1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 21, 2021.

Discuss Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

* sickening

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    As are Bayer Leverkusen... What's your point caller?

Pearse67* and Garrymac1888 like this.
  3. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    For as much as Ralston has improved, he has sold himself short dramatically tonight and was at fault for all 2 if not all 3 goals.
    Runs into his team mate and loses that * for a free header.
    Second touch was a tackle and hoofs the ball out wide then doesn't get back into his RB position in time for the cross ball and is caught underneath.
    Then the 3rd strolls out and stops 4yrds shy allowing the boy to chip in the ball for the volley.

Thats a good team we played, but we need to be more street wise in Europe.

Unacceptable!

4. JamesM09

I’m gutted people aren’t seeing the bigger picture. Ange isn’t stupid. He put out the team that was winning this game comfortably and he made the subs knowing it would likely cost the game.

He has to manage the whole season.

The league is the priority. It won’t be won in December but it can certainly be lost. Would you rather McCarthy and Ajeti tonight or McCarthy and Ajeti starting key games in the league?

Can anyone honestly say they would swap tonight for a 2-1 win and Kyogo or Forrest or Jota or Bitton taking a knock?

Jeannie960, Darksel and Bampton like this.
  5. oh bhoy

Bringing on Johnston ,mccarthy,ajeti it was only gonna go one way,which is frustrating as * as we played well just don't have the depth .Joe Hart was brilliant

6. Paradise88

We were in it until the last second.

We had a youth player and a last minute loan singing at CB.

We need to focus on the league this season to get that sweet sweet CL money.

Tonight was full of emotions which is what it's all about.

7. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't know what game you were watching buy we were never 2 goals up:39:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  8. GavCFC1

Gutted. Same as Betis, deserved at least a point, to lose from the position we were in is sickening, only ourselves to blame though, such poor goals to lose.

Lack of depth costing us again, quality off the bench nowhere near enough to keep the level we were at

9. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    They were a really good team we just aren't the finished article and will need to be patient, for me the league is number 1,2, and 3 nothing matters this season but that league

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Completely agree.

We're still rebuilding. I think some fail to see this.

At the start of the season, I'd have bitten your hand off for pushing a strong German and Spanish team all the way away from home. Both clubs are pushing for a Champions League spot next season. They're no mugs.
    I'd say you were three goals off.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Keano88

Exactly mate.

Betis and Leverkusen wouldn’t look out of place in the CL right now tbh and we’ve put in good showings against both whilst still being in the early days of a rebuild.

Time to go on a run in the conference now.

Garrymac1888, Hammy89 and Jeannie960 like this.
  12. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Hopefully by changing it when he did and how he did gives him ammo to go to the board and say we need x y and z in January. He also needs to get his own coaches in( defensive minded minimum)
    John Kennedy just hasn’t got it

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a way to go out there. So cruel..

The worst impact from a round of subs i can remember..

Played well but were hanging on for too long before their equaliser, as well as flopping breaks to kill it..

A sore one..

Pearse67* and Hammy89 like this.
  14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Really enjoyed the first 70/80 mins. Not really done this so far this year but our biggest weakness today was the subs, which falls to Ange.

We stopped when he brought them on. Forgotten his own rules there.

Not too disappointed as the league's where it is at this year but Ange needs to not be too clever sometimes.

15. Lord Gaga

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Not sour grapes but I'm happier being in the conference league. Realistically we would be beaten by any team we would play coming down from the champions league.

Couple of decent signings in January and we could have a decent crack at conference

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it was a chance for the much lauded johnson and abada, ajeti wants to look good to get a move away

cant just keep playing the same 11 every minute of every game

all this is a learning process for us as a club manager and fans we needed a stronger squad we all knew that at the start of the season the board could have bought more but for whatever reason they didnt my thoughts is they didnt want to back ange wholesale incase he never worked

but since ange has been superb and so has his players the celtic board better * back him in january and they can * of waiting till the end of january before the open the cheque book aswell

17. celtic20

It'll be difficult to analyse this game until tomorrow or the day after. That's a tough one to take. A penny for Jota's thoughts. Never a good look when you want to keep a loan player and he's going off the hero and watching his team-mates lose it for him.

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If we only conceded 1 goal in 5 mins, we had a chance to get through next week.

We conceded 2 in 5 mins, hence threw away that opportunity.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marie likes this.
  19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think we did alright, we did played some good football and we were caught out defensively. We took the game to them and 3-2 is respectable score....not what I would have hoped for but we weren't scudded like we were at Celtic Park

20. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    where to begin with that eh?

First of all there is 20-25 minutes to go why the * are you subbing Jota? its only 2-1, would Man U sub Ronaldo? would PSG sub Mbappe? no they * wouldnt. Jota and Kyogo stay on the park then we might have scored the Johnston or Turnbull chances. * insane to take them off.

Leverkuson managers not stupid, he saw Bitton was the man protecting and keeping our defence togethera nd he had his player do him off the ball, both their goals come from the 18 yard line the area where Bitton protects. now we know why McCarthy cant get a game in front of bitton, dont realize how valuable he was till he's off.

Then the referee's decision in the build up to that second goal, * is the point of VAR? the first corner in the build up is from a shot that is offside why is it not our free kick? the second corner is our goal kick and again its missed, we fail to clear the ball they come back and its 2-2, the goal should not have counted cause its come from a corner that was our goal kick but then it should never have got that far to begin with cause the whole ordeal starts with an offside shot. VAR is * pointless if it still leads to outcomes like this.

but the game was lost when Jota was subbed, why Postecoglue made that decision I'll never know, he didnt look to happy about it either.

* madness. Manager needs to learn to see out a game better, at 2-2 we're on 85 minutes why is Ralston taking a quick throw in instead of dragging out the clock, i know we wanna be an attacking side but that was just stupid. 85 minutes 2-2 and all we need is a point, run down the * clock. If Jota and Kyogo are still on then aye lets go try for a winner but we had * Johnston and Ajeti who cant lace their boots, so run down the * clock.