1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GreenLeanMean

Its becoming more apparent that we need another striker. We're like a different team when Kyogo isn't on the pitch. Giakoumakis may come good but we can't bank on that.

Box to box / creative midfielder. We just don't have adequate replacements if McGregor, Rogic or turnbull are out. I think we could be in trouble if more than one of them are missing.

Left back. Juranovic is doing a fine job there but its not his natural position. Happy with Taylor/ Monty as back ups but need a quality LB to make that position his own.

Those positions are a must for me.
    Also get Jota on a perm asap!

2. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    This transfer window is important. We NEEEEDD! quality additions.

3. oh bhoy

Out:
    Ajeti
    Barky
    Taylor
    Bolingoli
    Johnston
    Mccarthy
    I'd even cut soro,giakomackis,urhoghide and Shaw loose if they ain't looking like getting in the team

In:
    Lb
    Lw
    2 central midfielders one attacking on defensive
    And a striker

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Heb Celt

Totally trusting in Ange to bring in exactly what we need and move on whoever is not going to cut it here.Don’t think I’ve looked forward to a transfer as much as this one as you know it’ll just be quality players coming in.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We just need the board to back him. They haven't a great track record when it comes to that however, they must know that our manager is on the verge of creating something special here and it would enable them to gain access to the big guaranteed rewards through direct entry to the CL. If they fail to deliver (again) then then the anger from our fans will be extreme

6. Pearse67*

So that would leave us with kyogo as our only striker?

Not to mention taylor just signed a new deal, mccarthy just signed a 4 year deal.

It isnt fifa ffs.

7. oh bhoy

Not if we signed another striker it wouldnt,I'm not saying it's in anyway probable we would get rid of McCarthy and Taylor it's what I would do

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just wishful. And I would also throw in Bain to that wish list.

oh bhoy likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    2 CM's.
    LB
    Young no10
    ST
    LW
    Backup GK.

Is my wishlist.

Will only see 4 max, I think.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Crying out for some steel and energy..

Get outmuscled far too easily and beat too frequently from set pieces..

An injection of pace and quality in the middle is badly needed. A couple of player's needed there..

A quick, natural, attacking left back
    A dynamic, box to box 8
    A quick, versatile front man to help Kyogo

I'd be content with that but another centre mid who has a bit of steel and can play would also be lovely..

Aye a young loan to buy 10 would be useful for when Tam is needing a break..

Wee Baldy, JC Anton and Pearse67* like this.
  11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

We need a big imposing left back. Quite urgently. We also need an attacker out of Japan, hopefully Maeda but the more I hear his name the more I think it won’t happen. We’re ok everywhere else once we sign one more central midfielder. Hopefully someone with height.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s not even about Giakoumakis coming good. He’s a completely different option to Kyogo. He can hold the ball up and bring others into play. We need a player similar to Kyogo so we don’t have to change our approach when he’s not on the pitch.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  13. john2061

We are badly short in midfield we need two attacking midfielders and another striker and a left back and would like to see another centre half coming in .
    Think the midfield was out on their feet but we had no replacements for McGregor or Turnbull .

14. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We need a pacey and a physical dynamic midfielder, Julian needs to get up to speed asap. Maeda would be great and a left back who can overlap jota to create the space for him to run into bcoz him 1 on 1 will allow him to run riot.

craigtheceltic and Twisty like this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Maeda would be perfect to come off the bench and replace Kyogo in games like last night.

craigtheceltic and JC Anton like this.
  16. Pearse67*

Someone like that Andrich lastnight, he was solid, strong, a bit of steel as you say.

Think they got him from union berlin, id love a player of that ilk in our midfield just now.

Someone like petrov, good getting up and down the park, strong and plenty of determination. We are defo missing a midfielder arriving into the box.

17. Pearse67*

Giakoumakis does look a little unfit but if he does get up to speed i wouldnt mind kyogo just playing either behind or off him, picking up loose balls and that.

MacEwan likes this.
  18. apevrak

Do people on here really think we're going to bring in genuine first team quality in the January window? History says no. The penny pinching will continue.

Last time we brought in a quality player on a perm deal in January was Stuart Armstrong in 2015. Seven years ago. Since then we brought poorly scouted players who never really made it here.

19. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry but I very much doubt this board will sanction significant money for any forward players. Not after signing 4 in the summer as well as having forrest and Johnstone fit and available. Tbh abada and Johnstone(huge question mark) should be adequate back up to the starting wingers anyway, just maybe dont sub the entire front line like it's a preseason friendly.

Midfield is really where we need additions. Rogic cannot be relied on, Bitton is no more than adequate cover and turnbull is just not good enough. We desperately need 2 additions in midfield. An established, energetic no 8 type and a 10 that could rotate with rogic.

Pretty sure we can also forget about any additions to defence unless bolingoli is moved on.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I do think this window will be different..

Ange will be all over Japan and Asia, as their league will be over.

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.