1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Aye if we leave it and he doesn’t sign then why not act sooner rather than later

2. bhoy81

Heads will always get turned we need to make sure when it does they are a Celtic player and we get the money

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Because the club has a set budget for the year. We need to improve the team in January, spending it all on 2 players we already have is stupid.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. bhoy81

So being proactive instead of reactive Is stupid?

The powers at be got us into this mess in the first place, we still have money from player sales that hasn’t been used.

Net spend we haven’t spent a penny in years. If they want to win the league then getting Jota and CCV signed on permanent deals is a must.

Having to possibly fill though positions once again next season will be another set back. So it’s not stupid at all.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    apevrak likes this.
  5. saltire78

Because it puts your * at the table first for signing talks. Either the pay and terms are agreed in advance and it's just signed or we will be negotiating from a weakened standpoint in June, with the agent asking for the inevitable EPL level wages he can get by not signing... Maybe I'm just the pessimist, but I don't believe for 1 second we'll secure either in this window, and I'll be surprised if the meetings even happen

6. bhoy81

I know it puts us first, the context of the replies for me is wait and see till the end of the season.

Why get the deal over the line now, the loan fee to buy doesn’t stipulate it has to be activated at the end of the loan.

Mira clear to see he is one of the best players we have had come in for a good few years now and extremely talented.

To gamble thinking he will just sign at the end of it forms is poor planning.

We need to be making the deal permanent now or making every effort to make sure he doesn’t go at the end. If that is the case and we don’t sign him then every effort should be made to get a replacement in.

7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We better have something special lined up for January because this squad as it is ain't gonna win the title.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and Dan Breen like this.
  8. Damnati

It's obvious we need more depth. Spending £10m on Jota and CCV in January won't get us any further forward.

Spend it on other areas, secure the league, buy Jota and CCV.

On top of that, the players won't be interested right now. I'm sure they've both said they want to see out the season then see what happens. It's the sensible thing for everybody in this case I think.

Creativecelt likes this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Couple of early signings needed. Hatate, Maeda and a proper left back would given a massive lift.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hatate would/will be massive for us..

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    We really need to get some quality and depth on the squad.
    An injury away from critical and we can't afford that.

We could struggle with burnout from now till January.
    Midfield needs help
    Strikers need help.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Right now we need to be reactive. React to the problems in our squad now. Winning the league this season will bring a champions league place. That is what will encourage players like Jota to join us. We need to concentrate on adding quality to our squad. We * this season up we * next season up too.

13. bhoy81

You have said it yourself winning the league will bring champions league money.

Being proactive will help us achieve that instead of waiting and see being reactive.

The board hasn’t pushed the boat out at all even when we could have. Being reactive makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The club could buy both Jota and CCV plus strengthen the squad further. Let’s not kid ourselves on here we still have money in the bank from player sales.

14. bhoy81

We are gambling once again with players when we don’t need to.

They could both easily leave at the end of the season even if we win the league and we are back to square one trying to replace them.

Jota could be the next big player we have at the club, for 6.5 million it’s a no brainier, a few seasons down the line we will get at least trouble that for him.

Some of the short sightedness not only at the club but the way they have projected this to the fans is concerning.

We have money to spend, I know we need to strengthen the squad in other areas but if we do it on the cheap again and then lose both Jota and CCV then we will be in a bigger mess than the start of last season.

For the first time I want the club to prepare for the start of next season and get this January window right.

Damnati likes this.
  15. JackRussel

There is a lot of wisdom in your words, I like that. But it seems that the club management has different views on their money :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    bhoy81 likes this.
  16. Damnati

I agree with some of the sentiment, I just think ultimately the players themselves will want to wait until the end of the season and in reality that will probably suit us also as it allows us to reinforce other areas of the team.

Why do you think if we decide to buy now that the players will automatically agree? They aren't stupid, they're professionals with agents and they will want to be in the best bargaining position possible, which is at the end of the season. They may even have been sounded out about this privately already. They've certainly been sounded out publicly and they both said the same thing, worry about that at the end of the season.

We clearly need at least 3 more players. I cannot see us paying £10m for CCV and Jota then also signing 3 starting quality players.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Win the league, jota signs. Simple.

18. bhoy81

Im not saying they will agree but the fact of the matter is, strike when the iron is hot, you can see Jota is enjoying his football the bond he has with the team and the club and offering him a permanent deal could sway him to sign early.

CCV contract runs out at the the end of the season, we have an option to buy him for the reported 3 million it’s something we should be looking at because I can’t see big Chris coming back anytime soon either, that’s if he makes a full recovery.

I don’t see the board doing it either spending on them and bringing others in but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t voice our concerns regarding it.

The board have been far too reactive in the past and it’s completely * us.

For once I want them to be proactive, get the players in from January have them ready for next season and rubber stamp that champions league spot.

Instead they will gamble once again, lose the league, both CCV and Jota go back or sign for other clubs and we have no champions league money and have to cut our cloth further and still have to replace both CCV and Jota.

The the direct above happens then we are going to be handing them a war chest to keep them alive like the board did in WGS last January window.

19. oh bhoy

i dont think we will even even try to secure ccv and jota untill we have won the league and know the champions league money is coming plus theres also the possibily of the whole thing being locked down again ,i dont this board would risk that. i worried that we are gonna be looking for projects this window as i think ange said something to that effect in an interview a while back , i cant and wont trust this board to do get what we need in terms of players ,* we were lucky spurs loaned us ccv at the last minute as we just gave up on improving the defence last time

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. There may be a deal between the club and the player already agreed to sign up. CCV has another year left on his contract after this season. We should pay the £10m for both. If we sign up a left back, winger and midfielder in January, we only need to sign they 2 boys up in the summer.