1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN CHRISTIE has backed Ange Postecoglou to lead Celtic to sustained success.

The Scotland star spent the summer working under the Hoops new Aussie coach prior to his Bournemouth move.

Christie who won six major honours in his Parkhead career, insists Postecouglou bring back silverware.

Asked if he has been impressed by Celtic’s progress, he said: “Yes, definitely. Before I left I was able to get a wee taste of Ange’s training.

“I tried to be quite vocal about how much I enjoyed it and how good he was.

“The longer he stays in the job, the more successful Celtic will be.

They have had some good results and performances, and some good results in Europe as well, to keep them in the hunt.

“I’m keeping an eye out for all the boys I am pally with up the road and hoping they do well.”

Christie reckons Postecoglou will continue to get the best out of ever-present David Turnbull.

He added: “Dave has been quality ever since he stepped into the Celtic side.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Be funny if in three or four years time, Ange beats Stevie G to the Liverpool gig.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Slippy G will be found out at Villa.

Tommy25, Twisty, Sydneysider and 2 others like this.
  5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The only time you'll see "Gerrard" and "Liverpool gig" used in the same sentence is alongside, "charged with assaulting a DJ".

6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    All this talk in here about Ange maybe moving on... Can we just enjoy his style of play & outstanding interviews atm, hes just in the door FFS.

7. AussieGreek

Ange gave a hint about looking at Iranian players. I wonder if Iran would even allow this since there’s two Israeli players at Celtic.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. FairDinkumMate

Have faith man…if anyone can find a solution to peace in the Middle East it’s Ange

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm in a good mood the night, perhaps Ange could be the man who spends a decade at this club, out lasting this shambles of a board and is the man to create a legacy and a football club to be proud of again.
    One that during that decade wins a European cup

We can but hope

12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That’s very optimistic mate … :56:

Peej likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/ange-shares-what-he-wants-to-fix-behind-the-scenes-at-celtic-and-lennoxtown-next/

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou spoke on a variety of subjects at today’s media event with supporters, ranging from club legends to the status of young players such as Liam Shaw.

However, one of the most burning issues heading into the event itself was what’s going on behind the scenes at Celtic right now in terms of putting in place staff and structures to aid the first team.

In fact, it was the first question put to the manager by A Celtic State Of Mind.

They asked what was next for Postecoglou in terms of recruitment and staff changes, to which the Australian gave a lengthy response, summing up what he sees as the priorities heading into the January window.

The manager explained that his first goal this season was to put a squad in place ready to compete in the short term. Now it’s time to move on to other objectives as that process continues.

After the appointment of Anton McElhone to the sports science department, it seems that the recruitment and scouting department is where changes and improvements will be made next.

Postecoglou told 67 Hail Hail and other outlets: “There’s no doubt going into January we still have some work to do with the playing roster, particular in terms of depth in certain areas.

“In terms of the structure around here, we still need some work around our recruiting and our scouting department. That will be the next focus for me to make sure we get the right people in that area.

“That’s probably the one area where football is changing rapidly – the information that is out there and how you get that information and how you use that information, particularly around scouting.

“That’s the next step for me in terms of January.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if some appointments are made quite quickly, if not specifically for the upcoming transfer window but planning ahead into next summer.

The manager has previously made it clear a number of targets have already been identified for January.

There are hopefully exciting times ahead as Postecoglou puts a further stamp on all aspects of the football department at the club. Watch this space!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    kramer1 likes this.
  14. JamesM09

This is the most encouraging thing I’ve heard coming out of Celtic in a long time to be honest.

Dublin Celt, NomDePlum and kramer1 like this.
  15. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thanks, Crow, for uploading the two recent interviews with Ange. There's so much to be optimistic about. Ange gets us and gets the club in a genuine way. With Ange as manager there's real potential for us to achieve something in Europe over the next few seasons. As for domestically, I can see us being feared again in the same way we've been in the past. It's a great time to be a Tim.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Why would we need to wait til January to sort out our recruitment side?

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Some interesting stuff from Ange on the fan conference. Looks like he's not scared to look into different transfer markets other clubs may deem beneath them. And the guys he wants to sign need to have more to them than just ability in order to play here.

Lots more positives to take from the interview regarding some restructures and long term goals.

18. Mr Cleansheets

I've been an Ange fan for many years but to have that coincide with him being Celtic coach blows me away.

I'd almost suggest that we should be hiding the fan media interview above because it gives so much insight into how a successful manager - a really successful manager - goes about his business.

Such an articulate chap talking about his team and his mission, and I absolutely love how generously he allows the fans into his world.

Big shout out also to the fan media because the quality of the questions (cf the MSP) was what really enable Ange to shine.

Well done to all involved.

19. Lewis Kerr

The fan media conference was great.

People often said they enjoyed listening to Rodgers and even Lenny before last season, but with Ange, I genuinely love hearing him speak and feel like I'm learning something. His philosophy on life, the way he talks about the game, how articulate he is and the honesty from the man is so, so refreshing.

I think he can create something really special here if given all the tools to do so. We're obviously a long way off where we want to be still, but you get the impression he really cares about our progression as a club, especially on the European stage. This is something I've been desperate for us to prioritise in the last decade, but we haven't. The huns dying and the burden of 10IAR pretty much gave previous managers an excuse to ignore this aspect of our development. Rodgers somewhat changed this, but between 2009-2016 and 2018 onwards, the board were happy for the club to stagnate. Our complacency and stale approach to the modern game culminated in the debacle of last season, but it was bubbling under the surface for years before that (even under Rodgers).

Some may call it delusional but the way he is trying to make us play, along with the mentality and belief he is trying to instil into the club shows me that he wants us to compete at the top level. I'm so glad we have this man as manager.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member