not getting any game time if he went back.

CCV is not gonna get into the Spurs first team either.

Do you honestly think the club have viable back ups if they don’t sign? Cause I don’t you just need to look at our recruitment over the last few years and then what happened with Howe this season.

12. bhoy81

I know they will try and offer deals at the end of summer, I would just like them to be proactive for once.

That’s why I would like to strike when the iron is hot, player of the month, seeing how the fans love him etc (Jota)

I honestly can’t say I have faith in the people running the club cause they have * it for years and especially last season.

Fingers crossed they both sign at the end of the season.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Totally agree man.
    Just sick of seeing us with so many "options" at left back, yet none are actually good enough/meant to be there.

Want to see jursnovic and Ralston fighting for that right back position and likewise get a quality left back in who makes it his own/makes Taylor up his game (lord knows why we actually extended that deal).

As for the middle, you're 100% correct with that break down.

McGregor is the only one worth having in the midfield just now (the two positions, not Rogic in the ten).

Ideally need another 2 (even 3) just for central midfield.
    All at the level of McGregor or better to be honest.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I like Bitton. I think having him in there in games like we had on Thursday, away to Leverkusen, away to Betis.. these tough away games. Even the odd games in the league. I think we do need to replace Christie in midfield and I think Hatate will do that. I reckon Maeda will be an option up top/LW.

Then we need a left back and another centre mid. Berg is definitely one I would be looking at. Don’t want to miss out on him like we did with Thomas Delaney. They both seem tidy players.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    None of that changes the fact the ball is in the players court. if they say they want to wait until the end of the season before they make a decision what do you do? Force the issue and give them a deadline then risk having an unhappy player for the crucial end of the season? If they don't agree to sign in January do you bring someone else in and not play Jota or CCV for the rest of the season?

16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Wont really force him, but after thinking about it i think that Ange will need a answer atleast a couple of months before the loan expires, to get time to replace him.

17. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think the negotiations will start in the new year to keep both Jota and CCV but it will take a few weeks/months to get them over the line.

I don’t think it will be as easy as

(Postecoglou) “hey big man what do you want a week to stay”
    (CCV) “30k and as much Irn Bru as I can drink”
    (Postecoglou) “25k and and 2 cans a day max”
    (CCV) “Do I also get to kick the fck out of Morelos”
    (Postecoglou) That’s a Given
    (CCV) Deal

18. bhoy81

I never said force them, but at least explore the option.

Where did I say if they don’t sign bring someone else in?

I said it would be nice for us to be proactive, they don’t sign permanent then we make sure that we have replacements sorted for the next window, and let’s be honest here we won’t have anything in place like always.

19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There's no harm in asking but, as I said, the ball is in their court and there isn't much we can do to press the issue. And I didn't claim you said to bring others in I was asking what do we do if they say they want to take ther time over what is a very important decision for their careers and listing some possible scenarios to illustrate it's not that straightforward.
    And if you look at my original post I also said we should have viable alternatives lined up so that if they say they aren't signing we aren't left in the lurch. I think we both want the same thing here, it just don't see it happening in January as the decision isn't in the boards hands, it's in the players.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We've been working towards it for a while and all our planning is about making sure that we get the deals done as early as possible.

As you guys are all aware we're living in a weird world right now. Things change day to day.

I can sit here and say 'yeah, we'll have everything done' and then the world decides a different fate for us all.

We've just got to be agile and dynamic. We're doing our work and I'm really confident in the progress we're making.

The idea is we get deals done early but at the same time, there are always obstacles that can't be foreseen.

We've just got to make sure we're efficient and ready to strike early.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021